6͙7͙

Omotara

"Tara are you sure you don't want to stay home?" Mommy asked and I shook my head, holding my phone in one hand, and my handkerchief and drug in the other. My epistaxis returned so I take drugs everywhere now.

Today was Sunday and I agreed to follow mommy, Nathan and Roman to church. It's been two weeks since the incident. I made sure mom and Dad's burial wasn't an elaborate one. It was just me, mommy and her family, aunty Alora and her family and Uncle Ola and his family. I spent the whole day crying.

  "Tara you don't have to go if you don't want to," Roman said, holding my baby brother in his hands.

"I want to go," I insisted and walked out of the house, taking Fayth with me before any one could say anything.

*
Stepping into the church, I felt self conscious. I haven't stepped my feet in church for two years now so it felt wierd. I wouldn't have come here if Dazzline wasn't laying in that hospital, looking lifeless.

Omotara you're an hypocrite!

I shook my head, as if the thought would run away. Sitting in a deserted comer in church, I took out my Bible, feeling relaxed and peaceful as I read the scriptures.

*

I yawned, stretching as I walked out of the church, bumping into Elizabeth and other girls from class A. Elizabeth and the other girls stared at me a while before the all burst into laughter. I quickly touched my nose, wondering if my epistaxis  was acting up again. Seeing that there was no blood there, I concluded this girls were crazy. I turned and began walking away when Elizabeth's voice stopped me.

"God! You look a mess Omotara! Just look at your hair! The Tara will rather spend her Sunday at a salon with Zephan rather than go to church. Did your parents force you? Oops! I forgot, they're gone" Elizabeth said, a mischievous smirk on her face. Her smirk vanished when she saw me roll my eyes.

"Was you expecting your words to sting? Well, I was expecting the same thing too but it didn't. I guess I'm just used to your stupidity. But, I'll do the honor of replying every single sentence you said," I answered, taking a step forward, "you said I look a mess? I know. And I actually don't mind. I mean, my parents just passed away and I'm still grieving so I have every damn right to look a mess. You said I'm supposed to be at a salon with Zephan? Well sorry, I went there with him yesterday, and this is a new hairdo, but I don't expect  all of you to notice that easily, since you're all blind. What else did you say? Oh yes! You asked if my parents forced me. Well they didn't, I came here because I had this feeling I'm gonna insult some people today. And it happened!."

"What were you expecting me to cry?" I added, "Just because my parents are dead does not mean I'll turn myself into a weakling. If anything, their death only made me stronger, to defeat my enemies, people like you. And you better don't try this with me at school" I warned.

"Why? You're scared?" Another one asked and I smirked, "No, because, I am the head girl of Hamdyn High, and I get to punish even my classmates when they upset me. I guess I answered your question? Well, I'd take me leave now. Nice having this conversation with you girls."

With that, I walked away, but I didn't miss the "I wonder why Fara wants to get back with her."

Fara wants to get back with me?

*

"Tara could you please help me in the kitchen? We're having guests and I want this to be quick" Mommy asked with puppy eyes and I chuckled.

"Which guests? Who's coming over?" I asked curiously.

"Roman's Family" she answered as we walked into the kitchen.

"Why?."

She looked at me with a puzzled expression before answering, "Today's Fayth's birthday. You must have forgotten."

"Shit! I'm sorry I forgot, but there's no cake!"

"Yeah no cake."

"What? You kidding me right now? It's her first birthday and you're saying there's no cake! I'll order it by myself!"

I grabbed my phone and ordered three cakes with different flavours from Diana cakes and snacks.

*

The pap was ready and the moin moin was almost done. I have to admit, Mommy was already an expert at Nigerian delicacies.

"Tara, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier but the on your parents..um...burial, I went to my lawyer and I told her I wanted to take custody of you and Genesis. She just texted me now saying the papers are ready and it's just for you to..you know..sign for you and Genesis."

I stared at her. And kept on staring. Was I angry? No. Was I concerned? Yes. I mean, her wedding is near and she's telling me she wants to adopt Genesis and I! What if Roman doesn't want it? What if his family disagrees?

  "Roman was the one who told me to do it" she said like she was reading my mind, "Besides, a sibling of Tamara is a child of mine."

"Okay what the hell are you saying? What if Roman's family disagrees? Who wants their son to marry a lady with five kids and one on the way?!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care if his family agrees or not. If they don't, then I'd call of the wedding. It's not by force to marry. I could be a single mother if I want to. I honestly don't care. As far as I get to take care of you and Genesis" sulhe answered.

"You can take only Genesis. I'm fine" I assured her.

"I'm worried about you, Tara, I don't know what that Funmi lady can do to you all because of your properties. I feel like if you and Genesis are under my care, them I can block all opportunities she could use to get to the properties until you allow the lawyer read the will" she said.

I felt tears rush to my eyes as I hugged her, "thank you Mommy. You can tell her to bring the papers today. I'm ready to sign them."

Err...vote?

Dedicated to all my readers, I love y'all.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Take care.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count; 1099.