Part Seventy-One

The sun filtered through the thin curtains of Bobbie and Remus's room. The faint smell of bacon and eggs engulfed the girl as she opened her eyes, stretching out to feel for her husband.

She was saddened to feel his spot empty and cold and she rose from the bed, wrapping the sheet around her nude body. Jinx was curled in a ball on Remus's pillow and she smiled at him before making her way down the wooden staircase.

There was a singular plate of breakfast resting on the table, a note and a small rose placed next to it.

"Remus?" She called out into the cottage hopefully. That last strand of hope quickly disappeared as she picked up the piece of parchment.

Darling,

It's unbearable to leave you for a second time so I hope you can forgive me for taking off so early in the morning. If I stayed in our bed with you any longer I feared I would never be able to leave. I'll write to you as soon as I can, but know that I am with you always. You are the sun Bobbie Granger, the center of my entire universe.

p.s I hope you got up at a reasonable time, otherwise your eggs might be cold.

My eternal love,

R.L

Her eyes fluttered the paper as she bit into her toast before setting it back down and pushing the plate of food away. It would never get any easier spending time apart.

She peered around the now empty cottage and sighed before trudging back up toward her room. She tried to remain positive, the children would be coming home for summer holiday in a few days time anyhow. Harry would be staying at the cottage once again, and she smiled at the fact that she wouldn't be all alone.

The impending war was weighing greatly on the girl's shoulders as she settled onto the small window seat in her room, peering out at the great landscape of Yorkshire.

She feared for her and her sister's lives, they were exactly the type of witches that Voldemort despised the most. He and his followers wouldn't hesitate to kill the both of them.

Jinx leapt onto the bench breaking the girl from her trance. "Come on buddy let's go see our friends," she said as she rose from her nook and got herself dressed.

Holding the small cat in her arms she Disapparated to the porch of the Burrow. As she entered Bobbie was immediately drawn into the chaos that surrounded the home. They had finally nearly finished rebuilding the home, where most of the Weasleys were scrambling around eating breakfast.

"Hey Granger," Bill smiled from the wooden table. Madam Pomfrey performed excellent work in mending his face, the long scars were nearly healed.

"Morning Bill," she greeted the eldest.

"Oh Bobbie, doesn't his face look so handsome," Fluer exclaimed as she took the seat next to her fiancé.

"Had us worried he'd be a mangled git forever," Fred laughed as she joined the table with a full plate of food. Molly entered the room, smacking Fred with the dish towel in her hands.

"Don't speak about your brother like that he's as good as new," Molly dismissed.

The front door burst open and Mad-Eye Moody hobbled through it, grunting with each step he took.

"Oh Alastor I forget you were coming dear! Sit, sit I'll get you a plate of food."

He nodded toward the mother and sank into a seat at the opposite end of the table, away from others. His magic eye was spinning around in his head, something that always both amazed and disgusted Bobbie.

"I thought there wasn't a meeting until tomorrow?" Bobbie questioned.

The man let out a grunt and shook his head. "Change of plans, thank you Molly," he stated as she set a hefty breakfast on the table in front of him. "Potter will be returning to Privet Drive tomorrow."

"No, he's staying at my cottage like last summer," Bobbie interrupted.

"Could you do me a favor, Granger, and keep your mouth shut for a minute? Can you do that?" The man asked looking toward her in response. She nodded and Moody continued, "Potter is still underage, meaning he has the trace on him. Voldemort has gained enough control over the ministry to have observe any Apparation, floo network, or Portkey use on Privet Drive. So we're going to use more conventional methods such as broomsticks, thestrals, etc."

"I call a thestral!" Fred interjected, shooting a look toward his twin brother.

"This is not a damn circus ride you two! This is an important mission, one that could go extremely wrong if we aren't careful," Moody huffed.

"Where are we to take Potter from there?"

"Hagrid will take him to the Tonks residence which will have several protection enchantments. We all will go to different safe houses which will have Portkeys we can use to get to the Burrow," Alastor explained.

The entire room was silent, attempting to absorb the plan. There was plenty that could go wrong with it, but they didn't have many other options.

"Oh, and one more thing. We'll all be taking Polyjuice potion in order to transform into Harry Potter. That way if we are attacked they won't know which one is the true Potter," Moody added with a mouthful of berries.

Bobbie chuckled a bit. "He's not going to like that."

"We will use force if we have to, that boy is arriving to the Burrow unharmed. Are we all in agreement?"

The room was silent for a moment before everyone began nodding their heads.

"Good get some rest, all of you, and we will rendezvous back here tomorrow night before heading to Privet Drive," Moody stated as he rose from his seat. He made his way to the door, shouting a 'thank you' to Molly. "Ah, yes Granger. Remus has been informed of the change in plans and will arrive at the Burrow tomorrow evening."

A bolt of excitement shot through the girl at the mention of  Remus. Though they were all about to go on a potentially life-threatening mission, she couldn't help but feel excited, as her husband would be by her side.