Rina x Reader

I leaned back in my chair and stretched out my fingers and yawned. "Alright, it's done." I turned and grabbed my phone and sent a text: I just finished an update. Could you bring it by? I'm a part of the Nijigasaki High school computer club and a while back at the request of Takasaki, I helped with the development of the Auto Emoticonverter Rina Board, or as everybody started calling it when it was finished, the Rina Board. While Miyashita was the one who originally helped Rina by creating the original Rina Board, Takasaki asked us to develop something so that Rina could convey her emotions on stage. We were happy to do it because it sounded like an interesting project and it's always fun to play around and see what we can create. It took us a bit and a ton of planning, but eventually we created it. It has an external display that Rina can easily change the expression and she can see clearly when she wears it due to a small camera. I was in charge of it's programming and since we are in the same class, I keep in contact with her so I can update the system, perform maintenance, and set up anything in particular she wants added to it. I've started going to her lives when I can and I feel like we've become friends since then and in the end, I've also developed feelings for her.

After facing my fears about the worse outcomes that could happen, I decided that the next time Rina comes by so I can update it, I'll tell her how I feel. Soon enough, I received a response: I'll bring it by after practice. I relaxed and removed the glasses I wear for eyestrain as I waited for Rina to arrive. I was expecting to finish the new update to take longer so I didn't really have any plans for afterwards.

After a while of me reading things on my phone, I heard the door to the computer room open. "Hey Rina." I said, turning to face her.

"Hey Y/n." Rina responded. She then came over to me and the computer I was at and pulled the electronic Rina board out of her bag and handed it to me.

I plugged it into the computer and while I applied the update, I asked "So I take it, practice was good today?"

"Yeah, I have a live this Saturday and I was practicing a new song." Rina answered.

"Awesome. I'll have to make sure I'm there. You always are so great up there." I answered.

"Thanks. It makes me happy to hear that." she said.

We continued the small talk while I finished up. I unplugged the Rina Board and handed it back to her. I explained the more important things I updated.

Rina flipped her Rina Board to a smiley face and said "I see. Thank you."

"No problem" I replied.

Rina then began to turn and was about to leave the room. Realizing that I was losing my chance to tell her how I feel, I said "Please wait a second."

Rina turned back around and said "What is it?"

I approached her and I braced myself one final time for the possibility of rejection before I said "Rina, I'm in love with you." Upon hearing my words, Rina eyes widened before she held up her Rina Board to cover face and seemingly flipped page to page before hiding her face in my chest, preventing me from seeing her face. Surprised at her reaction, I said "Rina!?"

I then heard Rina say "I don't know what kind of face to use right now. You saying that makes me happy but I don't feel like that's the kind of face I should make right now."

Realizing that she reciprocated my feelings, I wrapped my arm around the girl who was so close to me. I then said "Rina, will you be my girlfriend?"

Rina, although muffled slightly, said "Are you sure you are okay with me? I don't know anything about being someone's girlfriend."

I smiled and said "Of course I am. And to be honest, I don't know anything about being someone's boyfriend either. I just know that I want to be with you."

Rina wrapped her arms around me and said "Okay. Then it would make me happy to be your girlfriend. I want to be with you too."

We continued to embrace each other for what was probably only a minute, but that minute felt so much longer and every bit of it wonderful.