12

* Dazzline *

  I stared at nothing in particular as I let the chilly air dry my tears.

   Eighteen years. Eighteen good years and I finally met my parents.
And it turns out the girl who likes to get on my nerves is my twin sister. Damn it!!!.

  It sucks! It really does.

  I still can't......

My phone's alarm began to ring, snapping me out of my thoughts.

  20:00pm.

I rolled my eyes. It was time for me to change Fayth's dipers.

I wanted to get up but my legs won't bulge.

And I like it that way because I don't want to answer any of Nathan's questions.

  Don't bother yourself, Dazzline, Nathan can take care of Fayth. You don't have to do the work all the time.

   My phone buzzed.

Who the heck is it this time?!

I saw I had a WhatsApp message from an unknown number.

  Wait oh, who be dis sef?

Dazzline!!! When did you start speaking pidgen?!!

  Oh, right, got that from Zahra!.
  It read:

   +234xxxxxxxx34: hey yo! It's Gabriel. Just wanted to let you know I'm having a party at my house. Will appreciate it if you are there.

  Wait oh, how did dis one get my number sef?

  Me: thanks. I'll think about it.

Gabriel: OK. Be waiting for your reply.

  My phone buzzed again, it was another message, but this time, from Zahra.

  Zahra: babes, are you coming to Gabriel's party?

  Me: 🤷‍♀️.

Zahra: wetin be dat? Abeg, give me correct answer jare!!!

I laughed as I read the text.
Maybe I needed to go somewhere to clear my thoughts. Somewhere fun.

   Because if mom comes back now, I'll have to tell her and she'd be like
  "Dazzline, they are your parents and they will remain your parents for ever.

   Now, don't be stupid, this is the time for you to reunite with your family.

  Let's go back to their house. We need to talk to them".

  And the last thing I need is to see the faces of my so called parents.

  Zahra: Tara told us what hapened. She said you just found out that Nathan is not your real brother. That Mrs Farrell is not your biological mother.

  My eyes widened.

Me: really? Is that all she told you?!

  Zahra: yeah. And I think that you should come to the party and have some fun. Clear your head.

She's right.

Me: okay.

I opened Gabriel's DM and messaged him.

  Me: can you come pick me up? For the party?

   I wasn't expecting him to reply so quick but he did. Its almost like he has been waiting for me to text him.