Part Sixty-Nine

Bobbie, Fluer, and the Weasley family Disapparated to the small village of Hogsmeade, just outside of Hogwarts

Bobbie, Fluer, and the Weasley family Disapparated to the small village of Hogsmeade, just outside of Hogwarts. The world moved around her in slow motion as her feet pounded the snow-filled ground bounding toward the castle.

A loud, thunderous sound crepitated throughout the night's sky.

"We're too late!" George shouted, pointing toward the sky. Hanging in the grey clouds was a large, shrieking skull. The Dark Mark. The mark of death.

Everything fell silent around the girl as she gazed up toward the skull overlooking the Astronomy tower. Molly's piercing scream filled her ears, bringing her back to reality and the group took off in a full sprint toward the tower.

Bobbie could see Harry running out of the entrance with his wand raised, determination heavy on his face. "Harry! What happened?"

The boy lifted his glasses, using the sleeve of his windbreaker to wipe his eyes. There was a shift of color in the boy's eyes, turning a darker shade than his usual vibrant green. She supposed seeing a myriad of death before you're even seventeen would do that to a person.

"It was Snape! Draco Malfoy was meant to kill him, but that-that slimy piece of..." the boy trailed off, sobs overtaking his body. Bobbie wrapped her arms around his shoulders, holding Harry as he cried into the crook of her neck. She could feel his salty tears penetrate the material of her jumper, causing her eyes to water. Dumbledore was dead.

Through her tear-filled eyes she saw the twins slowly walk toward the stone patch just below the opening of the tower. They lowered themselves to the ground, placing their hands on Dumbledore's chest.

Harry pulled away from Bobbie's grasp, her heart breaking as she saw the sorrow in his features. "Dumbledore was my safe haven. Anytime I was fearing for my life I always thought to myself 'No one can harm you when Dumbledore is around.' Now I'm as good as dead, the only barrier between me and Voldemort is gone."

"That's not true and you know it. I'd give my life to keep you safe, we all would," Bobbie sniffled as she smoothed the boy's jet black hair down. She wished Remus was here to comfort him, he was always best with consoling.

"I know you would, and you have," the boy smiled weakly. That same look of determination crept back into Harry's eyes, almost as if he suddenly remembered something very important, and he took off in a full sprint.

"Where are you going?" Bobbie shouted into the air.

"To give Snape and Malfoy a taste of their own medicine!" He yelled over his shoulder, continuing down the hill.

After hearing Harry's plan, everyone took after him. There was a loud explosion within the castle, tiny shards of glass exploding from the windows in The Great Hall.

Bobbie peered in through the window and saw Bellatrix Lestrange walking along the long wooden tables, flicking her wand to blast anything in her path to bits. The girl's heart sank as she watched the witch destroy her old school.