Part Thirty-Two

Since the Quidditch World Cup the entire wizarding world was in a frenzy

Since the Quidditch World Cup the entire wizarding world was in a frenzy. Everyone knew what the dark mark in the sky meant, though most chose to live in oblivion and ignore what was going on. Mrs. Granger was extremely hesitant to send Hermione back to Hogwarts, but she figured she would be safer surrounded by wizards and witches.

"It looks beautiful, pet," Bobbie heard her mother say from the entrance of the bathroom. She turned to face her mother, a small smile on her lips as she ran her fingers through her now brown locks.

Bobbie had changed immensely over the course of that summer and she couldn't bare to look in the mirror at the same girl she was mere months ago. She had thought about going on a search for Remus more times than she'd care to admit. At least to make sure he was alive. She worked so hard to put him out of her mind over the summer, but anytime she stopped busying herself Remus Lupin's face imprinted in her brain. So she never stopped moving. She continued to help Fred and George fix up their shop, and she got herself a job at a pub in Diagon Alley. She even saved up enough money to get herself a flat near St. Mungo's.

Her mother had just finished helping her move in and they were spread lazily across the couch, watching a film on Bobbie's small television set. Her flat wasn't much, but it was hers.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" her mother asked from her spot on the couch.

Bobbie peered over at her mother and shrugged. "A bit nervous I suppose."

Tomorrow marked Bobbie's official first day of healer training. She had been waiting for this day all summer, and she'd had her outfit picked out for weeks. Bobbie and her mother sipped tea and finished their film before her mother decided to leave, ensuring her daughter got enough rest for her big day.

Bobbie grinned as she looked around her studio flat before plopping on top of her freshly made bed. Her eyes fluttered shut and she was resting peacefully until someone appeared on her bed in a flash. With a shriek, the girl flew off the mattress and snatched her wand from her pocket.

"Relax it's only me," Fred giggled as he put his arms behind his head.

"Yeah, make yourself at home," Bobbie scoffed as she lowered her wand, still catching her breath.

"You changed your hair," the ginger boy commented and Bobbie reached to twirl a brunette lock in her fingers.

"What are you doing here I was nearly asleep," Bobbie rolled her eyes as she hopped into bed next to him.

Fred shrugged as he reached to circle an arm around his friend, drawing her near. "Just wanted to wish you luck."

"Well knocking exists for a reason," Bobbie laughed, playfully swatting her friend's chest.

"Magic is there for a reason," Fred retorted, sticking his tongue out.

The pair laid like that for a while longer, Bobbie falling asleep on Fred's chest. He only meant to stay for a few minutes, he really did. But when he heard soft snores coming from the beautiful girl that was resting on his chest he couldn't bring it in himself to move.

***

"Fred get up!" Bobbie shouted for what felt like the hundredth time. The girl stomped across her room, flinging a pillow at her ginger friend.

"Oui, what's with all the noise?" he chuckled, slowly rising his head from the warm bed.

"I have to leave in ten minutes and I'm not dressed yet," Bobbie sighed in frustration.

Fred peered over to see the girl standing in nothing but a fluffy white towel and a devilish smirk grew on his lips. "Go ahead, I don't mind."

Bobbie rolled her eyes before picking up another pillow and throwing it at the boy. "Fred Weasley get out of here!" He laughed as she continued to throw small household items at him before apparating from her bed.

She flipped off the spot where her friend resided moments ago before rushing to her closet to throw on a presentable outfit. She was an adult now, she had to be professional. Though she had picked her clothes out weeks in advance, the girl changed her outfit nearly ten times before she finally settled on one and rushed out of her apartment.

The large hospital came into view and a bubbling energy filled Bobbie. This was it. This was her future. She entered the hospital with a large smile spread across her face, before her brow furrowed and she quickly ran back to the entrance.

Her head whipped around, searching for the figure she had sworn she just saw. Bobbie was almost positive she saw a tall man with brown hair flecked with strands of grey standing near the entrance of St. Mungo's. She shook her head and chuckled to herself quietly before entering the hospital once more. It couldn't be true, he couldn't be there.

Bobbie made her way through the hospital to the small school that was attached at the back. Students littered the corridors as she moved to sign in at the table outside of the auditorium her lectures would take place in.

"Damn it," Bobbie huffed as she scribbled her quill on the side of the sheet, willing ink to come out of it.

"Here, take this," she a heard a voice say beside her. She looked up to meet the brown eyes of a blonde girl staring down at her, holding a quill out.

Bobbie thanked the girl, accepting the quill and quickly scribbling her name down. "I'm Camille," the girl said, a slight French accent peaking as she spoke.

"Bobbie," she smiled as they walked into the large auditorium together. It was a beautiful room with large paintings of world renowned healers covering the ceiling.

The two girls found two seats next to each other and settled into them. Camille was a tall, slender girl who looked to be around Bobbie's age. She had a perfectly symmetrical face that made Bobbie a bit envious and long blonde hair that framed her high cheek bones to perfection. Maybe one of the twins would like to date her, she thought to herself.

"So where did you go to school?" The French girl asked as she dug in her sack for a bit of parchment.

"Hogwarts. You?" The mention of Hogwarts stung her tongue a bit as she spoke, thinking of Remus.

"Beauxbatons," the girl smiled and her accent made all the sense in the world to Bobbie.

The pair spoke about their days in school, laughing at how they spoke of it as if it were years ago. Camille seemed to be a sweet girl and Bobbie was pleased to have made a friend her first day. An elderly man appeared on the stage, demanding silence from the students. He began his introductions instantly and Bobbie listened eagerly, hardly believing she was there. She had made it.