7͎5͎

Dazzline

"Please mommy," I begged, clasping my hands together and making my cutest puppy eyes. Despite all my plea, Miss Amelia Farrell won't let me go to school.

"Dazzline!" She groaned, obviously tired of my begging, "Just go back to bed. You're supposed to be resting!"

"I've been resting for a week now!" I whined, "Roman back me up here."

"Sorry darling. I can't. Your mom has a point," Roman said. I opened my mouth in disbelief. Mom gave a sly smile as she clasped her hands together just like me.

"Go to bed, Dazzline. Cutie please."

"No I won't. School needs me! Tara hasn't been doing her head girl duties and I need to do it for her. Tara, Nathan, back me up here," I replied with a scowl and folded my arms.

The girl I call my sister hissed while Nathan outrightly ignored me, focusing on his breakfast.

"What is wrong with you both?!" I exclaimed, tears brimming my eyes. I glared at them to my heart's content and turned back to Mommy and Roman, letting the tears fall, "Please mommy let me go to school. I promise to be a good girl. I'll get home early. I won't do anything stupid. I'll leave school immediately after closing."

"I think you should let her go. She's crying," Roman advised. I increased my volume and cried loudly, hoping she'd agree.

Mom gave a defeated sigh and looked at me for a while, "but your drugs.."

"I'll be home in time to use it" I promised.

"Fine. Hurry up and get dressed so you can go with your elder ones."

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at that statement, "Mom! I'm five months older than Nathan! And Tara and I are twins!" I reminded her.

"Whatever," she said, waving her hands dismissive with a roll of her eyes, "Just hurry up."

"Hmm," I replied, getting up from my chair. I made my way to my room lazily. I sluggishly wore my uniform and stared at the mirror, deciding what way to style my hair.

It was then I realized I was thinner than before.

I sighed and made my hair into a messy bun, grabbed my phone and left for school.

*

"Wait is that...Zari!!!" I heard someone scream as I got down from the car. I turned back and saw Zahra running towards me.

"Yo chill!" I told her as she pulled me into a bear hug, "Don't do that it's suffocating." Realizing she wasn't going to let me go any time soon, I pulled her away from me. Seeing that Nathan and Tara had left me alone with Zahra, I sighed.

"I've missed you," she cooed, ruffling my hair. I glared at her then looked at my reflection on the car, to be sure my hair was still okay. It wasn't.

"Zahra!" I grumbled, "we talked yesterday."

"I know right," She replied, a dreamy look in her eyes. I took a step back, wondering what was wrong with my best friend, "but yesterday feels like a long time already." She made to ruffle my hair again. I swiftly slapped her hands away.

"Ouch Daz what was that for?!" She winced. I smiled and shrugged.

"Just a quick reminder that my hair is not your mate," I sassed. Zahra hissed.

"Dazzline you're back to school!" I heard Daihaah say excitedly, then she came into view. She dropped her bag on the floor and gave me a soft hug.

"Yeah I'm back" I replied, "Has anyone seen Gabriel please?."

"See mouth like Gabriel. In case you don't know, we aren't letting you see your boyfriend this week. So just forget it."

"Yes. Forget it."

I stared at the both of them incredulously.
"Then Daihaah, you won't see Selim this week and Zahra, you're not going to meet Elliot."

"No. It's just you joor. We're keeping you away from Gabriel" Zahra said, punching me playfully in the arm as we walked to class, "how am I supposed to go a day without seeing Elliot? Not to mention a week."

"Darling, I can't also go a day without seeing Gabriel, not to mention a week," I replied and sighted Gabriel. "That's my cue to leave. Buhbye!" I ran away before they could stop me.

*

"Hey babe," I greeted as I reached Gabriel, totally ignoring Zephan.

"Zari," He said, turning to me with a huge grin. He bent a little to give me a fore head kiss.

"Continue doing like you didn't see me here o" Zephan complained. I rolled my eyes and turned to him, "must I talk to you? As you can see, I'm busy with my boo."

"See mouth," was all he said before he saw Tara, "see y'all later."

"They still have feelings for each other," I said, staring at them as they went into the corridor together.

"I know," Gabriel replied, shaking his head a little.

"Umm..Gabe can you please take me to where my parents are?"

Gabriel looked at me with an expression I couldn't decipher. "No."

My shoulders sagged, tears welled up in my eyes, "But Gabe...."

"No buts, Dazzline. I'm not taking you there" He said in a firm tone. Tears rushed down my cheeks as I stared at my boyfriend.

"Gabriel just once please. I promise I won't cry or do anything. I'm just gonna talk to them that's all" I promised. A promise I knew I couldn't keep.

"Dazzline.."

"Gabriel please," I pleaded.

He sighed, cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears, "okay I'll take you there. Thirty minutes and we're done."

I smiled, "Yes."

*
I wrapped my arms around my self as I took in the cemetery. Suddenly, I wished I hadn't begged Gabriel to bring me here. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Gabriel laced his hand with mine and squeezed it lightly.

"Look, it's okay if you wanna leave now," He said.

I shook my head, "No. Where are they?."

Gently, he pulled me along and brought me to a grave where there were fresh flowers. As if someone had just been there.

Adefemi Adebayo - 19XX - 20XX

My breath hitched as I turned my head to see the one next to it. Shania.M.Adebayo - 19XX - 20XX.

I burst into tears.

Dedicated to Omokehinde_ Lol, this one's short too😹 but I still tried naa🙂.
Merry Christmas y'all 💛💛💛
Hopefully, there'd be another update today.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️

Word Count: 1100.