7͎3͎

Dazzline

Like a fish rising to the surface of bright air and sun, I swam up to consciousness out of a dead blank into a brighter world than I had ever seen. If it was day, then the brightness would have been even more blinding than this.

My throat was dry and I desperately wanted to drink water. Looking around, I saw my mommy lying on the couch with a baby cot next to her. Her protruding belly was obvious. With a sharp pain in my head, I remembered she was pregnant. And I remembered what had made me black out. But, that was for later. Right now, I needed water.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I had lost my voice. I needed to wake mommy up if I was going to drink water because I couldn't get up from the bed. And I didn't even know where water was.

I looked around. Desperately looking for a way to wake up mommy. With a little difficulty, I raised my hand and hit a tray containing antiseptic. Who left this here?

As expected, Mommy jolted awake and rushed to the tray, "How the hell did this one fall?"

She still hadn't noticed me.

I pulled her dress lightly them she looked at me and gasped.

"Dazzline...you're..you're awake!!" She exclaimed, her eyes welled with tears as she covered her mouth in shock. I managed to nod my head.

"Can you...can you talk? You can talk right?" She asked. A drop of tears was now sliding freely down her cheek.

I opened my mouth and gave it a try, but it was still the same result.

"You can't talk. I need to call Roman," she said to herself while rushing back to the couch. In the process, she hit the baby cot lightly. Probably waking the baby in it. The baby burst into tears in a very loud voice.

Geez.

I thought waking up from coma would be like waking up from a very good sleep. But no, waking up from coma was like waking up from a dark place where there was no pain. No emotion. I wondered if this was how death felt.

The door burst open and Tara, Nathan and Roman barged in with some nurses. How did they get here so fast?

"God! you're awake!" Tara squealed, making me wince at the intensity of her voice.

"Dazzline are you okay?" Nathan asked. I was going to nod when Roman ushered all of them out of the room so he could check me.

"Okay Dazzline this is a miracle! I lied to Tara few weeks ago that you were improving when the real truth is that you weren't! Now you're awake!! This..I don't even know what to say!!!"

I stared at him blankly, unable to comprehend what he was saying. His face was excited as he wore his stethoscope to check vital signs.

"You're heart beat is okay. I get that you can't talk and you might find it difficult for you to move for a while but relax, it'd go after medications and exercise" he told me. One of the nurses was scribbling something in a notepad while the other was re arranging the tray that fell earlier.

"So if you need anything, write it down here." He gave me a small jotter and pen which I eagerly collected.

I want water I wrote down in the jotter and gave it to him.

"Oh shoot how did I not think of this?" He scolded himself, "Joy please get me a glass of water and her medication. We're placing her on drugs immediately."

The nurse who I assume to be Joy nodded politely and smiled at me before leaving the room.

*

It's been three weeks since I woke up and thankfully, I'm now able to talk and walk. Having to depend on writing and waiting for a nurse to take me to pee sucks. Apparently, I've been in coma for two months and my parents are...dead. The baby from the night I woke is my baby brother, Genesis. He's such a cutie although he's just getting used to me.

Gabriel won't stop visiting and honestly, he's the only one keeping me sane in this hospital. Because, every one is just so over caring including my friends. Gabriel is the only cool one.

And, Daihaah now has a boyfriend. He visited me once and I must say, they are very very cute.

"Soooo." Tara dragged her chair to my bed. My shoulders slumped, already tired of her constantly asking if I was okay.

"I'm fine, Omotara."

"Who's asking you if you're fine or not? What's my own?" She sassed making me roll my eyes.

"Ouch," I replied sarcastically.

"Zephan and I...you know...had sex while you were still in coma" she said.

"Okay," I replied after a few seconds not knowing what to make of that fact.

"Okay? Just okay? Aren't you supposed to like insult me and tell me how disappointed our parents would have been if they were alive?!" She asked, looking at me incredulously.

I froze, then forced myself to calm down, "I honestly don't care, Tara. It's your life. Do whatever you want with it."

"Oh..ok," she replied, looking at her palms awkwardly. I could tell she was hurt by my choice of words. I immediately felt remorse.

"I'm just saying..." What am I just saying? "You shouldn't feel bad you guys had sex. I mean I'm not going to judge you, I'm sure it all happened in the heat of the moment?" I said and squeezed her palms reassuringly. "Everything will fall into place."

"Thank you." She ginned and engulfed me into a bear hug.

And you guys were just so sure that Dazzline is gonna wake up in this chapter😹 well you guys were right😹😹

I'm not like, what if she doesn't wake up? Like what if I kill her just to break you guys heart? But then that'd mean having to re-review the book again😹😹😹 and also, baby Gabriel will get heart broken 😩😩😩😩 and baby Genesis won't grow up to experience Dazzline's craziness 😹😹😹😹😹

So just seven more chapters to go💛💛💛💛💛💛

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count; 1086.