7͎7͎

Third Person's POV

Today was the final day of Hamdyn High school exams. The SS3 set had nothing to do at school, but still, most of them came. Mainly because the following week was their graduation and they wanted to discuss with their friends on the matching dresses they would wear.

"We should wear burnt orange dresses" one girl said to her friend as they walked past Dazzline. She cringed, staring at the girl in irritation.

Burnt Orange? Was that even a color?

Earlier she heard a girl saying cockroach brown was her favourite color. Now these ones wanted to wear burnt orange.

"Kukuma wear cement gray. Radarada" Tara said, not bothering to hide the disgust in her tone.

"Where are the rest? We a said we'll check our Gmail together today!" Salina whined, "it's itching me to open this mail oo. I want to know if Waylon accepted me."

Tara looked around and saw Zephan gesturing them to come. He was standing with the rest of their friends. Her eyes lit up, "let's go."

They got to the garden and formed a circle with their friends. "Hope all of you have data," Stella said, bringing out a bag of chips. She stared at her friends waiting for an answer. She rubbed her swollen tummy in the process. She was due in two months.

"Yes" all of them said. She nodded. They all took deep breaths and opened Gmail. Tara scowled as thousands of notifications flooded her phone. She and her siblings names won't stop showing up on the internet because they had become billionaires.

The first headline she saw riled her up Ten things you don't know about young billionaires, Tara and Dazzline Adebayo Farrell.

Ten things they don't know about who? They don't even know two things not to talk of ten. This was one of the few days she hated Gist Naija blog.

Overnight, she and Dazzline's Instagram had left 500k and 490k to 1.5m and 1.1m respectively.

Tara sighed and freezed the Gist Naija app then finally looked at her mails.

"I GOT IN! I GOT INTO WAYLON CANADA!!" Salina squealed as she jumped up to her feet. Dancing around. They had all taken Waylon exams two weeks ago. Salina had chosen Canada. Daihaah had chosen Lagos while the rest of them had chosen Dubai, except Stella, who decided she wanted to focus on her kids and husband. She told them if she wanted to go to a university, then that would be when her unborn baby marks two years, and it would be an online university.

For Salina, the exams were very hard. She didn't even think she could get in. She didn't know most of the answers so she just guessed. From the thousands of people that applied into Waylon every year, only two hundred would be chosen. Salina didn't think she would be so lucky to be part of the two hundred that would be chosen. Her name was even the tenth on the list so her happiness was very justified.

"Congrats babe." They hugged her and shared in her happiness. Daihaah went back to seat after hugging her friend. She was reluctant to open the mail from Waylon University. She wouldn't get in anyway. She didn't use her drugs that day so she wasn't in the right state of mind. She barely remembered the answers to the questions, as simple as they were.

Her heart dropped, her father would be disappointed I'm her if she didn't get in. It was Waylon University after all. The most prestigious all over the world. So prestigious they had branches all over the world.

Dazzline noticed her best friend's distress and sat next to her, squeezing her hands lightly. "How about I help you check it?" She offered.

Daihaah sighed and gave her phone to Dazzline who took it carefully and opened the mail. The girl frowned as she kept s scrolling on the phone. Her hands stopped as her eyes widened at the phone.

"What happened?" Daihaah asked worriedly.

"See for yourself," Dazzline replied happily, stretching the phone to Daihaah. Daihaah took the phone gingerly. As if it would bite her.

Her face broke into a grin as she stared at the phone. Her name was 40th on the list! She did it! She got into Waylon Lagos.

She jumped up excitedly! "I got in! I got in!" Everyone hugged her excitedly.

"Okay I think we're wasting too much time on this. How about we all open it at the count of three?" Fara suggested. The rest of them agreed.

"Okay. One, two, three."

They all stared at their phone intensely, until one by one, their faces broke into smiles.

"I got in" they all whispered in unison. There was silence as they all stared at each other happily.

"We are going to Dubai!! It's over for y'all!" Dazzline screamed at no one in particular. Her friends laughed at her craziness while Gabriel touched her nose fondly.

The all laughed, clutching their stomachs. After the laughter died down, Zahra said, "It's funny how I thought I wouldn't get in. I mean, I knew ninety out of hundred, and I cross-checked when I was done to be sure I didn't miss any things. Yet, I was so sure I wouldn't get into Waylon."

"I'm pretty sure all of us had that thought. I barely knew my answers, yet, I came out tenth on the list!" Salina added. They all sighed, taking in the silence.

"I heard Variety night and prom was cancelled," Zahra said, breaking the silence.

"I know right? Such a kill Joy" Fara muttered at sighed, "everywhere is just dry."

"You guys, let's play never have I ever. I brought cards and champagne. There's a lot of chips in this bag. You know the rules. If you've done it, you drink champagne. If you haven't, you get a packet of chips," Stella said.

"I'm in."

Stella shared plastic cups to all of them, put two bottles of champagne in their middle and poured the contents of the poly beg, revealing lot of chips. She put the cards in the midst.

"So I'm pregnant, and I can't play. But I get to take chips any time I want," she said with a wide grin.

"Cheat, you get to drink a glass of water if you've done it" Elliot argued. She rolled her eyes, "Fine." She picked up the first card.

"Never have I bunked school."

They all filled their cups with champagne while Stella filled hers with water.

"So all of us have bunked school? Even aunty Dazzline?" Zahra asked and shook her head, "what rebels we are."

"Never have I had sex."

Zephan, Tara and Stella filled their cups while the rest took packets of chips. "What bad children you guys are," Faramade teased.

Tara rolled her eyes and mumbled, "Holy holy."

"Never have I had a boyfriend."

All of them gulped down the content of their cups. They eyed Faramade incredulously, "Yes yes Madam. Why did you drink it?" Stella asked, eyeing Fara suspiciously.

The latter laughed awkwardly and scratched her head. "I have a boyfriend."

"Enipe? You have a what?" Stella exclaimed.

"Why are you doing like this. She's old enough," Gabriel told Stella.

"This sixteen year old girl is old enough to have boyfriends? You want to have teenage pregnancy like me? Eh, your brother must hear about this!" Stella got up and grabbed her phone. She dialed her husband's number and began to walk away.

"No naa! Stella don't be a snitch!" Fara jumped to her feet and began running after Stella.

Three more chapters to go😊

How are y'all? Happy Sunday 💛

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count: 1312.