7

* Dazzline *

I rolled my eyes as Mom went on babbling about how I shouldn't have slapped Tara.

"I still can't believe you did that" She said.

"She deserved it. Stop feeling sorry for her" I replied as I did the dishes.

"But...."

"Good night Mom" I cut her off as I pecked her and went to my room.

My phone ringed and I groaned as I covered my ears with my pillow.
I checked my phone. It was a notification.

Who sends messages at eleven in the night?!!

I opened the notification and saw that I've been added to a group chat on WhatsApp.

I saw an unknown number but the profile pic was the logo of my school.

I opened the chat and realized that it was a group chat.

More or less like a school TV or Channel. Whatever you call it.
And that video of me slapping Tara was on it. It's gone viral.

"Oh God!" I said in annoyance.
There were over 200 comments and it seems it was posted thirty minutes ago.

Don't this people have something to do?!!.

I saved the number as HHS group chat.

I put my phone on silent and placed it on the night stand.

Now I can have a good night sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
* Next Morning*

"Hi" I said to all the people who were greeting me.

I'm so fed up of all this popularity bullshit!!

"Zari!!" I heard a girl call my name from behind. It was Zahra. I know that voice very well.

"Zahra!" I replied as I turned to face her.

"Looks like you're the star girl of the school now. That video of you slapping Tara has gone viral on HHS group chat!!" She squealed.

Wait, am I not the one who is supposed to be happy here??

"I'm not interested" I replied.

"What do you mean you're not interested?" She asked. "Do you know how many girls want to be as popular as you?"

"I only got popular yesterday" I replied.

"Yeah you did. And so many girls are envious of you already!!" She squealed again. "And the guys are saying how cool you are. They like you!!"

"Like I said, I'm not interested" I rolled my eyes as I put my books into my locker.

"Well I'm interested. Teach me how to be as cool as you" She said.

Oh God!!! Seems like I'm gonna lose my mind here!!.

"I can't teach you how to me cool, Zahra, it happens naturally" I replied.

"You have to teach me!!" She insisted.

"And if I do, you'd stop pressuring me?" I asked.

"Yeah" she replied.

"Okay" I said.

"Deal?" She stretched out a handshake.

"Deal" I replied as we shook hands.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

* Omotara *

The cheer leading squad and I had a cheerleading practice in the basketball court today. And since I'm in charge, I sat on a bench and watched the rest of the team struggle with the moves I taught them.

"No! That was totally wrong. Do it again!" I commanded and they all groaned.

Just then, the basketball girls team walked in.

Including Dazzline and Zahra.

Oh lord! Don't the me these two have joined the basketball team!!

Dazzline saw me and looked away as she dropped her bag.

"Ohh. I see you've joined the basketball team" I said as I stood in the middle of the court.

"Yes I have" she replied, clearly uninterested.

"And what skill do you have? Wouldn't want you to be the reason the girls will lose all their games" I said as I crossed my arms.

"I was the captain of the basketball team at my former school" she replied. "I've got more skills than you think"

"Then prove it. To the whole school. That too, today!" I challenged.

"Okay" She accepted the challenge.
"Who am I gonna play with?" She asked.

"My boyfriend" I tried with a smug smile.

"Ohh gosh!!" Some people exclaimed which made my smile widen.

Everyone knows that no one can beat Zephan in basketball.
He's a pro.

"Okay" she replied shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal. "Where are they?"

"They are here" I replied as the basketball boys came in.

"Ladies and gentlemen!!" I said loud enough for everyone to hear after the whole school gathered in the basketball court.

"Dazzline Farrell will play against Zephan Daran" My announcement received a lot of gasps.

"If Zephan wins, Dazzline is out of the basketball team" I paused. "And if Dazzline wins, she stays on the basketball team!"

Which is not likely to happen.

"Let the game begin!!!" Stella said.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I'm sorry guys for not updating early. It's been a busy week for me. And as usual, I've been putting a lot of hard work into this and I really hope you guys like it.
So who do you think will win?
Me: I don't know.
Please, don't forget to vote and comment.
Love y'all.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Buhbyeee!!
💖💖💖💖.
Word Count:835.