Chapter 38: The One And Only

"For me, Love is an earthquake...unpredictable, a little scary, but when the hard part is over, you realize how lucky you are"

*Jenan*

   I never spent a minute of my life thinking about how my future husband would ask me to marry him. I never spent hours sitting around and imagining the situation. I just lived for the moment and didn't think about marriage.

   I really thought my life would go differently. Finishing school, getting my certificate, going to a college in Cairo and then marry, work and have children. And now there was Zayn Javadd Malik standing in front of me, asking me to accept his proposal. My heart had already agreed and was planning my new life by his side, but my mind was the one who spoke first: "But.. my father?" were the words my mouth was able to let out.

   "I asked him and he agreed." Zayn shot his answer. I knew that this point deserved a lot more thinking, but there was no time for that now.

   "I'm only 18.." I started but he quickly interrupted me, saying: "We know that. Your father and I agreed on an engagement for two years, we will marry when you're twenty, Inchaallah."

   He said we will, and not we would..

   "But I am here and you are in England.." again I couldn't finish the point.

   Zayn nodded and said: "I will buy us a house in London and you could finish school there. And in the vacations, you could come with us on tour."

   My heartbeat was unstable and I could picture everything very well and detailed in my inner eye. It scared me.

   "It's so.. awkward." I finally whispered. It really was. Marriage is not an easy thing..

   "I know." Zayn said. A small smile appeared on his face and crinkles formed around his eyes which looked at me in a lovely way. "But I feel it's the right thing."

   My heart immediately agreed with him, but my mind was still a little bit uncertain. I believed him when he said he changed, but he gotta prove it.

   "Maybe it is." I whispered. A lie. It really was.

   I could see that a part of his hope started to crash down, and he said: "Please, Jenna. Give me just one chance. I changed; isn't that what you wanted?"

   It's not what I wanted. It's what was necessary. "Prove it." I said and held my chin high. A sparkle appeared in his eyes as he saw the challenge.

   "Alright."

**

   *Zayn*

   She was more difficult than I thought, but I loved her for that. She was not one of those girls who would throw herself easily on a guy.

   Now the only thing I had to do was to prove to her I had changed and was worth the try. Later with her father, it was awkward. And whenever I remember how I felt when he opened the door for me.. I think I died.

   My hopes have become reality when Mr. Tareq agreed on my proposal to Jenan. I don't know why he agreed, maybe he saw something he was looking for in his daughter's husband-to-be. But still, all these words and phrases feel unfamiliar to me. Husband, wife, engagement, marriage..

   I was close to freaking out but Jenan was all I wanted and I had to work and fight for it.

   We agreed on the following thing: Jenan would spend the most of her Winter break with us in London where I could show her in what way I changed. Jenan also wanted to tell her mother that I proposed to her but her father said she already knew and insisted on meeting me in any way. That made me nervous.

   "Ready?" I asked and took her suitcase out of her hand.

   "Ready if you are." She responded and gifted me with a smile which made my heart pound. Her father put his hands on her shoulders and hugged her for one last time before we left the flat and made our way to the Egyptian airport.

   I took a few pictures, picked the best one out and tweeted about me being there. That would be good as people wouldn't expect me back in London already, so Jenna would have a few days off the fans.

   Soon, I could put the key into its hole and push the door open. None of the boys knew I had been in Egypt or that I was back with Jenan and therefore, the flat was empty.

   "Welcome back." I whispered to Jenan who smiled widely at me. I could see that she was happy, and that made me comfortable.

   "I'm glad I'm here. With you."

**

   "You did WHAT?" Harry's expression was showing me clearly that he was about to cut my head off.

   "I asked her to marry me." I repeated hastily and with my eyes searched for a place where I could hide, just in case.

   "Wow." Niall mumbled and plumped down onto the couch. Jenan was upstairs, asleep. The boys hadn't showed up at home for the whole day and it was very late when they finally got back. I told them she was here and added the new information.

   Of course it felt awkward at first and I didn't know how to tell them about it, but now it is out, I feel much more comfortable. The lads are my second family and they know about every little detail about my life.

   "What did she say?" Liam skipped to the important part. He tried to hide his smile but still I could recognise it. It made him happy.

   "Nothing." Somehow, that made me grin. "She's not easy. But I'll show her that I changed and then we'll see what she says." Surely, a part of me feared she'll reject me at the end, but hope was still there. I had to cling onto it.

   "Good luck, man." Louis giggled and tapped my back a few times. "Make that girl yours!"

**

*Jenan*

  "It felts as if we never were apart."

   Seeing the new Zayn released a lot of different emotions inside of me. Only the fact seeing him praying with devotion made me cry. Of course he didn't show off his new self; I discovered everything on my own. And it gave me an undescribable feeling.

   It needed only one week to prove me everything and show me how he was different now, but I didn't tell him straightaway; I kept him on tenterhooks.

   Of course, I took my mother's opinion. And at the end I made a decision.

   "Yes."

**

*Zayn*

   I think that was one of the happiest moments in my life. She just walked around the corner, took a bottle of water and before stepping out of the room, she easily said: "Oh, and Zayn? My answer is: yes."

   It took me a solid minute to realise that she just accepted my proposal. I literally screamed, rushed out of the house and randomly ran around the city.

   A new chapter was about to start in my life and I couldn't be happier.

~~

Zayn Malik Going Crazy And Running Around London

   One-Direction-singer Zayn Malik has not been spotted often around London the passed weeks but today a few fans could see him in an ecstatic state.

   What caused his obvious happiness?

   Pictures below.

gossipsandelse.com

~~

_______________

Thank you LOADS for your votes and nice comments on the last chapter :) hope you enjoyed this one as well, and don't forget to drop your comments, I appreciate your feedback :) x