Chapter 21: Slowly Falling

_One week later_

*Zayn*

   "Why are you upset?" it was Saturday afternoon, one hour after Jenan and me had brought Leesha to the airport and farewelled her. We had gone back to the flat only to find it empty, but that didn't surprise me. The boys (Niall and Liam) had gone to see Simon to arrange our flight to LA. We'll be staying there for only a week but I knew that when we get home again, we'll be busy with working on the new album and hiding our career from Jenan will become more difficult than ever. We won't be able to manage it so that she won't be alone, we all will have to go to the studio of course, so Jenan will probably go out alone a lot. Which isn't exactly the problem, it's sure that we can't keep her trapped in the flat all the time and alone, but the real problem was that the world now knew how she looked like..

   It was on Jenan's first day at work when I went to the hospital (with Leesha in the car) to fetch her. A paparazzi had seen us coming out of the hospital and has shot a few photos of us. New articles were written with headlines like Who is she really? and Did Zayn Malik lie?. The media folks have been making researches about my whole family tree it seems and of course they didn't find a girl called Jenan. So that now means that the world knew how she exactly looked like and that she was not my relative.

   "It's nothing." She muttered and wrapped her arms around her torso.

   "Is is because Leesha flew back?" I asked, looking at her.

   "Hmm, ya, a little bit." She told the television. Why didn't she look at me?

   "You miss your parents?" second trial.

   She sighed. "Of course I do.."

   "..but that's not it." I finished her sentence. Still, she didn't look at me, she only smiled a little. "Talk to me." I almost begged her.

   She sighed again. "It's.. I don't know. You are leaving to LA tomorrow and I even don't know why."

   It took me a few seconds to realise that our absence was the thing which made her sad and this fact made my heart beat faster. For a few moments, I felt happy but then I remembered the last part of her sentence and I even don't know why. So she questioned our business? Good Heavens.

   "I mean," she started. "I've been living here with you for quite a long time now and I realised that I know so little about you and your lives." I swallowed hardly, starting to become nervous. "I don't know what your job is, what you do and how you earn your money. I don't know if the other boys have brothers or sisters or who your parents are. I even don't know if you have a pet or something!"

   "I have a dog." Was all I could say. How stupid.

   Jenan's reaction was about rolling her eyes and pouting. "I promise you," I said. "When I come back, I'll tell you everything you want to know about us. I'll show you all of our dirty little secrets."

   Jenan chuckled a little and finally looked up at me. It was one of the few moments where she wasn't wearing her glasses and I could see the glance in her eyes. "It's strange but.. I don't want you to leave."

   Silence took over the room and I cursed the English language for not being accurate if 'you' here was meant 'me' or 'me and the rest of the boys'. "Me?" I asked her.

   She blushed, turned away and replied in a low voice: "All of you."

   "We will be back soon." I muttered, feeling a little bit disappointed since she said that she meant all of us. Why was I disappointed by that? What was going on with me?