Ai x Reader

Ai's Perspective

As I left my room in the morning, I headed to the kitchen to have some breakfast. When I arrived there, I saw Grandma was already in there making breakfast.

"Good morning Grandma." I said

"Good morning Ai. Today the building next door is going to be pretty busy today." Grandma said

"Why?" I asked. The building next door has been vacant for the past few months since the previous residents left.

"A nice couple and their son are moving their family's store there. I met them when they came by to check out the building a couple of weeks ago. They seemed very polite." Grandma answered.

"I can't wait to meet them." I said. I wonder how old their son is, maybe we can be friends.

We had breakfast and I got ready to head to school for the day. As I opened the door as I was about to leave, I said to Grandma "See you when I get home."

---------------------------------

When I got to my classroom I talked to some of my friends in this class and then took my seat when homeroom was about to begin.

When class began, Ms. Akiyama came in and said "Class, there's a new student transferring in today. She then gestured towards the door and a boy came into the room and stood in front of the class. "Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Nah, I got this." the boy said. He raised his hand like he was about to wave and continued "I'm Y/n L/n. My family just moved and since where we moved to would make my commute to my previous school a real pain, we decided to transfer me here. I'm hoping that I can get along with you all."

Ms. Akiyama then said to him "There's an open seat by Imai, just sit there." Imai raised his hand and L/n went over to him and sat down.

After the introduction of L/n, the day proceeded as normal. I went to practice and then headed home. When I approached the store, I saw next door was moving men carrying things into the building next door. I walked past until a boy left the building, it was L/n.

I approached him and said "Hey L/n. So you're my new neighbor?"

L/n looked at me and after a moment he said "I'm sorry, I think I've seen you before but I don't know from where."

"I guess that makes sense. I'm Ai Miyashita, you transferred into the same class as me. I didn't expect you to be one of the people moving in next door." I said.

"So that's where I've seen you before. It's nice to meet you Miyashita." L/n said.

"How about I call you Y/n and you call me Ai?" I suggested

Y/n shrugged and said "Sure."

"So what kind of store does your family run?" I asked.

"My family runs a bakery. We bake cakes and stuff but it won't be open for a few days." Y/n answered.

"That sounds really good." I said. I'll have to bring over the rest of the idol club when they open up.

"I'm still learning, but I'm pretty good at decorating." Y/n said.

"I'll definitely have to come by sometime." I said

"I'll definitely have to try out your monjayaki some time." Y/n said.

Me and Y/n talked for a while after that before we headed our separate ways. As I headed to my room, I realized my heart was beating really fast when I thought about him.

Y/n's Perspective

After I finished my conversation with Ai, I returned to grabbing the boxes of stuff that goes to my room so I can go unpack it. However, I realized that my heart was beating really fast after my conversation with Ai.

----------------------------------

It's been a couple of months since then and I've become friends with Ai. I've always considered my life boring and nothing special, but when I met Ai I was brought into a way more fun, colorful world. I'm grateful to Ai and I'm so happy that I've become her friend. In the end I've started to develop feelings for her, but whenever I try to tell her how I feel, I start to worry that she might consider me nothing more besides a friend. When I think of that, I can't say my feelings for her aloud and I end up just giving up. I want to be with her and I definitely want to be with her, but does she want to be with me? I sat in class and stared out the window thinking about this problem.

"You okay Y/n?" asked Koji in a hushed tone. Koji is the closest friend I've made here at Nijigasaki and the person I've sat next to since I transferred.

"Yeah, just the usual thing." I said.

Since the teacher was starting to notice that we were talking, he quickly said "Don't worry, it'll all work out." He then returned to paying attention to class and I did too, at least I tried to make it look like I was. I continued thinking to myself and I decided that I'd give it another attempt today.

When school ended, I headed home and tried to hype myself up until it was about time for Ai to be returning from practice. I sat out front of the shop and waited for her. When I saw Ai approach, I waved at her to get her attention.

"What's up Y/n?" Ai asked.

"I need to tell you something Ai," I said

"I need to tell you something too," Ai said.

"Ai, I..." I tried to tell her how I feel, but my brain stopped me. I want to be more than friends with her, but if she doesn't return my feelings, I'm worried about messing up our friendship. No, I'm tired of doing this, I need to have faith that everything will work out and I know what I need to do. I began to continue "I love you."

But as I continued, I heard Ai say "Y/n, I think I'm in love with you."

Realizing that we finished saying the same thing at the same time, we both laughed and I said "I'm so glad you returned my feelings. I kept trying to confess to you but I always end up freezing when I thought that maybe you may only see me as a friend.

Ai giggled and said "I've thought of you as more than a friend for a while now, I just wasn't sure how to tell you."

I was a little bit surprised at Ai of all people having trouble expressing her feelings. I took her hands and I said with certainty "Ai, I'm in love with you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Ai gave me her beautiful smile and said "Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

With that, I pulled Ai close and gave her a hug. We held each other close, feeling the warmth of the other. We headed somewhere to spend some time together to celebrate, just me and my new girlfriend, Ai.

----------------------------------------------------

A/n: And with this, my Love Live oneshots are done for the time being. I'm going to be marking this book as completed, but I do plan to occasionally write more oneshots for it if I come up with one. I'll be writing a Yuu Takasaki oneshot sooner or later, but I want it to be one of the ideas I come up with and slowly develop before I release it. Once Love Live Superstar! come out and once it finishes I'll write oneshots for those five. But for now, I'm done, thank you all for reading.