6͙1͙

Zephan

  I made my self comfortable on my bed. Omotara did the same, but she sat far away from me. And she had been avoiding my gaze ever since she saw my cousin, Meadow.

  I noticed how heartbroken she was and how uneasy she felt. It was obvious, she thought Meadow was my girlfriend.

Tara continued flipping the pages of her Chemistry textbook, still not looking up to meet my eyes. Feeling the need to clear the air, I finally broke the silence, "she's not my girlfriend", I said trying to sound nonchalant.

"Huh?", Tara asked with a clueless tone, finally looking up to meet my eyes.

"Meadow...she's not my girlfriend. She's my cousin," I repeated, taking the chemistry textbook from her and opened to a topic.

"Oh", she said emotionlessly as she turned her attention to something else. Against my will, my eyes followed her gaze to what she was looking.

I froze. I couldn't blink. My hand was hanging mid air as I stared at the frame lying on my reading table. It was a picture Tara and I had taken last year before we broke up. It was taken in an amusement park. We were in the same outfit that day. Blue joggers and tees with matching Nike sneakers. We looked so much in love then.

  I didn't know that Tara had taken her book from me and packed her things until I heard my door open quietly. That was when I snapped out of my reverie.

  I didn't stop her though. I didn't want to be close to her. I did not want to be anywhere near her. I didn't want anything to do with her. The worst part was I still loved Tara no matter how much I tried to hate her. And it hurts.

  "Fuck me on grandma's grave! I'd be cursed if I actually talk to that Tara girl", I heard Meadow say disdainfully from downstairs.

"Hey hey hey! Watch it!", I heard that familiar voice, and no, it wasn't Tara's, "One word from any of you and I'll beat you to a pulp!".

It was Dazzline and I groaned, wondering what she was doing here.

"Zephan Daran!", She yelled, stomping her foot on my staircase and I lay on my bed, covering my ears with my pillow in frustration.

"Zephan Daran!", She snapped as my door flung open, "you better get your ass off that bed!."

"Excuse me, you're in our house you can't order him around", I heard Meadow say rudely and I shook my head, pitying her. Obviously, she doesn't know how crazy Dazzline is.

"Yes? From where? Ibo lo ti wa?" Someone asked and I finally looked up to see the whole gang.

And by the whole gang, I mean, Dazzline, Gabriel, Zahra, Elliot and Stella! Stella was here and she wasn't even making an effort to hide her baby bump.

  If anything, she was flaunting it, by wearing pleated cropped top, joggers and a stilettos, making me wonder if she was coming from a party or something. Didn't she come to school today? Wasn't she the reason why Daihaah flared up?

Obviously, it was Stella that asked the question, since she was the only one who could speak Yoruba fluently among them.

"Before she do mouth like maggot own!", That was Zahra, eyeing my cousin like she was a dump site.

  "Your Idiocy has a very high ranking! You saw us here, talking to our friend and you had the right to put your mouth?", Gabriel asked with a look of disgust.

Okay, it was getting out of hand and I needed to stop them but damn! I was enjoying this. I've told Meadow to ways keep her mouth shut but no! She wouldn't listen. Serves her right.

"Take your eyes of him, he's taken", Tara, who was quiet this time, finally said to Meadow, who finally tore her gaze from Gabriel.

"Excuse me? So you can talk?", Andrea, my sister, said, coming out of nowhere. "After all you did, you can still talk?!".

"Abeg commot body joor! Who dey follow you talk? Forget say I be your brother ex I go beat you oo!"  Tara shot back angrily, shocking everyone.

Now, I laughed out loud. This was definitely the Tara I fell in love with. The Omotara that doesn't give a fuck about anyone. The Tara that doesn't take shit from anyone.

  "Look, Zephan, I only came here to warn you, next time my sister comes here for her lessons and these idiots insult her, you'll regret the day we met", Dazzline warned. If I didn't know how crazy this girl was, I'd have thought she was bluffing.

"Don't even warn him, Dazzline! I can defend myself! I'm tired of everyone bullying me just because I broke up with Zephan! I'm still an human being, abeg", Tara snapped and turned to Andrea, "You! Don't forget I beat the shit outta you two years ago, I can still do that now! Try me!". With that, she carried her bag and stormed downstairs.

  I suddenly felt the urge to run after her. So I did that.

"Tara! Omotara please wait!", I called as I got downstairs. She dropped her hand from the door handle and turned to me, looking down at her shoes.

"What?", She asked emotionlessly.

"I'm sorry. For what my sister and Meadow said", I apologized and she nodded, "Friends?", I asked, stretching my hand out for a shake.

She gave me a wierd look before smiling and taking my hands, "Friends", she replied.

Okayyyyyy😂 Meadow😂😂 Andrea😂😂😂.

Stella😁 I love the fact that she's already confident enough to flaunt her bump😁😁.

Tara😌 I absolutely love that she decided that she won't let herself get bullied anymore. I like that she's standing up for herself 😌😌.

Dazzline and Gabriel😹 Zahra and Elliot 😹😹 even though Elliot did not say anything since🙄🙄🙄 Zephan 😹😹😹🙄.

So someone commented that Tara is giving the whole Giwa Falade vibes.

Y'all know Giwa naaaw. Giwa in Those Little Things.

Anyways, it saddened me. I don't like seeing my characters being compared to anyone. I want my characters to stand on their own. I don't want them to be like someone else's character 😒.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
I love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeee!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count; 1086.