Part Five

El and Bobbie were gathered on Bobbie's bed painting Gryffindor markings on their cheeks

El and Bobbie were gathered on Bobbie's bed painting Gryffindor markings on their cheeks. It was the first Quidditch match of the school year and Harry, Ron, and the twins had not stopped going on about it for the past week. The girls made their way to the common room to wait for Hermoine and Ginny. The younger girls entered the room dressed in their Gryffindor gear before the lot of them headed toward the field.

They found some spots in the wooden stands and instantly spotted all the boys on their brooms. Fred flew in front of the stand where the girls resided and did a back flip on his broom, shooting a wink to Bobbie. "Show off!" El shouted toward her ginger friend.

The Slytherin students entered the arena and Madam Hooch blew her whistle, starting the game. The teams instantly starting flying at full speed for the bludgers. A ball came straight for George which he expertly blocked and the girls cheered for his save.

The golden snitch came directly in front of Harry and he dove to try to catch it. Bobbie became nervous as she saw Draco Malfoy flying behind Harry, seeking the snitch as well. Malfoy was known for not playing fairly on the field, and if his father wasn't so powerful he would've been kicked from the team ages ago. Potter and Malfoy were bumping into each other, trying to throw one another off course.

"I'm going to go get some popcorn. Let me know what happens," Bobbie said to her friends before leaving the wooden stands. Bobbie loved watching Quidditch, but when her friend's safety was at risk she found it hard to keep her eyes open.

Everyone was busy in the stands watching the game, so the line for snacks was virtually empty. "Don't like Qudditch, huh?" she heard a voice question behind her.

Bobbie turned to meet Professor Lupin's gaze. He looked so handsome in his hat and game paint, she thought. "I just don't like to watch my friends get hurt if I can help it," she admitted. She never told any of her friends this, not even El. It made her seem weak, but she cared about her friends too much for her own good. Perhaps that was why the sorting hat placed her in Gryffindor, her unwavering loyalty.

"I can understand that. It's not exactly a low contact sport now is it?" Bobbie appreciated that he related to her, rather than poking fun at her.

"You played sir?"

"Godric, no! But my friends did play. James Potter was the best seeker this castle had ever seen, that is until his boy started playing I hear."

"You were friends with Harry's father?" Bobbie gasped at the information. Professor Lupin nodded, a somber smile creeping onto his lips at the mention of his late from James. "Harry is quite excellent, though I hate when they play Slytherin. Draco Malfoy is relentless in trying to hurt him," Bobbie rolled her eyes. She was surprised as to how easy conversation came between her and her Professor. She could hardly imagine talking to her headmaster in this manner.

"I'm glad Potter has someone like you watching over him," the professor grinned before scooping a handful of Bobbie's popcorn into his mouth.

She chuckled as he crunched away at her snack. "What are you, an animal?"

For reasons Bobbie did not understand Lupin fell silent, a pained expression taking over his handsome features. Bobbie laughed awkwardly and told him she was only joking before he snapped out of his trance and looked down toward the blonde girl. The professor sat on a ledge near the snack stand and Bobbie followed suit, offering him some more popcorn.

The wind picked up and Bobbie shivered, cursing herself for not stepping out to check the weather beforehand. Professor Lupin removed his scarf and wrapped it around Bobbie, causing her to heat up- and not just from the fabric he delicately placed around her. The scarf was already warm from Lupin wearing it, and it smelled of cigarette smoke and wood. She thanked him and they talked until the popcorn ran out.

"Well I'd better get back to my friends, I reckon the game is nearly finished," Bobbie said as she rose from the ledge.

She reached to take off his scarf to return it, but he placed his hands on top of hers. "Keep it for now." Bobbie shot her professor a grin and nodded before turning away to meet her friends in the stands. It took everything in her to not turn around and catch one last glance of her professor.

"Did you get lost in the snack stands?" El giggled as Bobbie finally returned to the stands.

"I had to ask professor a few questions about class," Bobbie rolled her eyes and smiled. It wasn't a total lie, she truly was speaking with one of their professors, however they talked about anything but class.