Chapter 7: Does she really not know about us?

*Liam*

   After the new girl's 'discussion' with our bad boy, she opened the door and left the flat.

"Guys." I said slowly, putting the wet plate in the sink again and leaving the kitchen. The dishes have time and can be done later. "Should we follow her?"

   4 heads turned around and 4 pairs of eyes kept staring at me. I knew I had asked a strange question. "Why?" Niall asked, raising one of his eyebrows. "Do you think she lied to us when she said she was going to LL?"

   I shook my head and sat down between Harry and Zayn. "No, I believe her, but Simon said that we are responsible for her now. What if something happened to her? She's the first time here in London and it's only her first day." I added for consideration.

   Zayn, who was still angry at her, said: "You saw I tried to drive her but she refused. If something happened to her, it's her fault not ours." Oh, he wanted to act all cold and pretend he didn't care? He couldn't fool me.

   I threw a look at Harry and he shrugged. Niall and Louis came over to us and sat on the other two couches. I thought about how the girl first said she wasn't hungry and had a jetlag, and now she was going to a restaurant.. I think we are making her feel uncomfortable.

   "What was her name?" asked Niall whilst grabbing the remote control  from the cocktail table.

   "Jenan." Zayn said.

   "And she really doesn't  know about us?" it came from Louis who scratched his head under the beanie. When he had gone to the studio with it, he caused great trouble. Till now I don't understand why beanies have such a great effect on our fans..?

   Zayn nodded. "When I mentioned One Direction she didn't know anything about it. And I don't think she's lying." He added after seeing our faces.

   "That means we should open a new chapter in our career and go to Egypt, right?" Harry grinned.

   I chuckled. "That would be strange." But Egypt sounded good. We could really add it to our next tour and visit the famous pyramids? That would be cool.

   "By the way," Niall interrupted my thoughts about three-cornered buildings and old Pharaohs. "When are we going to tell her about us? About 1D?"

   Zayn looked up quickly. "How about: never?"

   Never? We all looked at him. "Never?" I repeated.

   He sighed, leaning backwards and looking up at the ceiling. "I mean, not now. Can't you see the chance we have with her? The last time I met a girl who didn't know I was famous, was during The X Factor." Oh yes, the good old days of being just another random person on earth..

   "I don't get it." Harry said. But I did. Of course I understood Zayn, he was probably the one who got affected by fame the most. Girls were throwing themselves at his feet, he was just too good looking for them to resist his hazel eyes or tanned body. But how many of them saw behind his mask? How many knew him, as in Zayn, and not as in Zayn-Malik-from-One-Direction? How many would still want to spend time with him, get to know him, unravel all his secrets, if he wasn't rich and famous?

   "I only want to know if.. if any girl, any person can like me for me and not for One Direction." he explained confirming my thoughts.

   "I understand you." I told him and gave him a small smile.

    Niall shrugged his shoulders and turned to the TV. "Sooner or later she'll find out."

   "I hope that won't be too soon." Zayn said, stood up and started walking away. A few moments later I heard the slam of his door upstairs.

   "Do you think he..?" Harry looked at me and matched me glare for glare.

   I stared back at him.

   "Noooo." We both said at the same time and turned to the TV.

**

*Zayn*

   I didn't even know why her rejection annoyed me that much. She didn't want me to drive her, so I had to accept that. But maybe I was pissed because I had offered her a small service and she freaked out. I only know her for a day and she was already leaving me in confusion and despair. I hated that.

   With a frustrated sigh, I fell backwards onto my bed. I shouldn't be angry at her because that meant I had an emotion towards that girl, and I didn't want that. She was just another random person in my life who would soon gladly leave us. I pushed her out of my mind and forced myself to think about something else.

   Maybe a beer and a cigarette would help.