7͎1͎

Omotara

  "C'mon Tara, it's time for the prefect election," Zephan informed me.

"What prefect election?" I asked, feeling confused as I realised my head from my phone.

"Oh I forgot you skipped school again last week."

I rolled my eyes, deciding not to ask anymore questions, "lets go."

*
We enter the hall and I'm surprised to see everyone is already settled. It was like as if they were waiting for me. I see Gabriel sitting there and I take my best next to him. He looks at me them smiles weakly before looking away. It's been a long time since I last saw him, although, he visits Dazzline a lot.

All the outgoing perfect are given a paper. Azra and one other girl is running for Head girl. One Godwin is running for Head boy. I shrug and tick Azra for head girl, peeping into Gabriel's paper to see who he ticked for head boy and ticking the same person.

After thirty minutes of voting, and a private discussion between the HOD's and school administration, Azra was elected the new head girl and the Godwin guy was elected the head boy.

Deciding I've spent enough time at school, Gabriel and I left for the hospital.

*

"Hi, Roman," I greeted smilingly as I entered my sister's ward. He removed his stethoscope and smiled back at me, "Omotara, Gabriel, Good afternoon."

"How's she?" I asked.

"I have good news," He replied. Gabriel's face brightened up and I smiled.

"What's it?."

"I've seen improvement in her brain. It's picking up signals. She's likely to wake up soon. But I can't say when," he replied making me grin.

"That's a good thing. Does mommy know about this? Can I see her now?"

"Yeah," Roman replies and goes out of the room.

"Damn, Dazzline, I miss you," Gabriel says, kissing my sister's forehead. I smiled, almost awwing at their cuteness. Silently, I hoped Dazzline will wake up soon.

*

"Hi, mom, Hi Dad," I began, sitting on the floor next to their grave. Even though the sun was shining hard, I felt oddly cold. 

I let out a shaky breath, rubbing my palms together and then clutching my school cardigan, "it's been a while," I added, then chuckled.

"I don't know what to say....life's so hard without you...mom, dad, I wish you had just stayed. I feel like...so lost. I don't even know where I'm heading

Dazzline's still in coma. Roman says she's improving so that's a good thing...I guess. Roman and Amelia have finally done their introduction. It was a trad. It was so fun, but Mommy won't get married until Dazzline wakes up.

And oh, Genesis is so grown! He doesn't cry as much as he used to when he was born. He's cute. Is it weird he looks like the both of you at the same time."

I sighed, feeling already exhausted from everything. My life in general sucked. Even though my parents were sometimes overbearing, I still really loved them. I can't do without them. They are my lifeline.

"Omotara." I heard that one voice that could make me feel at peace even if I was drowning at the bottom of nowhere.

"Zephan," I acknowledged, "hey...what are you doing here?."

"Stella told me you were here. I decided to come pick you up," he replied, sitting next to me on the grass and intertwining his hands with mine.

"But I came here with my dri...."

"I sent him home. I'm leaving with you," he replied. I sighed with a smile, resting my head on his shoulder. He placed a kiss on my forehead making my smile turn into a grin.

I felt like everything was slowly falling into place.

Short chapter yes I know🙂💨
But I finally had the chance to complete it!!!
Was down with malaria so I lost interest in writing so if you feel this chapter is a bit somehow, I'm sorry I'm just getting back on track.

And Good news! I finally had time to review the remaining chapters and we just have nine more to go!

I feel so excited and I can't wait to write those nine chapters🙂🌝.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!.
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.
Word Count: 729.