6͙6͙

*Zephan*

"Take me home, Zephan." Her voice was cold, making me turn my head to be sure she was the one talking. Of course, she was the one talking, I mean, who else would it be? It was just me and her in the room.

  "Take me home, Zephan," Tara repeated, her voice sounding robotic. I sighed and looked around the room, my gaze lingering on Dazzline's lifeless body. I got up, taking Tara's cold hands in mine.

She removed it carefully and walked ahead of me. She was walking so fast that I thought she was running away from something. I sighed again, feeling pity for her. Loosing one's parents in one day and a sister to coma wasn't easy.

By the time I walked to the parking lot of the hospital, she was already resting on my Toyota Highlander, wrapping her hands around her body. She looked very tired and uncomfortable.

  I unlocked the car with the keys and she wasted no time in hurrying into the car and slamming the doors. My heart clenched, seeing her in pain like this. I got in and revved the engine, driving out of the hospital premises.

"Do you want to go home or Dazzline's house? You can stay at my house too" I asked, wanting to be sure of where I'm taking her to.

"Home." That was her simple reply. I wondered how she was going to manage in the house, knowing that her parents were gone already, but if she wanted to stay there, I'll stay with her.

Tara surprised me tho, when her aunty, Alora asked when she'd like her parents to be buried and she said the next day. I didn't think she'd want this so fast.

I stepped on the break when we got to the traffic, checking the time in the process.

10:56 pm.

  I heaved a sigh and glanced at Tara who's head was resting against the window with a blank look. She looked dead, lifeless, just like Dazzline.

*
Omotara

  I felt suffocated as I entered my room, plopping down of the bed. Everything reminded me of my parents. I sighed, running my hands over my already messy hair. My ming was in chaos. Sometimes, I find it hard to believe my parents are gone, and sometimes, the reality just slaps me hard in the face.

I felt sick. Sick of everything. I knew my parents must have been happy when they found out they were having another child, I wasn't there so I wouldn't know. But I was there when they found out it was a boy, and I could literally see the excitement radiating from their body. They were so excited and impatient about his arrival. I clearly remembered the day dad said he wanted to name my baby brother Genesis.

I smiled sadly, heaving a sigh as tears brimmed my eyes. "Genesis," I whispered softly. He looked so cute, and I still remember the was his tiny hands wrapped around my right pinky. And when he stopped letting everyone carry him and wouldn't leave mommy's arms.

  And how aunty Funmi was  asking about my parents properties. I scowled, the smile vanishing away from my face. The fact that her brother just died and she doesn't even feel sad disgusted me. Aunty Funmi disgusted me. And I am making sure no one touches those properties until the lawyer reads the will. Dad told me earlier today that he was going to his lawyer for some property stuff. I guess it's all about his will.

  There was a small knock on my door and the door opened, revealing Zephan, "I'm going out to buy something. I'll be back in five," he I formed me and I nodded.

*

Tara go back home!

I ignored the voice yelling at me to go back home as I maintained my position, lying at the beach. I've spent about twenty minutes here and I had about thirty missed calls from Zephan. I scowled as I heard my phone ring again. But this time, it wasn't Zephan, it was Nathan, and I was certain he was calling to ask where I was.

Tiredly, I got up from the sand, dusting my body, then switched off my phone as soon as it stopped ringing.

*

Zephan

"Dear Customer.. the number you're trying to call is not answering...Please...."

I sighed, ending the call and sitting on the couch. I've been dialing her number for a while now and she wouldn't pick my calls. I donn't know where she went to and to say I'm worried is an understatement. I'm more than worried. I don't know what she can do to herself. I sincerely hope she hasn't hurt herself.

With a sigh, I dialed her number, "Dear Customer, the number you're trying to call is switched off. Please try again later."

My heart sank.

I began pacing around, wondering what to do as I glanced at their fancy wall clock, 00:00 am.

The front door opened and Tara walked in, looking messed up and sleepy.

"God Tara where were you?!" I screamed angrily, "you had me worried! What if something happened to you?!."

The girl I was talking to acted like she didn't hear me. She just walked past me and went to her room, slamming the door loudly.

It's been a while guys. Happy new month ✨ and happy birthday in advance to everyone whose birthday is this month.

Sorry for the late update, I was experiencing writers block and I was occupied with school work.

I know it's short but abeg, make una use this one hold body small.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Take care.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count: 968.