Yō x Reader

"There you are Y/n! Come on!" I looked up and saw Yō, my close friend and hopefully my soon-to-be girlfriend.

I first met her at an inter-school swim meet between my school, her school, and one other. She was competing against girls from my school and the other. Among the girls she went up against, she had the fastest time and that made me want to get the fastest time among my group too. I ended up doing really well and before everyone left I tried to start a conversation with her. We spoke for a bit, and ever since then we've become friends and talk pretty often. Today, Yō invited me to hang out with her at the beach since I never really go swimming besides from swim practice. It's a hot summer day so plenty of people were all enjoying the beach.

As I walked from the exit to the changing room to Yō I got a look of her in her swimsuit. "You look really nice." I said to her.

"Thanks Y/n." Yo said with a light blush on her face. She then grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me towards the water "Now c'mon, let's go!"

I followed her and headed into the water. Like always, the water was really cold when I first entered it but I quickly acclimated. I smiled and enjoyed the feeling of the water when I felt water hit me on the face. Yō splashed me!

"You're gonna get it!" I said, splashing her back and chuckling to myself. Soon enough, we were having a full out war.

-----------------------------

As we enjoyed the day, we were taking a break on a blanket. "I'll go get us some drinks." Yō said.

"Sounds good." I responded.

She got up and left, leaving me to sunbathe and think to myself. I want to confess to her today but how should I? Maybe when we're tired and on the way home I tell her? It'd be the perfect atmosphere if the sun was starting to set as I did it, but there's no way that it'll be that late when we leave. Maybe I should go ahead and do it when I finish walking her home? Then she could think if she wanted to be my girlfriend overnight. But if she had to think it over then maybe she's not as into me as much as I'd want her to be.

I soon begin to realize that she seemed to be taking an awfully long time. I got up to see what's up when I saw some guy talking to her. I watched for a minute and noticed that she seemed to be uncomfortable. I walked up to them and from behind the man I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Why don't you leave my friend alone?" I said with a calm smile.

The man seemed annoyed at me and got in my face "What are you gonna do if I don't?"

I did my best to not react to him being in my face and continued to smile then said "Go. Now." He seemed upset still but ended up walking away.

I turned to Yo and said "You okay?"

"I'm okay. Thanks for coming." She responded.

"No problem. I only did what anyone would've done." I replied.

"But how you handled it was really cool." Yō said,

"Thanks. Now how about we head back?"

----------------------------------------

The day continued and we continued to enjoy ourselves when we began to get tired so we went and relaxed together. I then took a deep breath. Don't overthink it, don't even think about it. Just do it.

"Hey Yō? I'm in love with you." I said suddenly.

Yō began to blush and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you too Y/n."

"How about we go on a date next Saturday?"I asked.

"That sounds great. Now since we've never raced each other, how about before we leave we race? Whoever wins gets to decide what we do on our date." Yō said with a smile.

"Sure, First one to that buoy and back wins."

-----------------------------------

A/n: I'm sorry that I didn't release this yesterday, as I tried to write I had ideas but me trying to set up a story was going nowhere. Next oneshot will be about Hanayo and I've got quite a few good ideas for it so it'll probably turn out pretty good.