Part Twenty

"Would you please get up and pack," El sighed to her friend who was still in bed half past noon

"Would you please get up and pack," El sighed to her friend who was still in bed half past noon. Bobbie rolled her eyes before snatching her wand from the end table next to her and waved it at her trunk, packing it within seconds. "That's not exactly what I meant, come on girl get up!"

Bobbie pulled her fluffy white duvet over her head, silencing her friend for a moment. She groaned as her duvet was ripped from her body, the cold air creeping onto her skin. "Quit it!" Bobbie squealed, reaching to the floor for her comforter.

"You have been moping around this castle for weeks now. Either get out of bed or tell me what's going on," El demanded, holding the girl's duvet out of arm's reach. Bobbie rolled her eyes and huffed before rising from her bed and snatching her comb from her dresser. "There we are, I was beginning to think your legs would never work properly again."

Bobbie shot a sarcastic smirk to her friend as she combed through her unruly hair. She and Remus hadn't spoken in weeks and the silence was deafening. She was well aware he was pushing her away because he thought it would keep her safe, but she wished he would realize it was doing more harm than good.

The two girls charmed their trunks to follow them to The Great Hall where all the students were waiting to depart for the train. They found their friends sitting at table, Fred of course shoving his face full of  different foods. The group had thought about staying behind for their last Christmas at Hogwarts, but Bobbie didn't want to miss out with her family. The Weasleys had invited them over for a feast anyhow.

The friends all chatted, excited about their different holiday plans, while Bobbie simply stared into the dark oak pattern of the table. She wished she could spend the holiday with Remus, drinking hot cocoa by the fire. She imagined bringing him to dinner at the Weasleys, where Mrs. Weasley would hand them matching sweaters with their initials stitched into them.

She sighed and excused herself from the table before sprinting toward the North Tower. Bobbie wanted to at least say goodbye to the man, as she wouldn't see him for weeks. Breathlessly, she entered his classroom to see it empty. "Remus?" she whispered out into the large room, hoping he'd appear from his office at the top or an odd corner.

A loud bell chimed throughout the entire school, indicating it was time to leave for the Hogwarts Express. Bobbie frowned as she ran out of the school, finding her friends in the courtyard. "Where the hell did you run off to, I thought we were going to have to leave you," El scolded her friend, looping their arms.

"Forgot something," Bobbie whispered, resting her head on her friend's shoulder as they walked.

The train ride passed in a blur to Bobbie, who stared at the car door for the entirety of the journey, hoping she'd see Remus walk past it. She silently chuckled at how pathetic this man made her in such a short amount of time. She thought she saw him on the platform, but his back was turned and he apparated shortly after stepping off the train.

"Ready?" Hermione asked, grabbing onto her big sister's arm. She nodded, pulling El in for one last hug as she wouldn't be seeing her over the break. Fred blew Bobbie a kiss, which she rolled her eyes to before reaching out to catch it. The Granger sisters were gone in a flash, landing at their familiar home in London.

"Wendell they're here!" the girls heard their mother shout from the kitchen as she raced to pull her daughters into a warm embrace. They saw their father emerge from the stairs, joining the Granger group hug.

"Oh I have missed you two terribly!" he said as they all moved to scatter about the living room. Their parents listened eagerly as Hermione went on about her classes, and what she was learning for the school year.

"You alright pet?" Bobbie's mother asked her quietly, as Hermione continued speaking to their father. She looked over to meet her mother's worried eye and nodded. Her mother frowned as she wrapped her arms around her daughter, drawing her close to her chest.

"I'll be fine," Bobbie stated sadly, hugging her mom back. A lump formed in her throat as her mother held her in her arms, much like she did was she was a little girl.

Her problems back then seemed so small and dismal now, compared to the heartache she was experiencing. Bobbie's mother held her like that for a while, not pressing further on the matter for the time being. Just holding her daughter in her arms would simply suffice for now.