Keke x Reader

A/n: Dialogue like this is in mandarin

I walked up the staircase until I reached a door I knocked on. After a moment, the door was opened and I saw somebody incredibly cute who I'm in love with: Keke Tang.

"I'm here." I said "So what's exactly the problem you were having?"

"Thank you for coming so quickly, the problem is a leak in the ceiling." Keke said.

In the building that Keke lives in, my mom owns the building and since I was little, whenever one of the tenants would have an issue, she would send my dad to try to fix it or decide if we need to send a professional to look at it. However, my dad left us a little over two years ago and so since then, I've used the stuff he taught me to try and take up that job. I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as my dad, but since I started to do this, I've started to get to know some of her tenants, but in the end the one tenant I get along best with is Keke. She only needed help once before, but in addition to talking while helping her when she needed it and spending time talking in the hall, I ended up feeling like she was somebody I could really get along with and on occasion I'll come by to just talk to her. I ended up telling her about my hobbies and she would tell me about her passions and her friends.

As I followed her to where the leak was, I tried to remember what was above the leak, only to realize that it was the bathroom of the apartment above hers and I groaned "I know what the issue is. Before you came here a couple of months ago, this same problem happened before and it's entirely caused by the tenants above you. I'll talk to them before I leave, but before that, what have you been up to?"

Keke started to smile and tell me about what her and Liella have been up to as of late. I love the way she's so energetic when she's talking about the things she likes. Spending time with her helps me feel like maybe I can do the things that I'm not sure about. She's somebody I hope I can spend plenty of time with in the future.

After we spoke for a while I got up and said "I should probably get going pretty soon. It's been fun talking to you Keke."

"Hey Y/n, you didn't mention if you were trying to bake anything new recently." Keke said. Baking is something I really like to do and I started to tell Keke about it after I baked her a cake for her birthday a while back which she liked. Since then, I typically tell her about my latest exploits and will bring her some when it's done if I think it's any good.

"I was planning to try something soon, I want to try and make macarons." I said

"Really? They always look so pretty, and I haven't had too many, but the ones I have tried were really good." Keke said, interested

"They're just gonna have a simple buttercream filling, but as soon as they are done, I'll bring some for you." I said, smiling.

"Thank you Y/n, I can't wait to try your homemade macarons together." Keke said, giving me more motivation to make them and hope they turn out right.

After that, I left her apartment and after lecturing the people above her about flooding their bathroom floor, I left.

----------------------------------------

One Week Later...

"Alright, I give up." I said to myself as I looked at my latest, terrible looking batch of macarons. Since I had that conversation with Keke, I've been trying to make macarons, wanting to see that adorable look on her face as she enjoys my sweets. However, every attempt ends up looking horribly, whether it be that they didn't rise, or that the exterior of the cookie is incredibly cracked. Every attempt always ends up a failure no matter how I try to adjust how I do things or try to come up with something new.

Frustrated and annoyed, I left the kitchen, planning to clean the mess up in a but, when I got a call from mom, who was out of the house, telling me that one of the tenants was having a problem and she asked me to check it out. I agreed and left the house, still not in the greatest of moods, but going out for a bit might help me relax some, plus if Keke is home then I can maybe talk to her some.

------------------------------------

As I stepped out of the apartment, I grumbled to myself "I'm not a freaking plumber y'know." Their problem was something that they could've handled themself if they had half a brain, but they thought so little of my time that they thought they could have me fix it. Is this the crap Dad dealt with so often? I walked down the stairs, heading towards the entrance as I didn't want Keke to see me in the mood I'm currently in. I'll come see her tomorrow if she's home then. As I reached the bottom of the steps, the front door opened and Keke stepped inside

"Hey Y/n." Keke said

"Hey Keke." I responded

"Y/n, is something wrong? You don't look very happy." Keke asked

I sighed and said "If you'd be willing to let me vent to you, that'd be great."

Keke smiled and said "Sure, let's head to my apartment first though."

I followed her to her apartment and after we stepped inside, I told her about my recent frustrations. After I finished, I took a deep breath and said "Thanks for listening to me, I'm sorry if I was a bother to you."

Keke smiled and said "It's fine. Ever since I met you, even when you're frustrated and you're done with it all, you always seem to keep on going. It's something I really love about you. I really do love you, Y/n."

I felt a warmth in my cheeks as I said "Hey Keke, I've been trying to learn mandarin..."

"You have? So then you understood what I just said there?" Keke said

"Yeah, I did. And the truth is that I feel the same way about you. Just being around you makes me feel a little bit more optimistic. I love you." I said

Keke smiled brightly and jumped into my arms. "That makes me so happy, I wanted to tell you, but since when I get worked up I end up talking in mandarin without thinking, I didn't mean to say it in mandarin."

"Uh Keke, I was able to get the gist of what you said there, but you gotta understand that speaking to someone fluent in it is a bit of a struggle." I said "But I'm happy too. And I hope that maybe I'll be able to make you even happier in the future."

Keke hugged me again then gave me a brief kiss on the lips. We then spent a while longer talking before I had to go, but now with a new boost of motivation to keep trying in all of my pursuits, caused by my feelings for my adorable new girlfriend.