Shizuku x Reader

I opened the door to my room and fell onto it, staring at the ceiling. I'm in love with Shizuku Osaka who is a classmate of mine. She's incredible with how she is a school idol yet also a part of the theater club. The theater club is actually where I first met her. She's absolutely amazing. I want so much to tell her how I feel and I was gonna confess to her today, but I want the moment to be perfect. When something great happens, I'll tell her then. There's no need to rush.

I pull out a book and begin reading it again. After trying for so long, I finally got the theater club to perform a play on The Count of Monte Cristo, my favorite story of all time. I've read that book so many times and so since we were all deciding on roles, I tried so hard to get the role of The Count. I don't feel like normally I'd be able to get the lead role in anything, but with a character I have read the story of and pondered the meaning I may be able to act in the way that could earn me the role. We were told that we would find out our roles tomorrow so I just need to wait for me to find out my role tomorrow.

---------------------------------

As all of us in the theater club gathered up, the president pulled out a piece of paper and was about to tell us our roles. He pointed to people and told them their roles as well as telling them a brief description of that character. As I stood there, waiting for my name to be said, the president pointed to Shizuku and said "Shizuku, you'll be acting as Haydee." She's a slave that The Count buys due to her father being murdered by Fernand. He treats her with the utmost respect and she lives quietly at his estate. She loves the Count and at the end of the story they head off into the sunset to be married and live happily. This made me all the more hopeful that I get the role of The Count.

"Okay." said Shizuku.

Slowly, the president went through the names before pointing to me and said "Congrats Y/n. I could tell much enthusiasm and passion you had for this so you're going to be The Count. Prove to me that I made the right choice."

I had a huge smile on my face and said "I won't let you down."

We were then given our scripts and were told to go over them a bit. I read through my lines and mimed the actions to go alongside them.

Shizuku then approached me and said "Congratulations on getting the main role Y/n."

I replied "Thanks, I absolutely love this story so I'm gonna do the best I can."

I spoke to her a bit before club practice ended. I feel like that was a great moment and I could have confessed to her, but what if there's nothing about me she likes? I'm not particularly interesting, and I'm not exactly the most social... When I know for sure that she sees something like that in me, then I'll tell her how I feel. But I don't need to rush and find it.

------------------------

Today, Shizuku wasn't there but we went over things and talked about how we wanted to do things for the play. I offered to help the scenery department to come up with stuff and helped people get a better grasp of their roles. All of that, along with continuing my personal practices for my role has meant I haven't really had much rest today. I'll catch my breath for a minute, then I'll head home.

I sat there and watched people pass when someone came up to me and said "Hey Y/n. What happened at practice today."

I looked and saw that it was Shizuku. "Besides going over things we wanted to do for the play and starting preparations, nothing much." I answered

"I'm surprised that you aren't heading home yet." Shizuku commented.

"I've not really had much time for a break today so I'm catching my breath before I head home." I explained.