Nico x Reader

I sighed and slouched as I waited for someone to come up to the register. I work part time at a small convenience store not too far from my school. This job is so boring but I have no other way to actually get some money besides work as my parents are particularly frugal. As I stood waiting for anybody to come in, my gaze ended up on the door. Eventually, I saw two girls in their school uniforms enter while they talked to each other. One was short and had black hair in twintails while the other girl had red hair and purple eyes. The girl with red hair seemed familiar but I didn't know from where. As they went to browse and grab some things, I tried to remember where I had seen the girl with red hair before. As they reached the register and I began to ring up what they bought, it dawned on me.

"Hey you look familiar" I said "Aren't you from that one group of school idols, Muse I think?"

The red haired girl looked at me and nodded then said "Yeah. We both are."

"Oh cool. A buddy of mine from school showed me one of you girl's music videos." I said before turning to the black haired girl I don't remember you though."

"You don't remember everybody's favorite idol?" She asked, seeming a bit annoyed.

"Nope. No clue who you are." I said.

The red haired girl then turned to her and said "He probably saw a video from before you joined us."

"Then he should check out one of our newer ones." The black haired girl said.

"I'll pass. I'm on the clock here." I said in a bored tone as I finished ringing them up and told them their total.

They paid and then left but the black haired seemed a little annoyed as she left. She's definitely cute but it's a little annoying that she seemed pretty arrogant. Although I did think that the one I saw was pretty good so maybe if I remember I'll try out a more recent one.

-------------------------------------

A couple of days later I stood at the register when I saw someone enter the building. It was the black haired girl from a couple of days ago.

"Hello. Umm?" I mindlessly said as she entered.

"It's Nico Yazawa. The other day you said you were passing on watching one of our music videos because you were on the clock right?" Yazawa asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I said." I answered

"Then how about when you're free you watch one?" She suggested

"You know, I actually thought about it but in the end I forgot." I answered

"Why not?" She asked

"Do you know how uneventful this job is? I've kind of just gotten used to brushing off pretty much immediately." I said

"Then in that case, I'll give you something memorable so you remember to check one out." Yazawa said. She then smiled and posed as she said "Nico-nico-nii!"

Without changing my expression, I just said "Okay."

Yazawa pouted and said "Come on! Give a little bit more of a reaction than that."

"Yeah sure. Look, I'll try to remember okay?" I said

"You better." She said before leaving.

"Yep, definitely cute." I mumbled to myself after she left.

-------------------------------------------

In the end, I did end up checking out some of Muse's more recent songs before she came by again and I ended up talking to her some. Since then, Nico would come by occasionally and I think we became friends. One thing that was for certain however, was that I ended up with feelings for her. She's definitely prideful and has some problems with being a bit arrogant, but she's also really cute and I can tell that she's kinder than she seems at first glance.

I decided that today is the day that I tell her how I feel so I sent her a text saying that I wanted to talk to her about something and I was wondering if she could meet me at the park not too far from where I work. She agreed and so as soon as my shift ended, I headed to the park and sat down on a bench.

I was a little bit nervous that I might mess up as I told her my feelings but I pushed those feelings aside and waited for her. When she finally arrived, I turned to her and said "Hey. Thanks for coming. Um.. How about you sit down first?"

"Okay." Nico said and sat down beside me "So what did you want to talk about?"

"The truth is that there's somebody I like. I've been making excuses and pushing back me telling her how I feel, but I'm done with that. I think I'm in love with you Nico." I said

Nico blushed then said "I'm sorry Y/n but I may be a school idol, but I'm still an idol. And idols aren't supposed to have lovers."

"I see." I said. I thought that was like a policy that idol companies had or something, but I feel like Nico still would hold up to that.

It was awkward after that, but me and Nico tried to hold a conversation after that. Who knows, maybe one day she'll be able to reciprocate and we could be lovers. But for now, as much as it hurts, that can't happen.

---------------------------------------

Eventually, March came to an end and I finally graduated from my High School. As I left my highschool for one, bittersweet, last time, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a text from Nico: Hey, can you meet up with me? Along with those words was an address.

I headed over to where the address said and I saw that I was outside of a karaoke place. I entered and saw that Nico was sitting in the lobby waiting for me.

"Hey Nico. What's up?" I asked.

Nico seemed a bit quiet for a second before she said "Come with me. I already got us a room."

She got up and I followed her and we soon reached the private room. I took a seat expecting Nico to sit down too, but she stood in front of me and had a blush on her face. She then said "Since I'm graduating tomorrow, Muse is disbanding. And while I still want to sing and be an idol, it wouldn't be the same if I wasn't doing it with everyone in Muse. But, if you still have feelings for me, I want you to know that I love you too."

I was happy and I smiled before I said "Of course I still love you Nico. You're the adorable idol that I'll always love."

Nico smiled back at me and leaned down to kiss the sitting me on the lips. She then said "If I'm the adorable idol that you'll always love, then how about today I sing just for you." 

She selected a song and as it started, turned to me and with a bright smile and a blush, she posed and said "Nico-nico-nii!"

-----------------------------------------------

A/n: This idea I had a while ago while replaying a game on my 3ds. I took inspiration from one of the endings to that game, one of the first arcs of The World God Only Knows, and as time passed, it developed into an idea that I'm genuinely happy with the outcome of. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed developing this idea.