Ren x Reader

As I continued along the way home, I stretched and looked out around me, causing me to see Ren was nearby. I wanted to speak to her, but ultimately I held my tongue and continued on my way home. After finally coming back to the neighborhood where I grew up to go to a nearby highschool, and wanting to spend time with Ren again, who I would play with on occasion when I was little. But after coming back, I didn't know what to say to her to try and reconnect to her. The kind of vibe she gives off seems similar to how I remember, and she's undoubtedly grown up to become gorgeous, but we both have clearly changed enough that I have no clue what to say to her anymore. It feels like there's been a gap that's placed itself between us, and I can't cross it. We've only spoken a couple of times since I came back, and they've all felt pretty stiff and awkward. I guess this just happens sometimes, that your bond with someone slowly fades away with time, and when you want to go back to how things were before, you find that it's too late to go back.

As I walked along the sidewalk, the occasional car drove past and the sound of a playground across the street was noticeable to me. I read on my phone as I walked, trying to give myself something interesting during an otherwise boring part of my day. As I was about to turn, I heard a voice coming my way call out "Look out!"

I looked at the direction at which the voice was coming from and saw a person on a bicycle heading my way. In a panic due to how sudden it was, I tripped as I backed away, my foot having put it's weight on the side of my foot in my rush to move. I felt a sharp pain in my ankle as I tried to get back up, only to fail to.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Ren said as she ran up to me, noticing my failed attempt to stand up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a moment." I said, trying to avoid making her worry about me. I tried to rest for a moment, despite Ren looking at me concerned and after that minute, I tried to get up, but as I tried to put weight on my foot, the pain returned.

"Come on, I think you may have sprained your ankle." Ren said "I'll help you walk home."

She then held out her hand and I took it, carefully getting back up while trying to avoid putting weight on my ankle.

Ren helped support me as we headed back to our neighborhood. I planned to hop the rest of the way back home once we got to her home, but as we got there, Ren said "Y/n, please come in. I can at least give you enough first aid so that you can walk at least a little."

I sighed at the fact that trying to hop away was really not working well. "Alright, I'm sorry to bother you though."

Ren smiled reassuringly at me and said "You aren't bothering me Y/n. Now come on."

Ren resumed supporting me so that I didn't have to put too much weight on my foot and guided me into her house. She guided me to a seating room and after I got down on the couch said "I'll get the first aid kit. Just wait a minute."

I nodded and as she left, I awkwardly sat there waiting for her. It's been so long since I've been in her house. I remember that there was one point where I felt completely at home here during the times I would visit her, but now that's sadly not the case. I feel like I'm intruding at least a bit, and it leaves me kind of anxious.

As I looked around, I noticed an absolutely gargantuan dog laying on it's stomach off to the side of the room.

"Dang, looks like you've grown a ton since I last saw you Chibi." I said, looking at the dog, whose tail wagged a little at it's name.

After a minute, Ren came back and started to help treat my ankle. As we sat there, we ended up filling the silence speaking about what we've been up to recently. Apparently Ren has recently joined some girls at her school in becoming a school idol.