Chapter 9: What's Wrong With Me?

*Zayn*

   "Stop staring at the clock, Zayn, that's driving me crazy!" Harry, who was sitting beside me, gave me an angry look. More annoyed than angry, but still.
   "She's been away for hours now, it's late!" I didn't really add something to his knowledge, he knew when she left and he was able to calculate. I was just uttering the obvious.
   He sighed, running with his hands through his curls. "Yes, but she can do what she wants and stay outdoors how long she likes."
   I shook my head. "I know, but she doesn't seem to be the type of girls who stay outdoors till after midnight. In a strange city!" my tummy contracted when I imagined that shy, tiny and foreign girl in the big city of London.
   "How many times have we discussed this now?!" Harry asked me, slowly getting tired of me. "Just go to sleep and tomorrow you'll find her sitting on the table, having breakfast."
   He stood up, grabbed his phone and went to the stairs. "Stop worrying, Zayn. Good night." with that he left to get away from me and seek comfort in his bedroom. He didn't understand me or my worries and that bothered me.
   I didn't even reply to him but let him go upstairs in silence. I knew something was wrong so I waited till I heard the slam of Harry's door. Up from the sofa, towards the stairs. Taking every two steps, I quickly reached Liam's room. He didn't reply to my knock so I just bumped in. Luckily he wasn't sleeping, only.. well.. dancing round the room with headphones in his ears.
   He froze when he saw me and took the headphones off. "Err, what are you doing here?"
   I tried to hide my grin. "Umm.." why was I here? Oh yes. My grin disappeared.
   He threw a look at the clock and then gave me a strange look. "She isn't back yet, is she?"
   I frowned but at the same time was very glad to finally have found someone caring a little with me.  "No, she isn't."
   Liam sighed, took his jacket which was hanging on a chair and came over to me. "Let's go."

**

   One hour later we still haven't found her and I was getting more nervous every minute passing.
   "It's okay, Zayn. We will find her." Liam tried to comfort me, tapping on my back. "We haven't searched near the cinema and the park yet." This was hopeless. How were we supposed to find a girl lost in London? What even happened to her in the first place? Did somebody kidnap and rape her? Has she gone home with that mysterious friend of hers? Did she run away from us? These thoughts flew through my mind like aeroplanes and stressed me out. We didn't have much of a reference point, only LL and our luck. But Liam was right, we haven't been to the cinema or the park that were located near the restaurant.
   So I swerved the car to the right and made my way to the park where I stopped the car in front of the gates. "I'll go inside and see if she's there." Liam said and unstrapped his belt.
   While waiting, I kept thrumming my fingers on the steering wheel. She's only one day with us and gets lost. Simon will KILL us.
  Yeah yeah, I knew that this wasn't the only reason for being worried. I knew I was worried about her too, but the first reason was easier to accept. My thoughts went into another direction.. What would happen if we didn't find her? How will Simon react? When should we finally call the police? What about her parents? My thoughts were interrupted by Liam running over to my car. He opened the door but didn't get in. "I found her!"
   His words made me hurry out of the vehicle and follow him inside the park. And there she was: lying on a bench, with almost blue lips and closed eyes.
   "We should call an ambulance." Liam said and pulled out his phone. "I think she wouldn't like it if we.. like.. carried her to the car or touched her or something."
   Liam was probably right. I went to the bench and couldn't help but stare at her face. "Jenan?" I whispered. Her eyelids flattered but didn't open. After a while I felt Liam's hand on my shoulder and just a few moments later the ambulance arrived. They took her to the nearest hospital and Liam and me followed them in my car. This was such an insane night.
   During her medical inspection, Liam and I were sitting on those uncomfortable plastic chairs, staring at the ground or the wall or whatever crossed our sights. I hoped paparazzi wouldn't bother us here.
   "H-hello?" I heard a shy voice beside me which took me out of my trance. It was a young girl, I guessed her to be 11 or 12, sitting in a wheelchair and holding a notebook in her hand. "My name is Lucy and... ummm.. are you Zayn Malik of One Direction?" her cheeks got red.
   I smiled at her. A young fan of ours. "Hello, Lucy. Yes, I am Zayn Malik."
   Her face literally lit up. She had long brown hair made up into two braids. "And the one beside you is Liam Payne??"
   I nodded.
   "Ohh, wow. What are you both doing here?" she asked and immediately blushed again. "S-sorry, I didn't want to be so curious."
   I sighed and ran through my hair. "It's okay. A.. friend of ours is here and we're waiting for the diagnosis."
   "Can I wait with you?" still that blush.
   I laughed a little. "Of course." how could I tell that innocence no?
   Liam smiled at her and she shyly waved to him.
   A few minutes later, a doctor came over to me. "Mr Malik?" he asked and I stood up. "Your friend is alright now. She is suffering from a light hypothermia and needs a little bit of sleep now. You said she comes from Egypt?" he asked me and looked at the board in his hands.
   "Yes." I replied.
   "Well, we guess she isn't used to the weather here yet." it was bloody cold in England these days and as I just had checked, in Egypt it has around 40 degrees celsius.
   "Could we see her?" I asked.
   He nodded. "Of course. Sister Carmen will lead you to her room." He made a sign to one of the nurses with dyed blonde hair and grey eyes and she came over to us.
   "Yes, Dr. Horatio?" she asked.
   "Bring those boys here to the girl in room number 56."
   She nodded, looked at us and said: "Follow me, please."
   After walking a few steps I remembered Lucy and turned around again. "Do you want to come with us?"
   Her face brightened up and she came over to me with her wheelchair. "It would be wonderful to come with you." I smiled and we carried on walking.