Chapter 13.5: Tired And Emotional

• Dedicated to ZaynMalik

A/N: Okay guys, it's officially ZAYN MALIK'S 20th BIRTHDAY! So, to mark the occasion, I thought about updating once more ;) But I warn you, this chapter is VERY short (I wrote it long after writing chapter 14, that's why this chapter is numbered 13.5 :D and it's just a short scene in Jenan's POV..)  tell me what you think :)

Dedication goes to Zayn Malik of course :D x we love you!

*2 Days later*

   "Help me."

   Where did this whisper come from? It was dark, too dark to see anything. My feet were heavy from walking this long distance on the unsteady ground. Tall, blank trees surrounded the way like towers and a heavy fog blurred my sight.

   "Help me."

   Again this strange voice. Where are you?!, I wanted to shout, but the words got stuck in my throat. I tried to cough or something, but nothing. No voice would slip out of my mouth. I walked ahead exactly two steps when my right foot stuck into the ground. I had placed it on a field of mud and quicksand and now I was slowly starting to sink.

   "Help me!"

   The voice called out louder this time. But I couldn't help! I couldn't move, I couldn't talk! I had sunk into the quicksand till the beginning of my torso. So I would die suffocating? I had imagined my death to be more.. unspectacular.

   "Help me!"

   What shall I do? I can't help you!, I tried to scream, but I was as mute as a fish. A harsh gust of wind now took hold of me and made me eyes tear. The voice of the person who needed my help was carried away and owls were shrieking. The massive tree beside me was moving dangerously, and before I knew what was happening, I saw the tree falling down towards me. So I was not going to die suffocating. I was going to be battered to death.

   The last thing I could see were his eyes, glaring at me in pain..

   A loud noise coming from downstairs made me wake up. My head was aching, probably from that silly dream I just had. It left me with a strange feeling in my stomach. I was just about to bury my head under the blanket, when I again heard a rattling noise followed by a strange sounding laughter. My heartbeat increased and I quickly scrabbled out of my bed, fetching a scarf from the armchair and quietly opening the door. I stepped out of my room as soon as I had fixed the scarf and approached the stairs. I hesitated for a while, trying to know what was going on downstairs. It sounded like glass bottles and shuffling. I needed to know what was happening so I slowly took one step after another until I reached the bottom. I caught my breath and threw a look around the corner and the sight in front of me was unexpected.

   Harry was lying in the middle of the room on the ground, emptying a beer bottle over his opened mouth. Beside him were two or three already empty ones. Louis was lying on the couch on his stomach, with closed eyes, an opened mouth and holding tightly a beer bottle in his hand. With his feet, he had accidentally kicked another one over, which was now spreading its content on the carpet. My eyes then wandered to the last one in the room. Zayn. He was sitting on the ground, leaning against the door also with a beer bottle between his legs. His head had collapsed onto his chest and he seemed to be unconscious. My whole body started trembling. I couldn't bear to look at the scene for a second more, I couldn't bear that suffocating smell, so I rushed upstairs and closed the door behind me.