Yō x Reader

As I sat on the bleachers, the blazing summer sun overhead, I watched and honestly felt a little bit jealous over the swimmers competing today being able to cool off like they are today. I'm really not the type for dealing with heat after all.

For a while now, I've dealt with constant disappointment in myself, and loneliness that's all my fault. Back in middle school, I was pretty social for an introvert, but when highschool started up, I ended up retreating more into my shell as my friends moved forward with the things they loved, and I slowly drifted away from them. I ended up completely by myself for my first year of highschool, and while at the moment I didn't mind it, I couldn't help but judge myself for cutting myself away like that, and I couldn't deny missing having people around me. And so when my family moved to Uchiura at the start of my second year, I felt hopeful for my second chance, deciding that even if I wasn't as social as before I still wanted some friends. Yet as much as I tried, I couldn't break out of my shell, I struggled to be outgoing in any way, or banter with my classmates. I was still alone.

That is, until I met Yo Watanabe

Yo is energetic, positive, athletic, and an idol who shines so brilliantly onstage. She's pretty much the opposite of a gloomy loner like me, but somehow after I helped her with something for class, she ended up talking to me occasionally, and before long, that ended up becoming more and more often. Now, I don't think it'd be weird for me to say that we're friends, and while I still don't know why she ever bothers with someone with me, I'm glad to have her in my life. There's only one issue, but because of how hopeless that situation is, I've decided that it's just for the best that I don't try to pursue the romantic feelings I have towards her. I mean, there's no way I'm good enough for her.

As I suppressed those feelings once again, I saw that Yo's race was about to begin. Yo asked me to come and cheer for her at her swim meet, and so of course I came to support her. Still, as I looked through the crowd, I'm surprised she didn't invite Takami or any of her other friends to come cheer for her today.

"Ah well, I guess it'll just be the two of us after she's done here." I muttered to myself before the race began and I started to cheer, rooting for her as much as I could. She swam as fast as always, if not a bit faster, and she even ended up winning her race.

Once all the racers came to an end, I stayed at the bleachers, waiting to meet up with her after she dried off and changed. It wasn't too long before I saw her heading my way, and as I got up to meet her, she said "You made it!"

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I come cheer my friend on?" I said "I'm just surprised none of the girls from Aquors are here."

"Chika and the others ended up busy this weekend so they couldn't make it. But as soon as I saw you in the bleachers, I really felt like I could go all out!" Yo said

"I'm glad to hear it, you were great out there." I said, the two of us starting to walk together "So hey, do you wanna go grab some ice cream or something on our way back? It's pretty hot out today after all."

As we walked together, the two of us came up with something to do together, because I don't want to split up from Yo quite yet, and maybe Yo feels the same way.

—----------------------------------------

Later that afternoon, as we finally started walking over to her place where we'll split up, the two of us were talking, joking and just doing whatever felt right at the time. Like always, I couldn't deny how much fun I was having besides her.

However, after a moment, Yo hesitated for a second before she asked "Y/n, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, of course you can. What's up?" I responded, wondering what was up

Maybe it's just because of the mood, but as Yo took a deep breath to prepare for whatever she wanted to say, my heart skipped a beat because of what I imagined what she was going to say, but I tried to push those thoughts away, my doubts undermining those hopes. Until they were brought to fruition as Yo stopped and with a blush on her face said "Y/n, the truth is that I've ended up falling in love with you. I actually didn't invite the others today, because I wanted it to be just us so I could tell you."

I could feel my lips curl up as I started to smile like a dork. Yo likes me too, huh? That's absolutely amazing to hear but...

"What exactly could you have fallen in love with though? I'm pretty much everything you're not, and not in a good way..."

After all, I'm a pessimistic and gloomy loner with no hobbies that she'd find at all interesting, meanwhile she's an outgoing and optimistic beauty. So what exactly does she see in me? I've been telling myself ever since I realized my feelings for her that she's so far out of my league that I shouldn't even try, so now that I'm hearing she loves me too, and even made the first move, it feels hard to understand why.

Picking up on the swarm of doubts and hesitation that overwhelmed my mind, Yo took a step closer to me, and wrapped me in a hug as she said, blushing even more "You're too critical of yourself Y/n, you aren't as bad as you seem to think. You're funny, and sweet, and while you have trouble communicating with people, I always see you so ready to jump in and help. Geez, it's embarrassing to answer this so soon... but it's true, I love you."

Feeling her embrace me and tell me what she thought of me, while I couldn't fully believe her thoughts on me, it at least helped me realize that whether I see it or not, there are things she genuinely loves about me, and if there's really something to love about me, I shouldn't try to just ignore my feelings.

I placed my hands on her shoulders, and as I looked at her in her beautiful azure eyes, I said "Yo, I love you too, but this whole time I thought there was nothing to love about me, so I just drowned out those feelings. But I'm so glad to hear you feel the same way towards me."

"I'm so glad to hear that Y/n." Yo said, smiling

As we embraced, I felt my heart swelling with so much love, and without thinking, in the passion of the moment, the two of us shared a kiss. Her lips felt soft against mine, and I could feel all my doubts and self-loathing melt away, if not for just a moment, as I shared this moment with her. As our lips parted, we continued on our way, hand in hand, as I promised myself to try and become the person that Yo sees me as. But before I can do that, first I need to learn to cut myself even a bit more slack.

------------------------------------------

A/n: This was requested by Sagna_Luke I hope you enjoyed it. And with this, at long last I finished all the Love Live requests I had. From here I'll be working on one for each of the season 2 members of Liella, and I hope you all will enjoy it