Chapter 31: After The Big Bang

*Jenan*

   Two hours after Zayn's love confession, Harry knocked on the door. Unlike when Zayn knocked, I opened the door for my best friend to let him enter. He wasn't confused seeing my red eyes, and only shut the door behind him. I returned to the bed and took a new tissue.

   "Who told you?" I whispered and watched him sitting down beside me.

   "Zayn." Harry answered. "We came back and knew something was wrong so we kept asking him until he told us. Louis and Niall are still in shock. They said that they had noticed that Zayn likes you more than normal but they never imagined him to actually tell you."

   A new tear escaped my eyes, and I was more and more aware of my feelings for him and the fact we could never be together.

   "Liam feels guilty." He added and crossed his legs. "He was the one who told Zayn to tell you." I nodded slowly, secretly hoping Zayn is not angry with Liam now. The latter only wanted the best, as usual.

   " So.." From his voice, I could recognise that he felt uneasy about what he was going to say. "What is the problem?"

   I looked up at him, feeling confused. "What do you mean?"

   He didn't answer straightaway and I kept waiting impatiently for him to speak: "I mean, it's obvious that you love him back. Zayn doesn't know it, but I do. I know you, Jenna. But I can't read what's on your mind. What is it that makes you freak out?"

   I sighed deeply, knowing that he probably wouldn't understand my point. No one would. Should I tell him? "Harry.. I admit that I love Zayn but my feelings are not enough." I replied, throwing the tissue into the bin which I had carried to the bed. "There are too many things standing in our way."

   "Is he the reason you rejected me?" he sounded shy and sheepishly and I quickly shook my head.

   "No, Haz. I wasn't aware of my feelings for Zayn until now. He was not the reason." I felt that I had to give the curly-haired boy a little comfort, so I added: "I love you, Harry Styles. But not the way you think you love me."

   I could see that he wanted to start an argument about the last part of my sentence but I cut him off by shaking my head. Lastly, he smiled and said: "I love you too, shorty. Cheer up! You have me and Liam and Niall and Louis, we can help you in the matter of Zayn."

   A hesitant smile appeared on my face and I was glad I had the boys in my life. But I knew they couldn't help me.

   Harry stayed for one more hour and helped me get my mind off things. Eventually, before stepping out of the door, he said in a warm voice: "If you're not ready, he'll wait. If he cares, he'll be there. If he loves you, he'll put you first. And if he's the one, he won't leave."

**

   *Zayn*

   "After all, it was the right thing." Were Niall's comforting words to me after particularising the situation. In the eyes of Louis and Niall I could see a slight disappointment about the fact that I hadn't told them about the thing I had for Jenan before, but I had felt too embarrassed to tell them.

   "Yes, it was." Liam added and tapped a few times on my back. Louis nodded.

   When Harry came back from Jenan's room, he sat down onto the cocktail table in front of me. "What did she say?" I asked nervously and kept biting on my lips.

   Harry sighed deeply and arranged his curls. "It's sorta difficult. She was crying."

   What does that mean? Why did she cry? Did she love me back or not?