Part Fifty-Four

It had been days since Bobbie and the twins retrieved the golden trio from the 9 3/4 platform, bringing them home for the summer. Since Remus gained information that Harry would be staying with them for his summer holiday, he had worked relentlessly into transforming their study into a proper room.

With each picture he hung and wall he painted it took a bit of his grief away, knowing James, Lilly, and Sirius were smiling down at him for taking in Harry.

Harry of course loved his new room, grateful for all his friends had done for him. The three of them quickly fell into a routine of taking Harry to explore different areas of the country, eating dinner together, and watching more films than they could count (Harry had seen less than a handful his whole life). The Order was back in full swing and they brought Harry to the meetings with them so he could visit with Ron and Hermione upstairs while the members discussed business.

Hermione would often stay at the cottage as well, sleeping on the cot Remus set up in Harry's room for such occasions. "You three are like a proper family," El laughed as Remus, Bobbie and Harry arrived to Grimmauld place.

The first time back at the Black family house had been tough to say the least, Remus running around the home and smashing different things in his path. It was one of the strangest things she had ever seen, he was so angry, chest heaving as she wrecked havoc throughout the Black family home. Then, as if a switch turned back off, he returned to his normal self and used his wand to use several household charms to clean up the mess he made. Bobbie suggested they found a new place to hold their meetings, but Remus shot the idea down instantly, saying Sirius was with them in this house.

"It's a bit strange really, seeing Remus being fatherly. He had "the talk" with Harry the other night after 'Mione let slip he kissed Cho Chang last school year," Bobbie laughed as her eyes shifted to Remus who was speaking with Bill Weasley.

"That's brilliant, but it doesn't shock me one bit. He was the best teacher we ever had at Hogwarts for that exact reason, he cares."

Bobbie's mind wondered to what Remus would be like with their own children, a smile crawling onto her lips as she imagined little children with his honey brown eyes and her blonde hair running around. Each of them wearing sweaters Molly Weasley knitted for them.

"What are you two ladies discussing?" Remus asked as he took his seat next to Bobbie, placing a kiss on her temple as he did so. She loved how natural everything they did was, like they had been together in all their past lives.

"Just talking about all the mini Remus and Bobbies you'll be having after showing her what a great daddy you are," El chuckled.

Bobbie didn't miss the look that Remus sported at the mention of them having children, and she rolled her eyes internally. She imagined she'd be having a very similar conversation regarding children as they did about marriage. Any sign of future plans or commitment and Remus froze up, she had to approach these situations very delicately. Like he was a deer in the forest she was trying not to scare off. She wasn't in a rush anyhow they had the rest of forever for arguments like this.

"Please can I stay and listen in on the meeting, I'll be of age next year!" Harry said as he appeared suddenly in between Bobbie and Remus's heads.

"Yeah and maybe next year you can, until then get your ass back upstairs," Bobbie scolded, shooing the boy from the dining area.

The boy rolled his eyes like the dramatic teenager Bobbie learned he could be, before obeying her orders and joining his friends in the drawing room upstairs.

"The Death Eaters attacked another village, just outside of Hogwarts," Kingsley stated once the meeting had started. Only when the ministry saw Voldemort with their own eyes were they forced to accept the fact of the Dark Lord's return. By this point it was too late, Voldemort had been building his army for an entire year before they chose to intervene. Innocent blood was being spilled because Fudge chose to remain blissfully unaware of the darkness that crept into the wizarding world.