Ayumu x Reader

Ayumu's Perspective

I knock on the door to Yuu's house. It's the weekend and as I thought that I would spend the day with my closest friend. When the door opened, I saw Yuu's mom.

"Hey Ayumu. If you're looking for Yuu, I'm sorry but she left the house a while back." Yuu's mom said.

"Okay, thank you." I responded.

I pulled out my phone and called Yuu since maybe I can find out where she is and we can meet up. After my phone rings for a minute, I hear a voice on the other end "Hey Ayumu."

"Hey Yuu. Your mom said that you left the house a bit back and I was wondering if we could meet up." I said.

Yuu then said "Sorry but I can't meet up right now but once I'm done in an hour or two, let's meet up."

"Okay, where should we meet up?." I asked. I can tell that she's not telling me something, but she probably has a reason so I won't ask.

"Let's meet up at the courtyard at the mall. I'll be able to meet up with you there pretty soon after I'm done." Yuu said

"Okay." I said.

I returned to my house and passed the time until I felt that I should head to the mall to meet up with Yuu.

--------------------------------

When I got to the mall, I didn't see Yuu when I got to the courtyard so I decided to go and walk around for a bit. I wandered around and as I passed the courtyard, I saw Yuu with Y/n, a boy that Yuu and I have been friends with and who I have feelings for. I haven't been able to talk to Y/n too much for a couple days now since he's been leaving class early and hasn't been responding to his texts much. I looked and saw that they were talking about something and smiling. Seeing my best friend and the boy I have feelings for talking together and not telling me that they were meeting me up causes this painful, empty feeling in my chest...

Y/n's Perspective

As me and Yuu sat in the food court, Yuu pulled out her phone and said "I should be going to meet up with Ayumu soon."

I nodded and said "Thanks again for your help Yuu."

She smiled and said "Good luck on your confession Y/n. I'm sure she'll reciprocate." She then began to get up and head to where she was going to meet up with Ayumu.

I've been friends with Yuu and Ayumu for a while now and I've been in love with Ayumu for a bit. I've finally decided to confess my feelings to Ayumu and today Yuu asked to meet up with me because she could tell that I had feelings for Ayumu and she wanted to give me some advice on how I should confess to Ayumu. Her words have given me the final push I needed. I got up and decided that I'd head home for the day to relax and that I'll confess to Ayumu on Monday.

---------------------------------------------

As class ended on Monday, I pulled out my phone and called Ayumu. On the other end I heard "Hey Y/n. What is it?"

"I was wondering if you would meet me in the courtyard after practice." I asked. I would have asked her this in person, but we're in different classes and her and Yuu head over to idol practice soon after class ends.

"Sure I can, but can I ask why?" Ayumu said.

"Sorry, but I'd rather tell you in person." I responded.

"Okay. Well I'll see you then." She replied.

We then ended our phone call and I decided that I might as well relax in the courtyard until she can meet up with me. I headed to the courtyard and sat under a tree and placed my bag under my head as a makeshift pillow. It's not exactly soft, but it let's me rest my head in a more comfortable way. I sat there enjoying the warmth of the sun that reached under the cool shade of the tree. As I sat under the tree, my thoughts turned to my worries, that when I tell Ayumu how I feel she won't reciprocate and it making our friendship awkward. To escape these thoughts, I pulled my phone and set an alarm for a little bit before practices end and I closed my eyes in an attempt to doze off for a bit. I could do something on my phone in an attempt to distract myself, but I decided in the end that there's nothing that sounds like it would keep my focus right now.

The next thing I knew, the alarm I had set was ringing and to wake myself up, I stood up and began to stretch my limbs. I then laid back down and checked my phone before relaxing and keeping an eye out for Ayumu.

Eventually I saw her coral hair coming this way along the path so began to get up. (A/n:Salmon is definitely closer to her hair color but I didn't like how it read to say she had salmon hair so I'm going for the slightly lighter coral) I got out one last yawn before Ayumu reached me.

"Hey Y/n, so what did you want to talk about?" Ayumu asked.

Steeling myself one final time, I took a deep breath before I said "Ayumu, I've been too scared to say this for a while now, but after one last push from Yuu I think I'm ready to tell you. Ayumu, I'm in love with you."

The few seconds of silence afterwards were deafening and I saw Ayumu lightly blush before saying "I love you too Y/n."

My heart filled with joy at her reciprocating my feelings, I pulled her into a hug and said "That makes me so happy."

"Congratulations, you two." a voice coming towards us said. Me and Ayumu turned to see who it was to see it was in fact Yuu. "You know Y/n, Ayumu has been coming to me to talk about her feelings for you for a while now."

Ayumu while blushing said "Yuu don't tell him that."

I smiled and said "It makes me happy to know that you've liked me for a while too. I just wish I had told you how I felt sooner. Now come on, I'll walk with you girls back home."

Yuu, Ayumu, and I all walked home together, with me and Ayumu holding hands as we walked, content and happy about our new relationship.

----------------------------------------------

A/n: And here's the oneshot that the initial brainstorming took the most time. I went through multiple plot ideas and up until I started writing I was planning for Y/n and Ayumu to already be dating and to play into her clingy side a bit more but I decided against it in the end. At one point, I was actually considering not having Yuu in the story, but Ayumu's friendship with Yuu is such an important part of her character that I changed my mind rather quickly.