Dia x Reader

Nine years ago...

One evening as the sun sets, a boy and a girl are playing along the shoreline of Uchiura. The girl is chasing the boy while the boy laughs and continues to run away until eventually they are both too tired to run any further.

The boy's smile fades and looks to the girl and says "Hey Dia, I have something I need to tell you."

"What is it y/n?" Dia responds.

"Please don't get too mad at me for this but my family is moving away. It's because of my dad's work." y/n says

"You're moving away? Where are you moving to?"

"Mom said we're going to some place in Yamagata."

"That's really far away. I might not get to see you again for a long time so we need to make sure to really really enjoy the time we still have"

Y/n face stiffened slightly and because Dia noticed she asked "What's with that look?"

Y/n looked away and quietly muttered out "We're um leaving tomorrow."

Dia had heard and with an upset look on her face and tears in her eyes said "Then why didn't you tell me sooner? I bet you just couldn't bother you jerk!"

Y/n looked back and said "N-no it's just that I just couldn't find the right time!"

"Yeah right jerk, you were just too busy thinking about yourself and didn't think of your friends!" Dia said before running away.

--------------------------------

Dia's Perspective

The Present Day...

Practice for the day ends as the sun starts to set. Me and Ruby start to walk home together and I look out at the ocean and the setting sun that it reflects.

Once we got home Ruby pulled out the mail and after checking it looked to me and asked "Um Onee-chan... you used to play with somebody whose name was y/n l/n right?"

"Yeah. Why?" I answered.

Until he left, me, Kanan, Mari and him played together a lot and were really close even if he tended halfass things and went out of his way to annoy me sometimes. Typically he would do something that was just enough to tick me off enough for me to yell at him. But the last day I saw him, when it was just the two of us, I ended up running home in tears because I thought he didn't tell me he was leaving until the day before he left because he didn't care about me but now that I think about it and knowing him,he probably didn't tell me before because he just kept putting it off. Apparently at one point Mari went and visited him and she says that he hasn't changed much.

"Because there is a letter here from him."She said holding out a letter.

I took the letter from Ruby and opened it. It said that he was waiting for me at the shore.

Leave it to him to be vague about where along the shore he was but I knew where he probably meant. I was just glad that he was back.

"Ruby, I've got to go do something quickly. I'll be home in a bit."

"Okay."

I walked over to the shore where we last spoke. We spent a lot of time playing around there so he probably was somewhere around there. Once I got there I immediately saw a man wearing a hoodie staring out at the ocean.

"Y/n is that you?"I said to the man

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Dia. I heard that you've become a real hardass." The man said as he turned around. It really was y/n and he had a big smile on his face.

"I've heard you're still as lazy as before." I retorted

His smile turned to a smirk and he said "Yep! Although if you ask me, I've gotten lazier."

After that last statement I kind of want to smack upside the back of the head but I haven't seen him in years so I'll let it go.

"Ah c'mon Dia! Where's those great reactions of yours?" He said returning to his smile.

"I'm not giving a response to that."

He then walked up to me and said "Oh yeah? Well how about this? I love you and I'll never let you go again" before he gave me a kiss on the lips. After that I began to blush pretty fiercely as he said "There you go."

So apparently y/n really is the same as before if not a bit more annoying but I love him too so I'll just deal with that last bit.

-------------------------------

A/n: So I had this idea decently in depth pretty quickly after the last chapter but I had a ton of trouble putting it into words. I'll go to an actual schedule for this next week so the next chapter will me on Monday and a new one will be every other week day. Also because I can't come up with chapter titles worth a damn, unless I can come up an idea somewhat easily, I'll only give a unique title to stories where I have an idea for another story with that girl that I want to do at some point. I like Dia and I feel like she would be fun to mess with. Her and Mari are probably my favorites girls in Aquors.