Flashback to 16 Part 4

After my discussion with my parents I went to sleep. The last thing I wanted to do was face everyone at school. No one knew, but having the feeling that I'm going to be a mother haunts me. It's like I have a huge weight on my shoulders, and it's not coming off anytime soon. The last person I want to see is Jack. The father of my child, which is weird saying. I'm only 16. Even though I hate Jack with every bone in my body, he is going to be in my life forever. He may not be there physically but through my child he will be.
My alarm went off and I moaned and slowly got up. I took a shower and didn't even bother putting on make-up. I put on sweats and a t-shirt with a messy bun. I put on some Jordan's and grabbed my book-bag and went downstairs.
"Morning sweetie." I was surprised when I saw both of my parents sitting at the table. My dad was usually at work and my mom would be busy with emailing her employers about something.
"Um hi?" I say awkwardly while sitting down.
"How are you feeling?" My dad asked.
"Tired." I say back bluntly.
"Look, I know you're probably nervous about going to school. But how do you go about telling Jack?" My mom asked while taking a sip of her coffee.
"I didn't even think about that." I said staring at her. "Wait dad...you didn't actually call him last night, did you?"
"Oh no I didn't. I didn't mean it when I said that." I just nodded.
"Okay, eat something because I'm dropping you off soon." My mom said. I looked in my fridge. I was craving something salty and greasy. Which is unusual. But hey, I'm pregnant, this is what happens right? I saw Chinese leftovers and grabbed it and started eating it cold. My parents just looked at me like I had two heads.
"What?" I say while I stuff my face with Lo Mein. My mom drove me to school. She parked in front of the building and I felt anxiety start to wash over me.
"Don't be nervous Lacey. Walk in there with your head held high." She gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Love you. And um, when you talk to Jack, tell him in private." I just nodded and walked out of the car. "Tell me how it goes." She said yelling out the window. My face flushed with embarrassment and I ran back towards the car.
"You took my phone away remember? And keep your voice down, we're in public." I whispered loudly to her and speed walked away.
Once I got to school I saw Tiana as usual. I barely talked, I just gave her short answers to everything.
"Okay what's up?" She turned to me and eyed me down.
"It's complicated." I said back.
"Nothing's too complicated for me Lacey." She said with a stern look on her face.
"You'd hate me forever TT." I said with a deep breath. I wasn't in the mood so I just walked away. I needed fresh air so I went to the back of the school where not a lot of people go. I walked out and sat down on a bench and rested my head in my hands. I heard laughter near me so I turned my head and saw Jack and his little friends. Without thinking I immediately walked over to him.
"Sup babe." He said in an extremely cocky tone.
Ignoring his remark I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "I need to talk to you." I felt his friends eye me down.
"I'm kinda busy right now." He said with a smirk on his face. I looked in his hand and saw a joint. Was he stupid? I grabbed the pot from his hand and threw it on the ground and stepped on it.
"What the fuck?!" He yelled. I pulled onto his arm and brought him to the other side of the building. I heard all of his friends make smart remarks but I didn't care.
"Let go of me. Are you desperate?" He scoffed while glaring at me. His eyes were bright red. He was high. Too high.
"Just listen to me." I said sternly.
"Make it quick." He snapped his fingers.
"I'm pregnant." I said out flatly.
At first it was silent. Then he started laughing. LAUGHING!
"It's not mine." He said shaking his head and laughing.
"I'm pretty sure it's yours Jack." I cross my arms.
"So you're telling me that I'm the only guy you've ever slept with?" He said while pointing at me.
"What are you trying to say?!" I asked getting offended.
"I think you're lying. Didn't you sleep with Nate like two weeks ago?" He said with a smirk.
"You know what? Forget it. Have fun paying child support you cuntbag." And from there I walked off.

Well that was it. That was the beginning of my pregnancy. It started off at a rough start, but eventually things got better. My parents and I moved to California and that's where I gave birth to my daughter Genesis. Jack didn't even bother paying child support and I honestly didn't care. I don't need him in my life and neither does my daughter. I'm now 18 and Genesis is 2. I moved out and we live in an apartment in L.A. My parents were generous enough to pay the rent while I went college on a scholarship. This experience made me realize that I can be independent and I don't need any man in my life. Well, here is the beginning of my life on my own.