Chapter 11: Just Saying

*Harry*

 I was in the bathroom trying to dash the milk drops away from my T-shirt, when I heard the slam of the door behind Zayn and Jenan announcing their departure. After cleaning my T-shirt, I walked out of the bathroom and sat down onto a couch near the other boys.

   "So, what are we gonna do now?" Louis asked while putting on a pair of green socks with different yellow emojis on them. I didn't like that pair of socks, but his grandma has got them for him on Christmas so his heart was kind of owned by them. But they were still ugly af.

   "We will have to find the paper she mentioned." I answered, trying not to think about socks anymore.

    "Huh? Which paper?"

    "Niall!" Liam gave him a stern look. "Haven't we talked about all this yesterday after she went to sleep?"

    "I don't re—"

    "The paper!" Louis interrupted him and came up again, straightening his back. He had successfully put on his socks.  "That one with her favourite songs on it."

    "Ah, yes." Niall mumbled and nodded. "So, let's find it." was all he needed to say to let us stand up and head over to the stairs.

   To clear out any confusion: after Jenan had told Zayn and me that she wanted to listen to 1D-songs, we feared that she might (or rather will) know about us so we decided to be quicker than her. Zayn suggested to buy her an MP3 Player and put all her favourite songs (which apparently are written on a certain paper in her room) on it. We're gonna find that paper now. How we knew that a paper like this existed? Well, we earlier noticed how Jenan always preserved order and liked to take notes, besides that she had mentioned that paper with her fav songs before.

   I took the lead and went upstairs, followed by the other boys. When we reached her door, I paused before opening it.

   "What's up, Styles? Open that door." I heard Liam behind me.

   "What if she gets upset when she knows we entered her room and nosed about?" I turned around to face the lads, sharing my thoughts with them.

   This was a serious question, why did they all sigh??

   "Is everything okay with you, Harry?" Louis looked at me in a strange way. "You are not really that type of people who'd feel guilty whilst scrubbling around someone's room."

   "Err, never mind." I quickly said to avoid this little embarrassment and opened the door.

    It was the very first time for me to see the room after she had moved in. "Oh, wow." It came sarcastically from Niall. The room was more than tidy, everything was at its right place and no one would guess someone actually slept here. Niall walked through the room and eyed everything suspiciously. Liam and Louis looked around to see where she might have put a list with favourite songs, when my eyes fell on her bedside locker. I walked over to her bed and opened the drawer.

   "Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Niall and I turned around to see him burst out into laughter. "She arranges her books in alphabetical order!"

   Liam and Louis headed over to him, not believing but I smiled to myself and turned to the opened drawer again. Consecutively I put a diary, an eyeglasses case, three disinfectants, a jewellery box and a red portfolio out. My heart jumped in anticipation and I opened the portfolio, knowing I was close. It was full of papers: big papers, small papers, post-its, empty papers, written papers and drawings. She really Ioved making notes, just as we thought, which was now a good thing for us or else our plan with the MP3 player would fail. Carefully, I took everything out of the portfolio and examined it. She was a talented drawer, but her subjects were quite strange. A flower full of blood, half of an apple, ants over some biscuits.. at the following picture I froze for a moment. In cosy letters was written 'Harry Styles' at the top of the paper and under it there were some brown curls. I smiled and looked at the following one. Niall was written at the bottom of the page and in the middle there were two images: one about Niall's lips with a warm braces-smile on them and the other image was a hand holding a spoon full of maccaroni. I chuckled quietly and put it to the Harry-pic. Liam's was up next. Liam's eyes were looking at me, and beside them was a cute teddy bear. Liam, was written under it. The next drawing was Louis'. She had drawn a stripped T-shirt and an outstreched hand. Lou was written at the top. Who was missing? Ah, yes. Zayn. I looked at the last drawing and was surprised to see the whole Zayn looking at me. His whole face and his shoulders.

   "Hey guys, see this." I said in a low voice without removing my eyes from the drawing. The lads came over to me and stared over my shoulder at the drawing.

   "Wow, that's pretty cool." Niall sounded impressed. The other boys seemed to be too.

    "Will you show it to Zayn?" Liam asked.

    I shook my head. "No.. at least not without asking her." They nodded.

   "But it seems you've almost found it..?" Louis' eyes ran over the papers.

    After staring at the word Zayn Malik on the drawing for a few seconds, I put it back into the portfolio and searched for her list with the other boys.

   "Found it!" Louis screamed and I grabbed the paper out of his hands. Jenan had written around 25 song titles in her neat handwriting. 

    The others were silently reading the song titles from over my shoulders. My eyes fell on a red post-it lying on the floor so I gave Louis the song list back and leaned down to pick up the red post it. Places Where I Want To Go was written at the top. My eyes wandered downwards to the body of the post-it while the boys were discussing about how Jenan could keep her room that tidy:

   New York

   London  x

   Paris

   Berlin

  Istanbul

  Alexandria 

   "We have the list, let's remove this mess and get out of here." Niall was already at the door when he said that.

   I grinned, looking up from the post-it. "Don't worry, I don't think Zayn will come back too soon with Jenan."

   "Why do you say that?" Louis asked me.

   I shrugged and put the rest of Jenan's papers from the bed into the portfolio. "Just sayin' man."