Part Seventy

After the touching tribute for Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall ushered the students back inside of the castle

After the touching tribute for Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall ushered the students back inside of the castle. She would be assuming the role of Headmistress for the time being.

Kingsley and Arthur volunteered their services to move Dumbledore's body, they needed to do it quickly as it was a rather traumatizing event for the children to witness.

Bobbie said her goodbyes to Harry, Ron, and Ginny and though she wished to speak to her sister, she couldn't spot her anywhere.

"Find Hermione immediately," Bobbie told Harry and Ron as they were departing. She could only hope her younger sister didn't run off with Draco Malfoy. That night Harry had seen Draco's dark mark, confirming everyone's suspicions of the boy. Perhaps now Hermione would understand the severity of the situation she was putting herself in.

Draco Malfoy was assigned the task of killing Dumbledore that night in the Astronomy tower, and when he wasn't able to follow through, Snape stepped in. Bobbie hadn't trusted Snape since she learned he was part of the Order, and tonight only solidified that for the girl. Though, many still believed in Severus's innocence.

By the time she had made her way to Hogsmeade with the others, Bobbie's head was spinning. The Weasley family would all be staying at the castle for the evening to stay close to Bill.

"Shall we go home?" Bobbie asked Remus as they entered the village, now having the ability to apparate home.

Remus was silent for a moment, drawing in a deep sigh. "Bobbie...I have to continue this mission."

"But-"

"Just because he's gone doesn't mean I'm absolved of my duties. I need to see this through, for Dumbledore." Remus exhaled. "For everyone," he said the last part rather quietly.

Bobbie swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat and nodded somberly. She knew in the back of her mind that Remus wouldn't be able to come home all of a sudden, but it was nice to pretend that he'd be staying. Even if it was for only a moment.

"Could you at least stay the night at home?"

Remus looked up toward the sky, almost as if he were asking Dumbledore his opinion. He knew it'd be foolish, and the werewolves would give him a hard time for leaving for an entire evening, but he hadn't seen his wife in weeks. "Lead the way," he said once he decided.

Bobbie smiled up at the man, grasping onto his hand and sending them home. The moment they appeared in the living room Jinx leapt off the couch and darted toward Remus.

He grinned at their small animal and bent down to hold him in his arms. "I've missed you little one," Remus whispered into the grey fur of the kitten. He took a second to take in the surroundings of their cottage, he had missed the serenity of his own home. Sleeping underground was less than ideal, but it wasn't anything the man wasn't used to. Before Bobbie entered his life he had been living a semi-derelict lifestyle.
"The cottage looks..."

"Like a mess, I know, I'm sorry. The twins have been staying here while you've been away," Bobbie became flustered as she moved about the living room to pick up spare glasses and mismatched socks.

Remus felt himself cringing at the fact that the twins were staying with his wife as their cottage wasn't very big, and wondered where Fred slept. He shook the feeling away as quickly as it came, knowing he could trust Bobbie. It took him years to feel so secure in their relationship, but Bobbie proved her love for the man time and time again.

He moved across the living room to the girl, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. "Leave it," he whispered, reaching to take the empty mugs from her hands. Bobbie slowly turned to face him, her body heating up from being in such close proximity to the man. No matter the number of years they'd been together, Remus never failed to give the girl butterflies in the pit of her stomach. She would never stop feeling this way for him, even when they were old and senile.

They stood like that for a few moments, their lips hovering over one another and nearly touching. She swallowed thickly as her gaze drifted toward his lips, wet and inviting.

"Kiss me," she whispered, her lips just centimeters away from his own.

Remus's mind was swirling, hardly believing the girl he had dreamt about for weeks was standing right in front of him. As if gravity suddenly shifted and pulled him toward her, his head lowered to place his lips on his wife's.

Sparks omitted from the pair as their lips moved in sync, desperate and needy. She kissed the man as if he were her lifeline, getting her oxygen from the kiss.

Remus's hand moved to lace through the girl's hair, the other one cupping her cheek. Bobbie panted as she pulled back for air, and he used this opportunity to draw her head back and expose her neck to him. He let out a low groan before dipping his head to kiss and nip at her skin as she grabbed at the hairs on the back of his neck.

Their lips met once more in an even more passionate embrace, their tongues moving to entangle in one another's. Remus slid his hands down the girl's back to cup her bottom, lifting her so she was wrapped around his torso.

Lips still connected, Remus carried Bobbie over toward the stairs. They laughed into each other's mouths as Remus fumbled up the stairs, nearly tripping over them once or twice.

Once they made it into their bedroom, Remus threw the girl into the center of their mattress, climbing to hover over her.

"Do you feel what you do to me?" He whispered in a low growl as he allowed his body to press against hers. She gasped as she felt his fullness in the places she desired him most. His lips were hovering over her ear, his hot breath fanning over her cheek as he spoke. "You can't imagine how difficult it is to constantly be thinking of you when you're not near me."

Bobbie let out a soft moan as he nipped at her ear before connecting their lips once more. "Trust me, I know the feeling," she stated, grabbing onto Remus's hand and trailing down her body toward her southern region.

"Ah, so you did miss me," he chuckled as he felt how ready she was for him. Ready to become his once again after weeks apart, to become one.

As Remus was pulling Bobbie's shirt over her head Jinx hopped onto the bed, moving to lay on her bare stomach.

The both of them burst into laughter as the kitten rubbed against Remus's arm, wanting to cuddle with them. He kissed in between Jinx's ears before picking him off Bobbie's stomach and taking him into the hallway. "Sorry buddy, you're far too little to hear what I'm about to do to your mother," he chuckled before setting the cat in the hall and shutting the door leading to their bedroom.

"Remus he's just a boy! He shouldn't be hearing such crassness!" Bobbie scolded as he moved to hover over her petite frame again, knees on either side of her.

He smirked and dipped his head to kiss her cheek. "Say my name again."

She rolled her eyes, swatting his chest. "Remus I mean it."

He moved from her lips to kiss a trail down her nude chest, his tongue swirling around her navel. "Remus," she moaned.

"Much better," he smiled against her bare skin before continuing his path.

They made love that evening with the desperate need to fulfill the void that has been placed in their lives since Remus's departure. To mold their bodies into one human. One beautiful human.