Chapter 32: Back In Egypt

A/N: so Jenan is back in Egypt now, yayy :D in this chapter, I think I exaggerated a bit with Zayn's heartache, sorry *big sigh* don't hate him (or me :D) for that ;) x

~ "I've never forgotten him. Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. Such is the strangeness of the human heart. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. The pain is like an axe that chops my heart. "
Yann Martel  ~

*Jenan*

   Everything felt different. The people, the weather, the whole atmosphere seemed strange to me but a little part of my heart remembered that I was home now.
   "You can tell me about everything, Jenna-darling." My mother muttered at the other end of the line.
   "I know, thanks."  I replied and kept my eyes fixed on the scenes in front of my eyes. My father, who was behind the steering wheel, was driving us from the airport to our flat. I terribly wanted to tell my mother about everything, but how could I do that on the phone when she was miles away from me? I just wished she was here to hold me in her arms and tell me what to do to get over Zayn.
   Entering my flat gave me a good feeling. I was somehow glad I was back. The prospect of my favourite month of the year, Ramadan, starting tomorrow gave me new energy and I had brought my room back to life withing two hours. My father was very caring and even took a day off. He drove me to the Esplanada Mall where we did a slight shopping and ate an ice cream. I tried hard to get my mind off Zayn and the boys but it hardly worked.
   I woke up two hours before Al-Fajr prayer (chasing away the sad memories of when I farewelled the kids of the hospital) to prepare our Sohour. Me and my father ate it silently and as we finished, I drank a lot of water and then went to bed. The first fast day is always the hardest but then the rest of the month passes very quickly. I used Ramadan to get off the world around me and the people. I broke contact with my friends and everyone else except my parents. It was weird, yes, but I needed that.

   On the first day of the feast, I called up all of my friends to tell them I was in Egypt and had a long phone call with Leesha trying to calm her down on the fact I hadn't called her for a whole month. Of course I didn't call anyone of the lads back, that was for sure.
   For me, they were nothing more than memories.

**

*Zayn*

   "So, Zayn. How's your life these days?" the interviewer asked me. My face turned into a grimace as it almost always happens with questions like this one. How should my life be after the girl I loved left me without a last goobye? Without calling me back for one time?
   My life was like a construction area.

   The past month I did nothing but going clubbing every single night to get over my loss. It was ironic, because I wasn't supposed to call it a loss as I have never even had Jenan. But whatever. Two weeks ago it got so bad, Simon threated me with throwing me out of the band. The lads were trying to be helpful and always sticked up to me but it wasn't enough; I would still do what I wanted. I didn't even count the number of girls I met during the past 30 days. And if someone asked me about the name of a single one I would be clueless.
   I was a wreck, you see. And hiding it from the media has become impossible. The whole fandom knew that I wasn't alright; they caught me smoking more than ever, walking around the streets with bloodshot eyes and forgetting my solos during performances. They also noticed that I avoided every single inquiry into Jenan's whereabouts and why I was in that bad state these days.