Ayumu x Reader

Even as everyone else left, I sat in the art room and painted the autumnal landscape of the school outside, trying my best to work in all sorts of different, different shades to try and replicate the view out the window in as much detail as possible. At the beginning of the school year, I was at risk of losing my scholarship due to having entered a slump that I honestly didn't know if I'd ever find my way out of. Everything I tried to create seemed so unoriginal, never creating anything I was happy with, and because of it, I started to spend less time painting, the one thing I used to love to do the most became tiring and not worth it in my mind. I really thought I was through, and as I reached my limits and was about to give up, I overheard some students talking about a performance coming up, and figuring that I might as well check it out, not that it had any chance to change anything. But there, I found the light who reached through the darkness that had filled my soul.

As I ended up zoning out, focusing on nothing besides my writing, I heard a knock on the door to the art room. "Y/n, are you still in there?"

"Yep. Come on in." I said, a smile forming on my face as I waited for her to enter the room.

A moment later, the door opened and Ayumu Uehara stepped into the room holding a bag in her hand. "I thought you would probably still be here even after club activities ended for the day." she said

"What can I say? I love what I do." I said. And it's all thanks to her, the girl who broke me out of the mental state I was in that led to my slump.

"And I'm glad to hear that. When we first met and told me that I broke you out of a slump, I was amazed I managed to do that." Ayumu said "Now since I doubt you've taken a break since you got here, I brought some cookies that I baked yesterday. How about we eat them while you take a break?"

"That sounds great. You really are a godsend you know." I said

Ayumu giggled and said "I'll take that as a compliment."

Back then, when I saw her activities as an idol, I found her so amazing, and during it all, she spoke about how she wanted us to keep watching her as she growed as an idol. She's the same age as me, and she knew she still had plenty of space to learn. Something about her inspired me, and made me start to realize that if she's going to keep improving at what she chooses to do, do I really have the right to give up on what I chose to do for so long? She rejuvenated my will to keep trying to go further, and once I found that I had gotten past my slump, I ended up finding her after class, and thanking her. She was surprised to hear me say that, but that day we ended up talking for a while, and slowly we even started to considering each other friends.

"These are amazing as always." I said

"Thanks Y/n." Ayumu said. She then took a look at what I was painting and said "Hey, whenever I see you paint, you always seem to zone out. I would've thought you'd be more focused while painting."

I shrugged and said "To be honest, when I paint I get a bit of an idea of where I want to go with it, and get the paints I think I'll need before I start, then I just kinda go with the flow, adjusting where things are going in my head as I work. If I was trying to paint a specific thing exactly I wouldn't be able to do that, but I usually kind of just see where the idea takes me."

"I see." Ayumu said

"Hey, do you want to maybe go do something this weekend? There's something I want to show you, and I figured before we do that we can hang out or something." I said

"I'm free this weekend, I'd love to spend some time with you outside school." Ayumu said

"Awesome! I'll be sure to make sure you can enjoy yourself then." I said, smiling