30°

Sorry for the late update guys. I'm just too busy nowadays. Hope youre not angry at me sha?

Oya sorry naa.

Shout out to _SHIMMER_SHINE_ for her votes.

   Thanks to IRELAND572 for the amazing book cover.

  Song for this chappy: POV by Ariana Grande. It's not totally related but I just want you to listen to it while reading.

Enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment. And please, read A/N at the end of the chappy.

____________________________________________________________

* Dazzline *

  "Oh my gad! Gabriel!" I exclaimed as he dragged me into the storeroom.

  "Hey. I missed you"  He said, leaning on the wall next to me.

   "Why did you drag me in here?" I asked as I sat on the floor.

  "We needed to talk" he replied.

"And we couldn't talk in the house? We had to talk in the storeroom?" I snapped.

   "Chill! It's not like I forced you to come here" he rolled his eyes and I glared at him. "Okay okay, I forced you to come here".

   "What do you want to talk about?" I asked, wrapping my hands around myself. It was very cold in here.

  He removed his royal blue sweater and gave it to me. "Wear it".

"Why?" I asked. He stared at me like I just asked the stupidest question on earth.

  "Cause you're feeling cold" he replied and I collected the sweater.

"You still haven't said what you wanted to say" I pointed out.

  "Oh..right" he muttered. He sat next to me and stared at me.

   "What?" I asked in annoyance. He didn't drag me away from the party just to stare at me did he?

   He laughed nervously. "I guess it's high time I talk".

   "Okay oo. I'm all ears" I replied.

  "I wasn't lying when I told you I repeated class but I didn't tell you the whole truth too." He began and I remembered the day I asked why he was still in high school at 19.

     "The truth is.." He exhaled and sighed. "My mom died when I was nine."

  I gasped. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry.... You mean the nice woman I met at your house that day isn't really your mom?"

  "Nice?" He snorted. "Yeah right!" I didn't miss the anger that flashed in his eyes.

    When I didn't say anything, he continued. "She was pregnant with Fay when dad married her. His secretary. Apparently, they had been dating since before mom died. Dad was cheating on mom.

   Anyway, after he married her, he began to go on frequent business trips leaving me with her. When I finished junior school, she began to maltreat me and she beat me a lot. She didn't let me go to school for four years. Dad knew about it but he didn't say anything. When my mother's family found out, they made dad and his wife go to jail for six months. Then I had to repeat JSS1. I was fourteen already. Fay was five then. It was just me and her. I love her alot." He smiled and I smiled too.

  How can a mother be so cruel?

"I've never told anyone this. Just you. It's because I really....I really...." Seems he has a hard time getting the words out of Hus mouth. "Shit. I really....."