Part Sixty-Six

Bobbie stayed at her parents' home for days after the attack on the Burrow

Bobbie stayed at her parents' home for days after the attack on the Burrow. She didn't have the heart to step into her cottage. Her cottage that was absent of Remus.

He had yet to write to her, which Bobbie had expected. She wished to simply know if he was alive or not. Her parents had loads of questions about the mission Remus was sent to perform, but they would never truly understand.

She hadn't spoken more then a few words to Hermione, still unsure of how to feel. Her sister was never less than understanding of her relationship, but how could she condone her little sister being entangled with a Malfoy. The entire family despised what the Granger girls were, believing in the supremacy of pure blood wizards. Draco Malfoy walked around Hogwarts like he was a king, desiring the execution of any witch or wizard like the Grangers. Bred by muggles.

Bobbie was stationed in the back garden of the Granger home, flipping through the book Remus had gifted her for Christmas. Her fingertips traced the markings he had left throughout the pages, underlining and commenting on bits and pieces of the story.

Monica emerged from the back door, placing a cup of tea in front of her daughter. Hermione had gone back to the castle for the rest of the term, despite her parents expressing their fears of her return.

"Have you heard from Remus?" The mother asked as she took a seat on the bench next to her daughter.

Bobbie was silent for a moment before answering. "I likely won't hear from him for a while."

"Sweetheart I know you and your sister live completely different lives than your father and I, but that doesn't mean I couldn't try to understand."

Bobbie's thumb turned the corner page of her book down, marking her place before setting it on the table in front of her. "Remus is a werewolf, it's why he has all those scars."

"Oh dear...is that what happened with your arm?" Her mother questioned, taking hold of her left arm that was home to the long line of scars from many moons ago.

"Remus is a good man, a good man with a terrible condition. He tries his hardest to control his transitions. He drinks a certain potion that allows him to keep his mind, he locks himself in a shack so he can't hurt anyone," Bobbie explained, gauging her mother's reaction. "There are werewolves that aren't like Remus, that don't want to control themselves. They live underground like animals, and that is where Dumbledore sent Remus."

"But how could he do such a thing?" Monica gasped.

"We want them on our side for the war and not Voldemort's."

Monica looked absolutely shell shocked. She of course knew of The Dark Lord and his abilities, but it had never occurred to her that a war could break out at any given moment. "Couldn't Remus refuse? You two only just got married."

Bobbie shook her head. "Remus is indebted to Dumbledore forever. We all are, really. We have no hope of winning this war without him."

Monica wrapped an arm around her daughter, unsure of how to respond. Would her girls truly be fighting in a war? "Well perhaps you could give me some grand babies before everyone leaves to fight."