Chapter 12: A Trip Around London

A/N: lovely edit by @littlewildpenguin :) I love it 

 *Zayn*

 "Will we take the bus?" Jenan, who was walking down the stairs of the hallway in front of me, asked.
   I chuckled by the thought of taking the bus. When was the last time I took one? I couldn't even remember.  "No, I have a car."
   She only nodded, opened the door of our building and stepped out. "Ahhh." She closed her eyes with a huge smile on her face.
   Of course I knew that it was wrong to give her "house detention" but we were quite busy these days and we didn't want her to wander around London alone again. You know what happened last time she did that. "Let's go." I said and took her to my car. For a few moments, she kept staring at it in awe and I realised that it maybe had been a bad idea to show her my baby. I unlocked it, trying to act as normal as I could, and opened the nearside for her. My car was swanky, and obviously pricey. She got in, while looking at me in a strange way. After closing the door behind her, I got in myself.
   "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked whilst pushing the key into its hole and starting the engine.
    "Well.. I don't know. Maybe because no one ever had opened a car's door for me." she smirked.
   I laughed and reversed out of the parking space. "Seems you haven't met any gentlemen before."
   "No, I.. " she stopped mid-sentence. "Nevermind." She quickly added, placed her petite hands in her lap and looked out of the window. I could only throw a quizzical look at her when the ring of her phone broke the silence. "Oh." She only muttered before picking up. Her phone call lasted maybe 5 minutes and she talked in a low voice so I tried not to listen to her words but everytime I succeeded in ignoring what she says to the phone, I hear her laugh and unintentionally throw a look at her.
   "A friend of yours?" I asked her after she had ended the call and placed her mobile phone back into her pocket.
   Jenan smiled at the dashboard. "Yeah, it was Leesha, my best friend in Egypt." She sighed. "I miss her so much."
   For a few moments, the car was silent and I was sad for seeing her blue. She was obviously homesick and didn't enjoy her stay here in London. I kept thinking about the situation until we reached some red traffic lights where I had a brilliant idea.
   "Hey, why don't you invite her to come to us?" I looked at Jenan who looked at me as if I had just asked her to marry me. "I'm serious!"
   She shook her head. "That's the craziest thing you've said so far. Flights from Egypt to England are not really cheap. And where would she stay?"
   "Never mind about the flight. I can incur any expenses. And she could stay in your room if you don't mind."
   "Zayn!"
   "What?" the traffic lights turned green. I tried hard to hide the grin which wanted badly to appear on my lips.
   She gave me a stern look and then turned to the window. I sighed. A few days after her 'accident' we had a small 'discussion' about money. She wanted to search for a job so that she won't be a 'financial burden' on us. That was so.. ridiculous! Anyways, of course we totally refused and now she only accepts the food we buy. "Do you need anything?" "No thanks." "A new novel?" "No." "A drawing sketch?" "No." "A scarf?" "No." "Credits for your mobile?" "No." And so on.
   Well, sometimes I think she's so complicated and all I wanna do is to discuss the hell out of something with her but then she acts extremely shy in front of us and sits quietly in a corner. I know she isn't acting but I'm getting dizzy of one time being treated like a brother and in the other second like a total stranger. As if she couldn't decided what we were to her after all.
   "By the way, you haven't told me anything about our destination yet?" she broke the silence and looked at me. I smiled at the steering wheel and answered: "I only thought you'd like to see something else except the four walls of your room, and gotta know me— uh, London a bit better."
   She chuckled slightly. I liked her chuckling, she rarely does it. "So it's like a trip around London?"
   "Yep!" I answered and slowed down the car. "And we've almost arrived at the first point on our list.."
   "You have a list?" she widened her eyes. "I wanna see it!"
   I shook my head and grinned. "No!"
   "Why not?"
   "Because I say so."
   She rolled her eyes. "And who are you to say that?"
   The words shot out of my mouth: "I'm Zayn Malik of One—" I stopped myself mid-sentence. Crap.
   "Yes?" I parked the car and applied the handbrake.
   "Umm, only Zayn Malik, you know."
   "But you said 'Zayn Malik of one..' one what?" she looked at me in riddles and I bit my lips. That was so stupid of me!
   "Zayn Malik of one.. of One Direction." I sighed. Was it the right time for the truth now? I don't think so.
   She burst out into laughter. "Aha, of course. Nice distraction." She said sarcastically and looked around. "Oh, we arrived?" she asked herself, released her belts, opened the door and got out of the car. Wait.. the girl didn't even give me a chance to open the door for her.
   I got out as well and locked the car. A gust of wind swirled around us and she took hold of her skirt as I stepped up to her. Strangely, she smiled.
   "What's so funny?" I looked at her curiously. This girl was full of riddles and wonders.
   "Nothing." She was still smiling. "It only reminds me of school."
   "School?"
    "The wind." She chuckled. She really should do that more often. "At school, my skirt always feels free to fly in every direction."
   "Umm—"
   "Never mind." She grinned. "Now.. where are we going?"
   "Well, we already arrived." I said and turned around.
   We were standing in front of a clothes store for men and women simply called Viola's.
   The look Jenan then threw at me was priceless. It was a mix of frowning, unbelieving and shock, all in one.
   "We are going shopping?"
   I grinned widely, putting my hands in my trouser's pockets. "Yes."
   She crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and said. "You are so odd."
   I nodded and said: "Now, after insulting me, would you like to finally enter the store?"
   She shrugged and put up a pokerface. "I guess."
   And we got in.