Part Seventeen

The group made their way through the shops of Hogsmeade as a light snowfall dusted the ground

The group made their way through the shops of Hogsmeade as a light snowfall dusted the ground. They were granted a special weekend trip to do some shopping or go to a pub.

Harry's somber face was stuck in Bobbie's mind, as professor McGonagall had forbidden him from leaving the castle due to him not having a parent signature for permission. Bobbie was annoyed with the professor, she knew the full extent of his awful living situation. How he was abused by those God awful muggles.

El suggested they grab butter beers at The Three Broomsticks and Bobbie eagerly agreed, wanting to dip out of the cold. The twins went to the bar area to order the lot their drinks before meeting the girls at the table.

Bobbie curled her fingers around the mug, warming them instantly. She took a sip, allowing the warm liquid course through her body.

"You've got uh-" Fred said beside her, pointing to the foam mustache she was sporting. Bobbie giggled as her cheeks turned crimson from embarrassment. She reached to wipe the cream from her top lip, but Fred shook his head and reached to wipe it himself.

"T-thanks," Bobbie muttered, looking away to her hands.

Bobbie saw her sister enter the little pub and sit in a corner table with Ron, talking to a seemingly empty chair across from her. She rolled her eyes at the trio, realizing Harry was using his father's invisibility cloak to sneak on the field trip.

Rising from her seat, she walked over the table her sister was sitting at and greeted Hermione and Ron. They glanced up at her, guilt plastering both of their faces. Bobbie pretended to take a seat where Harry was sitting at and her sister cried out, "No!"

"What's wrong is someone sitting here? Perhaps a boy about this tall, black hair, green eyes?" Bobbie smirked, leaning onto the oak table.

Ron rolled his eyes at the girl, "How do you two always seem to know everything."

Bobbie shrugged with a grin, "The Granger girls are just that good." She promised not to tell anyone about their fugitive before returning to her friends. The group ordered another round of butterbeer before deciding to head out, as the twins were dying to check out the new joke shop.

On their journey to the joke shop, a dapper set of gentleman's dress robes peered at Bobbie from the corner of her eye. She thought back to Remus's tattered ones that were about three sizes too big on him.

The girl excused herself from her friends, making up an excuse of wanting to purchase a new quill. She slipped into the men's boutique and touched the expensive fabric of the robes. Remus wearing the dashing robes played in her mind and she reached to remove them from the hanger.

The price came into view, and she gasped when she saw they were nearly one hundred galleons. She reached into her cloak and counted that she had just enough. The pouch of coins was meant to last her until the holiday, but she decided she wouldn't need purchase anything until then.

A smile played upon her lips as she exited the shop with her new parcel, bursting at the seams to see the look on Remus's face when she gifted them to him.

"I thought you were only getting a quill?" El questioned as Bobbie joined her friends once more.

"I found a nice sweater that I figured dad would love for Christmas." Bobbie shrugged as she tucked the parcel under her arm.

Fred and George loaded up on supplies to terrorize the students of Hogwarts with pranks before they decided to head back toward the castle. Bobbie couldn't find her sister anywhere, but she had Ron and Harry with her so she tried not to worry too much as she entered her dormitory.

She peered down to the large wrapped parcel, her heart swelling, only hoping Remus would love them as much as she imagined him to.

***

Remus drew his head back, a low groan omitting from his throat as the girl residing on his lap left his lips to trail kisses along his stubbled jaw. They were seated together in his tiny wooden office chair, breaking the rules of curfew. Bobbie couldn't care less about getting in trouble for being out of bed, as long as she could see for Remus for only a few moments.

"I got you something," Bobbie whispered, kissing his lips once more before jumping from his lap to her pack.

Remus looked curiously at the large parcel Bobbie handed him before tearing into the tan paper. "H-how much did these cost..." he asked as he looked down at the black robes.

The smile on Bobbie's face quickly faded, "Why, do you not like them?"

"Why would you spend your money on me?" he asked bitterly, handing the robes back to her.

Her brows furrowed together and she pushed the clothing back to Remus's chest. "I passed them on our trip to Hogsmeade and wanted you to have robes that actually fit you."

"Are you able to return them, I can do it if you don't have another trip to Hogsmeade soon." Since Bobbie had gifted him the robes, Remus hadn't been able to meet the girl's eye.

She reached to cup his face into her small hands, forcing him to meet her gaze. "I wanted to get them for you, it's the least I could do after not being able to find a charm to mend your old robes."

Remus shook his head and backed away from her grasp. "Bobbie these are expensive robes, I don't want you to spend your money on me. Not...not when I can't afford to buy you nice things in return."

As he said this it finally registered as to why he was so against her purchasing him a gift. "Oh Remus you know I don't care about those things."

He wrapped his arms around Bobbie's waist, and pulled her to sit next to him on his tiny couch. "This is the longest I've been able to hold a job in years. Once people find out what I am they get rid of me almost instantly."

"How could people be so hateful," she gasped, intertwining her fingers in his.

"There's anti-werewolf legislation, it makes it almost impossible for someone like me to have a steady job. That's why I was so surprised when Dumbledore sought me out, asking me to fill a post here," Remus whispered, looking down at his tattered brown shoes. He was so embarrassed of himself. Of his condition, of his income, everything.

Bobbie slid to the floor from the couch to kneel in front of Remus, collecting his hands into her own. "Nothing you say could ever make me change my mind about you, Rem. None of these things define you, and you are one of the most capable wizards I know."

The professor lifted his head and looked at the most amazing girl he would ever know. He could hardly believe she was still with him after finding out so much about him and his past. "No one has ever stayed like you have."

Bobbie's heart nearly shattered as the broken man said this, moving to be held in his arms. Remus drew in a deep breath, becoming filled with the pleasant smell of Bobbie's soaps. He only wished he deserved the girl curled in his lap, but he knew she deserved the world. And Remus was well aware he was anything but the world.