Emma x Reader

I looked out the window of my seat and saw below beautiful mountains and fields of green with trees spread around it. I enjoyed the gorgeous view as the plane soon came to a landing. When I exited the plane I took a breath and calmed my nerves. I'm finally here, I'm in Switzerland. After a year I'll finally be able to see her again. I headed off the plane and started to leave the airport and decided to head to a more residential area so I could ask around to see if anyone knew where Emma Verde lived.

--------------------------

Two Years Ago...

I walked to a place nearby that nobody was and sat down on the floor. I was hyperventilating and tears were in the corners of my eyes as my gut felt a gnawing hollowness that felt like my stomach was being consumed from within. I was having a panic attack. I had just gotten the news that the property that my home since childhood was built on was bought by some business because they plan to build a store there. I was losing a place that's so important to me and I have so many memories at. I've lived there since before I can walk and I'm losing it.

As I sat there freaking out I felt a tap on my shoulder and someone said "Hey, what's wrong?"

I didn't even bother to look up to find out who it was, I just wanted to not deal with the thoughts and worries filling my mind. "Go away. Just leave me alone." I said to whoever was talking to me. Hopefully they would pick up on the venom in my tone and would just go anywhere but here.

Since I hadn't heard any footsteps walking away I tried to get up and leave without letting them see how pathetic I looked but as I began to walk away they hugged me from behind "Shhhh, it'll all be okay. Just take a deep breath." They were holding me tightly and I couldn't break free so I just stood there and they began to sing some song in a language I've never heard before but the song was calming and almost seemed like a lullaby. As I sat there, I began to calm down a bit. In the end, when they noticed that I seemed to calm down, they let go of me and walked to face me. It was a girl with red hair and green eyes who looked like a foreigner. I guess she's an exchange student or something. "I'm glad you've calmed down a bit. I'm Emma Verde, what's your name?"

"Uh, Y/n L/n." I answered

"It's nice to meet you L/n. Now, would you like to talk about what was wrong?"

----------------------------

As I walked through the town I asked people if they knew anybody named Emma Verde or with the last name Verde and if they did if they would tell me where she lives. As I did so, I was thinking of the past and how me and Emma's relationship had grown in our time together. After our first meeting where she helped me deal with a panic attack and talked with me about what was wrong, me and her began to talk a bit and even became friends. As we spent time together, I fell in love with her and I eventually confessed to her and asked her to be my girlfriend. I love her and I'm finally here to see her again after so long. I hope that she'll be glad to see me.

At one point, I asked a kid if he knew anyone named Emma Verde and he looked at me before asking "How do you know my big sister?"

I didn't expect to meet one of Emma's siblings like this and I smiled and said "I went to highschool with her back in Japan. I came to visit her."

"Really?"

"I sure did. Could you please take me to her?"

----------------------------------

One Year Ago...

Today is the day that Emma heads back to Switzerland. Since I met Emma a year ago she's helped me grow and deal with my anxiety better. Whenever my anxiety was getting bad she would always be there to help me calm down. Right now she is saying her farewells to her friends from Nijigasaki's idol club. I let them be among themselves while they said goodbye because I wanted to say goodbye to her just the two of us so I'll just wait for them to finish.

They soon finished and Emma walked over to me and I said "You know, I've got to be the luckiest man alive to meet and fall in love with a girl as wonderful as you."

"Thanks Y/n. I'm going to miss you so much." Emma said

"I'm gonna miss you too. But I promise I'll visit you." I said

"You promise?"

"Of course I do. I'll do whatever it takes to see you again."

Emma then gave me a kiss and said "I love you y/n"

"I love you too. And that feeling will never change."

---------------------------------

Soon enough the kid had brought me in front of the house and opened the door. Soon enough Emma came to the door to see her brother as he just came home. I then looked at her and said "I'm here Emma. Just like I promised."

Emma ran towards me and we held each other close, being able to finally see each other again after so long. I pulled her into a kiss and she said "I'm so happy to see you again Y/n."

"I'm happy too. I've missed you so much."

We soon separated and Emma said "Please, come in."

I followed her into the house and we talked about what has happened to us in our time apart. We spoke for so long that soon her parents came home and Emma introduced me to them. They were so kind and offered to let me stay here with them until I headed back to Japan and I agreed.

----------------------------------

That night, we ate dinner and me and Emma headed outside to be alone and enjoy the stars in each other's company.

"It's so pretty," I said, looking up at the sky filled with more stars than I've ever seen before.

"Yeah, sometimes I like to just come out here and look at them." Emma responded.

I felt the time was finally right and I took a deep breath before saying "Emma, this past year has been so hard on me, I've missed you so much and I don't want to be apart from you." I then got on one knee and pulled a small box out of my pocket "Emma Verde, will you please marry me?"

"Of course I will." said Emma before we began to kiss. I don't know what I'll go through in the future, but I know that I'll always be able to get through it as long as Emma is by my side.

----------------------------------

It's been ten years since then and me and Emma are happily married. In the years since then I've become a lawyer and Emma is a teacher. And one thing that I know for certain is that Emma is an even better mother than she is a big sister.