Nico x Reader

As I head out to the place by the park where Nico and I were going to meet up for our date, I can't help but look forward to spending the afternoon with Nico. She's such a great girl, she's cute, funny, charming, and can be caring all in one amazing package. As the time for her to get there arrived, she wasn't there yet, and so I figured she was just late or something. Between taking care of her siblings and everything it checks out at the very least. As I was about to go get a drink from a vending machine, my phone starts to ring, and I find that it's Nico calling me.

I pick up the phone and say "Yeah Nico, what's up?"

"Hey, I'm really sorry about this, especially since I only had a minute to tell you now, but I need to cancel our date. As I was about to leave the house, Mom called me and said something came up at work. Instead, I need to pick up my siblings and keep an eye on them." Nico said

"Don't worry about it, I know how it is sometimes." I said "Maybe next weekend instead?"

"Actually I had plans with Hanayo on Sunday to see an idol show, and I'm gonna be busy on Saturday." Nico said "But I'll be free the week after that."

"Alright, then we'll figure something out for then" I said. It's a shame that because of the ways our schedules line up we don't get too many opportunities to be together besides school, but honestly that's not a huge deal as long as we are together

"Thanks Y/n, I'll see you at school tomorrow." Nico said before she hung up, the sound of her sisters arguing over something in the background.

After Nico hung up, for a second I was going to just head home before a thought came into my head that I definitely like more, and so I headed in the direction of Nico's place. It wasn't too long before I got there, and after I knocked on the door, it was a moment before it opened, with Nico on the other side still wearing the outfit I'm assuming she was going to wear for our date.

As she saw me, she seemed surprised and said "Y/n? Why are you here?"

I gave her a smile and said "If we're not able to go on a date today, I can at least come by to help you out with anything you need and spend some time with you."

Nico smiled a bit before she said "Y/n, you don't need to waste your day off from work and school having to babysit with me."

I shrugged and said "I mean if it's with you, it's fine with me. If you don't mind me sticking around that is."

"If you don't mind it, then it's fine with me." Nico said "How about you join us for dinner then?"

"Sounds great, I seriously love your cooking." I said

The afternoon passed by uneventfully for the most part, helping Nico where I could and talking to her whenever there wasn't anything going on. Watching Nico take care of her siblings is honestly pretty heartwarming, I don't often get to see Nico being a reliable big sister in person.

Once the evening came around, Nico got up from where she was watching her siblings and said "I'm going to go get dinner started."

"Want me to help? I've been helping with that at home, and at the very least my knife work is decent." I said

Nico smiled and said "Sure, that'd be great."

We headed into the kitchen, and as I started to follow Nico's orders and started helping to dice the vegetables, however, as we worked, Cocoa came up and asked Nico "Are you two going to get married?"

Considering how I was when I was her age, I don't even think Cocoa knows what that means besides people who love each other do it, and probably heard it from tv or something. Nico started to blush in response to Cocoa's words, seeming to not even know how to respond to that, and so I quickly jumped in and said "You don't worry about it, alright? Now you go join your sister in the living room."

As Cocoa did as I asked and headed back to the living room, I was a little dumbfounded by that suddenly happening, but after a second I couldn't hold it in anymore and laugh some. I mean I seriously wasn't expecting that, and the way Nico froze was absolutely hilarious.

After a minute Nico did join in, a blush still on her cheeks, and a smile on her face.

—--------------------------------------------

That evening, after finally getting the three kids to sleep, it was just the two of us, and after Nico let out a sigh of relief she said "Alright, they're all taken care of. Sorry that instead of going on a date today we just ended up taking care of my siblings."

I shrugged and gave her a soft smile as I said "Don't worry about it. All I wanted to do was spend the day with you, and as long as I still get to do that, I'll do whatever."

Nico, a blush on her cheek said "Geez, when you say things like that so casually, it's a wonder we didn't end up together sooner."

"I mean hey, you've said you were the one waiting for me to confess." I said, smiling at her

Nico smiled and puffed out her chest proudly as she said "Well yeah, I'm an idol, right? I was just waiting for you to admit I'd stolen your heart." She then leaned against me and said "Still, I'm so happy we're together now. I love you Y/n."

I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close as I said "I love you too Nico. And I know I always will."

---------------------------------------------------

A/n: This was requested by Rtj555, I hope you enjoy it