Umi x Reader

As I passed through the front doors of Otonokizaka, I headed to my shoe locker, and as I opened the locker, I saw that inside was a letter. I pulled it out and saw it was unlabeled, and without even needing to open it, I knew that it was from the same person as usual

I began to open the letter when I heard a voice nearby asking "Y/n, what do you have there?"

I turned my head and saw Honoka and Kotori. I smiled at them, since I get along with them really well and I am a big fan of Muse, and said "For a couple weeks now, I've been getting the occasional letter from the same unknown person, saying that they have feelings for me, but are too shy to say it aloud."

"Hey, can I see it?" Honoka asked

"Knock yourself out." I said as I handed it to Honoka.

Honoka looked at the paper, and her and Kotori's smiles started to grow. "I know whose handwriting this is." Honoka said

"You do? Who is it?" I asked

Honoka was about to answer before Kotori stopped her and said to her "If we told Y/n then we'd be going against the wishes of the person who wrote the letter" Kotori then looked at me and said "Sorry that we can't help you, but hopefully you'll be able to find out who it is for yourself soon."

"Right, thanks anyways." I said

The two of them then left, and I couldn't help but wonder who the mystery girl was. They seem to be pretty good with words, and I really do appreciate it, but I feel like once I do find out who it is, I'm going to have to reject them for the simple reason that I already have feelings for someone else. Still, I at least want to know who it is so that rather than just leave them constantly wondering, I can give them an answer. I've been on the other side of pining for someone, and I want to give them the answer I never got myself.

I tried to push down the bad memories that sprung into my mind due to that, not wanting to cringe at old middle school memories, and with a sigh, headed to class.

—-------------------------------------------

Umi's Perspective

After having placed my latest love letter in Y/n's shoe locker this morning, I tried to keep a bit of distance between us. I've been told by Honoka and Kotori how my poker face is poor, and since I'm not ready to tell Y/n how I feel in person yet, I don't want him to realize through my facial expressions.

As lunch began, I found myself being dragged to the empty clubroom by Kotori and Honoka.

"Wait, what's going on?" I asked

"We just need to talk to you about something in private." Kotori said

"What is it?"

"How come you didn't tell us you loved Y/n?" Honoka asked

As I realized what Honoka just asked, I felt myself blushing fiercely "Wait, how did you find out?"

"Y/n showed us the love letter he got this morning after he got it, and we recognized the handwriting." Honoka said

"You didn't tell him, did you?" I asked

"We didn't, don't worry." Kotori said "But can you at least tell us why you're too shy to say it to him aloud?"

"I guess I can." I said "I love him, but lately, whenever I want to say anything like that to him, my heart starts pounding in my chest, and I start to get embarrassed, and because of it, I try to change what I was saying into something else." As I say this, I can already feel my heart to increase to that familiar rhythm that always comes when I think of Y/n.