Chapter 17: One Interview, One Phone Call And One Disaster

*Harry*

  "So, any ideas about what to tell them if they asked about Little Miss Egypt?" Simon stepped into the room where we were getting ready for the imminent live interview. It was the first one since that paparazzi took a shot of Jenan and Zayn, so we were all worried about that topic. Zayn was, of course, the most and our hairstylist, Lou, had a difficult task in getting his hair ready as he kept popping his head in tense.
   "Can't you manage it that they just won't ask?" Louis inquired and closed the uppermost button of his shirt.
   Simon leaned against the door frame and shook his head. "No, they will notice that we have something to hide. Besides that we should choke off all the rumors the fans are spreading."
   "Rumors? Like what?" I asked nervously, running through my curls.
   Simon snorted. "They think the ring on her finger is her engagement ring and she's Zayn's fiancée."
   We all burst out into laughter, except Zayn who stared with wide eyes at his reflection in the mirror, blushing.
   "I can't follow you at all!" Lou exclaimed, threw her blonde her off her shoulder and sprayed hair spray onto Zayn's hairdo.
   "Well, there is that girl.. she's from Egypt and needs a roof for a few months so she's practically living with us for a month now." I shortly explained. A few days after Simon had told us about her coming, he also asked us not to talk to the crew about her.  "And one day a paparazzi caught Zayn with her and shot a photo which now goes around the world."
   "Aha.." she said slowly, looking at Zayn in the mirror. "Do the fans know her? I mean, her name and other stuff?"
   Simon shook his head. "No, but that's what makes her more interesting for the people. They know nothing about her except the right side of her face and the ring on her finger."
   "So you now want to smother the fact of her existance?" she asked and we all nodded.
   "We need to protect her from the fans." Liam said.
   Lou turned to him. "But does she want to be protected from the media and the fans?"
   We looked at each other. "Umm.." Niall cleared his throat. "We suppose she would want that."
   "Suppose? Would?" Lou repeated and raised her eyebrows. We just stared back at her when finally the scales fell from her eyes. "Whoa, wait.. she doesn't know anything??"
   Louis sat down on the couch next to Niall and threw a look at me. "She's never heard of One Direction before and we didn't do anything to let her know about our fame."
   "And she doesn't know about our photo." Zayn added.
    "That poor little thing." She muttered and ended her work on Zayn's hair. "But I personally think she has the right to know about it all."
   "That's not the topic now." Simon interrupted. "We still didn't discuss what we would reply!"
   "We could pass her off as one of Zayn's relatives." Liam suggested and ran his fingers through his newly short hair. I remember when he came home the day he cut it and how Jenan reacted. At first she kind of yelled at him for not telling her about his plan before it was too late (she was a big fan of Liam's longer hair) but already one week later she shyly told him about how much she liked his new hair cut and how it made him look more 'manly'. 
   "Great idea!" Niall said and washed away any thoughts on Liam's hair. I noticed also that Louis nodded.
   "But how will Zayn explain how she's never appeared on any of the family photos before?" I questioned. Lou turned to me and started arranging my curls.
   "Well.." Niall muttered. "We could claim that she never wanted to be concerned with Zayn's fame in any way and always tried to cut down on the relation between them."
   "Ya, that would be not bad." Simon said.
    "What if they asked about her name? Will we make up one?" Louis scratched his head and frowned.
   "No." I said before any of the boys could reply. "We should lessen the lies we're telling. Jenan would hate the idea that we lied because of her." She had become my best friend (after the lads) in the past weeks and I knew how she has a different mentality and way of thinking.
   Zayn nodded. "Harry's right. I don't think it will harm anybody to say her name. I bet there are a trillion Jenans outside there." He stood up and put his denim jacket on.
   Lou finished pranking me up and yelled: "WHO'S NEXT?"