Chapter 24: The Truth I

The time has come, yaay! :D Enjoy!

*Jenan*

   When I woke up the next morning the flat was as quiet as in a dead-house. It was strange how I always was able to feel the absence of the boys. Three more lonely days were infront of me and I didn't have a clue of what to do. Hours passed and I lazed around all morning long. My activites varied from playing computer games to staring out of the window. I was just watching a man trying to calm down his crying son when I heard my mobile ringing from upstairs. I jumped away from the window and hurried upstairs, in my mind the image of Zayn. My heart bumped fastly as I stepped into my room and spotted the phone on the bed. I grabbed it and saw an unknown number. I tried to swallow the feeling of disappointment and picked up: "Hello?"
   "Jenna?" a familiar Irish accent asked. "It's me, Niall."
   "Hey Nialler." I greeted him and smiled.
   "Sorry for bothering you, but have you seen my mobile somewhere in the flat?" in my mind I tried to remember if I had stumbled over it somewhere but I realised I didn't.
   "Nope, sorry. But you could call yourself and I will listen if it is somewhere." I suggested and walked out of my room as it was for sure not there.
   "Yeah, great." He mumbled. "Wait.." a few seconds later I heard a melody downstairs.
   "Ah, I hear it!" I said and took the stairs. "Is this.. Demi Lovato?"
   "Yeah!" he said. I just reached the last step when the melody ended. "Oops, sorry. Should I call again?"
   "No." I replied. "I know where it is."
   "Great! You can put it in my room, okay? Thanks Jenna, that's all I wanted to know."
   "Alright, you're welcome." I replied and eyed the brown door infront of me. "Bye!"
   "Bye!" the connection ended and I had a strange feeling inside of me. I was standing infront of the door of the only room I had never entered. I remembered my first day where Zayn showed me the flat but totally skipped this door and no one ever mentioned it infront of me. What was behind it? My hands were sweaty when I grabbed the door handle and pushed it downwards..
   It was a small room with a laminated floor and dark blue walls. A long blue couch was in the middle of the room. 70% of the walls were covered in posters where I could see the boys in strange positions. I approached the nearest poster to me and caught my breath. In big white fat letters was written the word One Direction on every single poster, sometimes I could read Up All Night or Up All Night tour. My mind was still not able to fully understand when I recognised the shelf at the end of the room and after approaching it I found myself standing infront of some trophies, magazines and awards. On every single magazine cover the faces of the boys were staring at me; Teen Vogue, Us Weekly, Bravo.. but after all, my mind was still unable to understand. I fell into a trance state and was only able to raise the mobile which had been in my hands and diall Emily's number, my eyes still fixed on the shelf.
   "Hey babe." An enthusiastic Emily greeted me. "What's up?"
   "One. Direction." These two words were heavy on my tongue, I had said them slowly and dramatically.
   "Uh?" she asked. I didn't reply. "Jenna? .. Jen?"
   My tongue was heavy and my mind blank. How could I reply?
   "JENAN!" Emily screamed and with that was able to wake me up a little.
   "Em, what would you think if you were at Lucas' house, he is not there and some unknown circumstances lead you to a room you never entered before so you enter it and inside you find posters of Lucas in expensive looking clothes, you see magazines with his image on the covers and find trophies with his name on them? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"
   I didn't know what I expected from her.. some sweet words, saying that I misunderstood the whole situation and that it was not what it looked like, maybe. Anyways, I expected her to be confused and lose her train of thought but instead I heard her saying: "Oh. You found out."
  Oh, yes I indeed found out. I found out that the boys I have been living with for the past months were obviously popular and rich teenie stars who were known all over the world. I found out that I have been walking on earth like a total twerp. I knew I had a lot of other problems but instead of being angry with the boys, I pulled my anger out on Emily. "You knew?!" I shrieked.
   Emily sighed. "Jenna, I'm from England, of course I recognise One Direction when I see them. On the day you were in the hospital I knew for the first time when Zayn called me to ask me about what had happened and I freaked out on the phone but he asked me not to tell you about their identity and I agreed. I know you're feeling fooled now but I advice you to call them up and tell them you found out."
   "Call them?!" I asked. "No, I can't." I tried to smother my anger as I didn't want to hurt Emily and lose the one person I could trust here in England.
   "You should." She insisted. "I'm sure they can explain everything to you."
   "There's nothing to explain." I interrupted her and turned around intending to leave but as soon as I reached the door I remembered Niall's phone so I quickly took it and hurried out of the cursed room.
   "Jenna.." Emily started slowly.
   "It's okay, Em." I sighed, taking the steps that lead to the next floor. "I will call you again later." And before she could say one word, I cut the connection. The door of my room was opened and on my way to the pc I threw my phone onto the bed. I waited impatiently for the laptop to boot up and still couldn't focus my thoughts. I was like a volcano a few minutes before eruption. Why didn't they tell me the truth? And why didn't I see it? Retrospectively, I guess there were more than one hint right infront of my blind eyes, like why they mostly wear sunglasses when they leave the flat or why the people keep staring at us. At first I thought it was because of my Hijab but no! It was because I was walking on the streets of London with a member of One Direction!
   In addition to their obvious wealth and their trips to America and Sweden. My fingers were trembling as I wrote the words one direction into the blank space in Google.582.000.000 results. Whoop-de-do!, I thought sarcastically.
   I don't know how many hours I spent there, staring at the screen and reading about the five boys who were my best friends. With every minute passing, my eyes hurt more, just as my disappointed heart. At last I couldn't bear it anymore so I stood up and started arranging my books numerically by release date. I felt a lot better after my work and fell backwards onto my bed. What shall I do now?
   And in the middle of my thoughts and worries, I fell asleep.