Shioriko x Reader

It's a nice day as I ran around the field chasing the ball. Here at Nijigasaki, I'm a part of the soccer team. I love everything about it and I have a really good time doing it. I tried to keep after the ball as much as I could and steal it away from the other team and I had a great time.

As the practice match started a short break for halftime I walked over to the bleachers and grabbed my water bottle. I picked it up and began to drink when I saw a girl with black hair and orange eyes watching the match from the bleachers not too far from where I was. She's kind of cute but I can't think about that kind of thing right now. I caught my breath for a minute and headed back out onto the field to continue the match.

When the match ended, my team sadly lost. I headed to the bleachers to grab some stuff I left there when the girl I saw earlier approached me. "Oh, hey. You were watching our practice right? I'm y/n l/n." I said, greeting her with a smile.

The girl responded "Hello, I am Shioriko Mifune."
Realizing that I've seen her before I said "Oh, you're that one girl who started a re-election for Student Council President. A buddy of mine mentioned that you give people advice to help them succeed."

Mifune nodded and said "I am. I came up to you because I believe that you would greater succeed if you became a sprinter for the track team."

"No thanks, I much prefer soccer." I responded. "But I am curious, why sprinting?"

"When you run, you start off one of the faster people on the team but you slow down considerably in the time after that my assumption being that your stamina can't keep up that pace for long. Therefore, you would excel in a competition where what matters is how quickly you can cross a shorter distance" Mifune answered

"That makes sense but I'd rather stick with soccer cause I just have a great time playing it." I said.

She just nodded and said "Very well" before walking off. From the stuff she's said during that one debate with current president I imagine that she probably thinks that I'm making a dumb choice but it's mine to make. Still, I'd like to talk to her again.

-------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks since I had that last conversation with Mifune and I didn't want her analysis to be for nothing so I've turned it into something to improve myself. Since Shioriko said that I have a fast starting speed but slow down after that I began testing myself to see if it's that way from my immediate run or if my stamina affects that in some way. I ended up figuring out that my stamina affects it by how quickly I can keep up the sprint. So I've started playing more conservatively and running slower while waiting for an opening, where I can transition to a sprint at full speed to steal the ball and pass it to someone else before I start to slow down. I feel like I've been doing better since I started to change my style. I'd really like to thank Mifune for her analysis but I haven't seen her watching practice recently and I don't share any classes with her. Or at least I hadn't seen her there since then but today, I saw Mifune on the bleachers as I took a break.

As soon as practice ended, I went to the bleachers and came up to her as she was getting ready to go. I waved and said "Hey Mifune. How have you been?"

Mifune calmly responded "Hello y/n, I've been well. I assume that you came up to me for some reason."

"Yeah, I wanted to thank you for the analysis the last time I saw you. I've been using it to adjust my tactics." I said to her.

"I noticed that you were playing differently than last time. I'm glad I was able to help you succeed." Mifune said.

"I'm really glad I saw you here again. I was starting to think that I wouldn't be able to thank you."