Chapter 10: New Family

*Jenan*

   Two weeks have passed since that ineffable 'accident' after meeting Emily in London Lane and I haven't left the flat once again. It's not that I don't want to, I do. But the boys just won't seem to let me.
   I could've never imagined 'strangers' to turn into 'friends/brothers' in a weeks time, but that's what happened. Honestly, I find it a little bit annoying how they treat me like a raw egg. Even Niall is nice to me by not shouting at me if I cook something he doesn't like because that became my new hobby: cooking. Three days before, Louis had bought a cookery book for me and because everyday I cook something new for the boys, Niall complained that he feels like a human guinea pig.
   But after all, I must admit that I enjoyed my life with them although there were moments where I wished I could be alone. Like right now. Since the 'accident', the boys arranged their jobs so that it was impossible for me to be home alone. It's like: Zayn goes, Liam comes. Liam goes, Louis comes. Louis goes, Harry comes. And then they are all at home.
   At first, it didn't bother me but 4 days ago, Zayn revealed that they all have got a holiday for 2 weeks and will be with me all the time. Like, 24/7. Jeez.
    So, now I am sitting on the couch, squashed between Zayn and Harry. If you think that there are only Louis, Liam and Niall, you are wrong. The boys organised something like a small 'party'. There were girls, one of them was Louis' girlfriend: Eleanor. As soon as Eleanor greeted me, I knew we would get along. I liked her from the very first moment and I keep wishing she and Louis weren't like attached at the hip all the time. I wanted her to spend more time with me, to distract me from the boys so I could get to know her better.
   I noticed how Harry and Zayn threw a look at each other over my head when suddenly Harry stood up and disappeared upstairs. I furrowed my eyebrows at Zayn who just grinned so I hit him with a pillow.
   Luckily I stopped wincing everytime Zayn or one of the other boys  smiled or grinned at me. My religion is the second reason for them to treat me like an egg. They fear to say or do something wrong in front of me, and maybe annoy me with it. I was glad that they cared but I didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable with me so I tried to strike a balance. In fact, I am still trying to.
   Harry returned with something in his hands. "Come over." He ordered Zayn and me and went to the table. I furrowed my eyebrows again but followed Zayn to the table without uttering a single sound.
   "Let's play together." Harry grinned and sat down at the bottom, Zayn sat at his right so I sat down opposite to Zayn and to Harry's left.
   I threw a look at the game. "You want to play Ludo?" I asked sceptical.
   "Yep, why not?" Harry asked and started to rig up the game.

   Of course I did not win. I never win at this game but it was much more fun to play it with Zayn and Harry than with Kassatt and Alia.
   "And we play, play, play all the same old games, and we wait, wait, wait for the end to change.." Harry started singing and he and Zayn burst into laughter whereas I gasped. Harry had an angelic voice!
   "Wait," I said. "That's Same Mistakes by One Direction, right?"
   Strangely, the boys froze and their laughter seemed to get stuck in their throats.. "You know One Direction?" Zayn asked.
   "You told me about them before, Silly-Billy. Remember?"
   He smiled a tiny smile. "That was on our first day together, I remember." But then he looked paused. "But it wasn't Same Mistakes it was-"
   ".. One Thing, I know. But Louis had turned the radio on once and Same Mistakes was playing. I recognised the voices of One Direction and Louis confirmed that I was right."
   "So you are not interested in them, are you?" Harry asked.
   It felt like we were talking in different directions. As if they ask something but mean something else. "Well, honestly I am. I keep thinking of opening YouTube and listening to all of their songs, but I always forget." I smirked.
   Zayn and Harry looked at each other. "What's the matter?" I asked. They smiled at me and said in unison "Nothing."
   I wasn't satisfied but there was a question which began to take form in my mind. "But hey, I didn't know you can sing, Harry."
   He grinned and ran his fingers through his curls. "You never asked."
   I turned to Zayn. "What about you? I bet you can sing too."
   He smiled. "A little bit." Harry chuckled, but before we could complete out conversation, Niall sat down next to us. For some reason I wanted to hear Zayn's voice, badly.
   "Hey, we wanted to watch a movie together. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Wanna join?" the Irish asked and grinned.
   Of course we wanted to.

**

   Later at night, before going to sleep, I texted Emily.

   Hey, Em. How r u? :) hope the boys will release me from this prison soon :D tell me when u are back from Manchester, ok? Love, J.

In the first week after the disaster she called me everyday but (luckily for me) she had to go to Manchester so she reduced it all on texting. I think she was feeling guilty. She and probably Zayn too.

   Fiiiine, what about u? :) i can help u and steal the key, just tell me who has it :D think i'm gonna be back soon. Hugs, Em.

With a smile on my face, I fell asleep.

**

   A knock on my door woke me up the next morning. "Yes?" I askeed, drowsy, and turned around.
   "Jenan?" I heard a male voice calling from the other side of the door. It was Zayn. "Are you awake?"
   "Now I am." I grumbled into my pillow.
   I heard him quietly chuckling. "I only thought if you'd like to come on a short trip with me?"
   I sighed, sat up and straightened myself. Whilst grabbing my scarf and wrapping it around my hair Zayn asked: "Jenan?"
   Is it stupid to smile everytime he says my name? Because I do.
   When I opened the door I looked at an adorable looking Zayn. His dark hair was rumpled up, his beautiful eyes were staring into mine. My eyes wandered to his crooked smile and I noticed his two-day-old beard. "You should get shaved." I smiled mischievously.
   He grinned. "Aye – Aye, Sir!" and disappeared. I sighed again, but now out of comfort. After closing the door, I opened my wardrobe and took out a long black skirt, an orange-coloured T-shirt and a black/grey/purple/orange- coloured scarf. I knew I had previously mentioned that I wasn't into rainbows above my head but this was one of the scarves which had a lot of colours and still seemed modest.
   Before changing clothes, I went to the bathroom first to wash myself for the morning prayer, brush my teeth and braid my hair. Back in my room, I prayed and then put on my clothes. I noticed that my glasses were blurred so I kept searching for my glasses cloth. Where was it?

After searching everywhere in my room, I took my handbag and went downstairs.
   Niall was having breakfast with Harry, and Liam and Louis were messing about ttogether on the couch.  
   "Has anyone seen my glasses cloth, boys?" I asked.
   They looked up at me. "Err, I think," Louis began. ".. I saw it for the last time with Zayn, a few days ago, when he wanted to clean his Ray-Bans."
   So Zayn had stolen it! Before I could move, Zayn rushed down the stairs. "Sweet." He quickly commented my outfit and headed over to the kitchen. Slowly, I walked towards the table and sat down next to Harry who was eating a cheese-sandwich.
   "Morming, J." He greeted me with sandwich in his mouth.
    "Morning, Styles." I smiled. Harry and Zayn are the only two boys whose last names I know. "Do you need any help?" I then asked Zayn. With lightening speed he was preparing two mueslis for both of us. He shook his head, came to the table and gave me my breakfast.
   "Aw, thanks!" I immediately started eating as I'm always starving in the morning. The breakfast is someone's most important meal of the days after all!
   Zayn sat down in front of me. I had a chance to size him up now after coming down; his hair wasn't a mess anymore and – wow— he had actually shaved!
   I hid my smile behind a spoon full of cereals.
   "Seems you are in love with your food..?" I heard Harry saying.
   "Huh?" I threw a confused look at him. He was staring at me with a little smile on his face.
   "Nothing, you are just looking at your food as if it was your future husband." He giggled.
   My eyes narrowed. My hand was frozen between the muesli and my mouth. The cereals which were on the spoon already fell down so there wasn't anything except drops of milk. My mouth changed into an evil grin and I splashed the milk of the spoon onto Harry.
   "Wha...?" he quickly ducked but it was too late. On his black T-shirt were pearls of milk. Zayn, Niall and me bursted into laughter when we saw Harry's face who looked at the milk drops as if they were aliens.
   "You are mean!" he moaned.
   "Oh yes, evil me." I chuckled, hiding my worries that I probably exaggerated. But luckily, Harry looked up and smiled.
   "You are the first girl ever to do something like that to Harry goddamn Styles."
   "My honour!" I said, acting shook.
   Zayn stood up and interrupted our funny moment. "Have you finished?"
   Quickly, I ate my last spoon and brought the dishes into the kitchen.
   "Let's go!"