4̲̅4̲̅

😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧

  Shey y'all won't ask why I'm crying ni? 😢😢😢😢🤧🤧🤧🤧

Me I wee sha tell you bee bee.

Lemme cry small first 😢😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧

Okay...we're..we're at 1K reads. Over 1k sef!!

Wait...y'all thought it was something serious? Haha!😂

I'm just excited that's all.

Join me in celebrating this.

Anoda announcement.!!!!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! 🤧🤧

Officially fourteen 14 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

You're welcome to join me in celebrating this. I'll be very excited.

Oya, enough of my rants.

    * Omotara *

   "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!" Dazzline and I screamed the moment we entered mom and dad's room.

   They stired awake and smiled at us. "Happy new year" they replied as Dazzline and I left for grandma's room.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" We screamed and she hissed.

  "That's why you're now shouting abi?" It was obvious that grandma was angry. "You can't even greet. All you know is to disturb somebody's perfect sleep!!!!! onibaje oshi!" She hissed again.

   "Sorry grandma" Dazzline and I said even though we aren't sorry deep down.

   "Hmm. Oya, Tara, go and cook this list of food with your sister" she said as she took a paper from the bedside table.

  "But grandma, it's just 00:10 am!" I exclaimed.

  "Yes and so? Oya, go and cook it!" She snapped. "You should be done before one thirty. Shetigbo?"  She gave me the paper.

  "Athigho mah" that was honestly what Dazzline's words sounded like in my ears. I giggled at her bad pronunciation of yoruba. She clearly wanted to say Atigbo ma which meant we've heard ma.

   Dazzline and I sat on the kitchen island as we read what was in the paper.

  J̠o̠l̠l̠o̠f̠ r̠i̠c̠e̠
F̠r̠i̠e̠d̠ r̠i̠c̠e̠
S̠p̠a̠g̠h̠e̠t̠t̠i̠
N̠o̠o̠d̠l̠e̠s̠
S̠a̠l̠a̠d̠
P̠o̠u̠n̠d̠e̠d̠ y̠a̠m̠

My eyes widened. Pounded yam ke? Is not even poundo yam oo, pounded yam! She expects us to pound yam! When is not that we're doing party.

E̠g̠u̠s̠i̠ & e̠f̠o̠ e̠l̠e̠g̠u̠s̠i̠
G̠b̠e̠g̠i̠r̠i̠
I̠l̠a̠ a̠l̠a̠s̠e̠p̠o̠
S̠t̠r̠a̠w̠b̠e̠r̠r̠y̠ s̠m̠o̠o̠t̠h̠i̠e̠s̠.
C̠o̠o̠k̠i̠e̠s̠
C̠u̠p̠ c̠a̠k̠e̠s̠
S̠m̠a̠l̠l̠ c̠h̠o̠p̠s̠
F̠r̠i̠e̠d̠ c̠h̠i̠c̠k̠e̠n̠
F̠r̠i̠e̠d̠ f̠i̠s̠h̠ (m̠a̠k̠e̠ i̠t̠ e̠j̠a̠ e̠g̠u̠n̠)
F̠r̠u̠i̠t̠ j̠u̠i̠c̠e̠.
A̠p̠p̠l̠e̠ s̠m̠o̠o̠t̠h̠i̠e̠s̠.

T̠h̠a̠t̠'s̠ a̠l̠l̠ f̠o̠r̠ n̠o̠w̠.

Eeh eeh! This woman should kuku come and kill me. Seventeen thing just for new year?!

See her mouth like Small chops and cookies. They tell her that me I be like caterer abi? Oshi! Radarada!

"Does she expect us to make Small chops?" Dazzline asked. "And cookies?"

"Lai Lai! Emi ko! We'll order for the small chops and cookies before she wakes up." I replied.

"Gosh! Twenty-five minutes past twelve! Shey this woman does not want us to sleep ni? Abi what's her own sef?" I complained.

"How are we gonna do the local dishes cause I can't do it and you can't cook" Dazzline asked.

"I'll use mom's recipe book" I opened the cabinet and took out the recipe book which contained ways on how to make different nigerian dishes.

"Lemme bring out the small gas so it would be faster." I said with two electric cooker and one gas cooker, we should be done by one thirty.

* An eternity later *

Dazzline and I lay on the floor as we finished with the smoothies. All that remained was the pounded yam. Good thing we've boiled the yam if not, I don't think we'd even be done by two o'clock.

"C'mon Tara, let's do this quick" Dazzline said as she dragged me up. With a sigh, I dragged the mortal and pestle from where it was.

* Another eternity later *

"One minute to one thirty!" I said as Dazzline and I sat on the floor again, but this time, both of us, holding a plate of pounded yam and egusi, topped with fried chicken, fried fish and strawberry smoothie.

Dazzline and I took turns in pounding the yam and since we we're hungry, we've decided to eat out of the pounded yam and the egusi.

What? All work and no food makes the Adebayo twins weak.

Okay, I know that's stupid but it's true duh!

"One thirty two" Dazzline said. "Let's go eat in the room" she suggested and I nodded.

"You never told me the outcome of your meeting with Zephan" I said as we walked to my room.

"I'm not supposed to tell you" she replied with a grin.

"C'mon Dazzline! Please naw!" I pleaded.

"Okay" she said as she sat on my bed and took her phone. "Listen to this"

A record was playing.  "If one day, she changes into a good girl...she stops being wicked and more hard working and nice...more loyal...maybe.." I held my breath. That voice belonged to Zephan. "Just maybe I'll take back"

And it stopped. I released a slow, shaky breath.

Does this mean...that..Zephan still loves me? That he's ready to take me back?

I hugged Dazzline. "Thank you!" I whispered. She doesn't know just how much she's helped me by recording this. I'm very happy to know that Zephan still loves me.

"You don't have to thank me. What are sisters for?" She hugged me back. "Now, let's eat. You look miserable by the way. I want you to look hotter so when Zephan sees you, he'll regret leaving you!"

We laughed. That's how we ended up laughing and eating, forgetting that the school is resuming in three days.

Ahem ahem!!

How are y'all?

I'm fine thank you.

As shitty as this chapter may seem, please, endeavour to vote and comment.

Use it as my birthday gift. And if you wanna give me a birthday present, I'll gladly collect it 😉😉

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Word Count; 1001