Telling Genesis

After Jack and I had our discussion, we decided that after my shift was over that we could tell Genesis that he was her dad. I'm not so sure how it is going to work out but hopefully it's okay. But I told Jack that before I leave her with him that I have to be there for about 30 minutes and see how she likes it. I'm a little hesitant about this but I kept thinking about what Jack said before. 'A child can't grow up without a father.' And he was her father whether I liked it or not.

During my break I went to the Jacks house to see what kind of environment I was bringing my daughter into.

I knocked on the door. Gilinsky answered shirtless. "What?" He said with a little smirk on his face.

"I'm gonna check out your place." I demanded.

"Check out my place?" He repeated.

"Yeah." I said and nudged him out of the way.

"Whoa watch the six pack." He joked.

"You wish you had a six pack." I scoff back.

"Feisty." He said with a smirk on his face.

"You really haven't changed much since highschool." I say while walking through the dining room.

"What's that supposed to mean it's only been a year?" I ignored his question and just kept walking. I went into the living room and something caught my attention.

A bong. Was be serious?

"You're kidding me right?" I say walking over to the bong.

"It's a decoration!" He said. He was obviously lying.

"Well your 'decoration' is going to turn into a dangerous toy for Genesis. Put it away." I snapped.

"Are you like this to everyone?" He asked while taking the bong out of my hand.

"When it comes to my child's safety, yes." I say while crossing my arms.

"You know, she is my child too." He said looking down at me.

"And?" I snap back at him and walk up the stairs. "Where's your other friend?" I asked while walking into Gilinsky's room.

"He's out." He said while staring in the mirror and flexing his 'muscle'.

"If you're trying to impress me it isn't working." I say while laughing.

"That's like the first time you've laughed around me." He exclaimed with a surprised look on his face.

"Don't get used to it." I roll my eyes.

"So is my place 'secure' enough?" He stood closer to me.

"It's fine. See you at 5" I walked out the door.

"Lacey wait." Jack called out my name.

"What?"

"Come back inside for a sec?" He motioned me to go back.

"Why?"

"Just come inside?"

"I guess so." I slowly walk inside. "What?"

"I think we should get to know eachother more. I mean...if we're Genesis's parents and all.."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with you." I try to put a smile on my face.

"That's a good start." He said with a big smile.

"Can we finish this later? I need to be somewhere." I walk out to my car and Jack followed.

"You always do this." He complained.

"Excuse me?" I cross my arms.

"You're always pushing me away. I'm trying here, you could too." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay I'll try to be nicer to you. But I actually have to go."

"Why?"

"Work." He just nodded. I nodded back and got in my car and drove away.

After my shift I went to my parents to pick up Genesis.

"Hi mommy!" She screamed and ran into my arms.

"Hi love. I missed you!" I pick her up and spin her around.

"Hey Lacey." I turn around and see my dad. I run into his arms.

"Hi dad." I say and give him a big hug.

"How come you have a daddy and I don't mommy?" Genesis asked poking my leg.

"Speaking of daddies. I need to tell you and mom something." I sat my parents down while Genesis watched t.v. and told them me and Jack's plan.

"Are you sure about this?" My mom asked.

"I already checked out his place...I'm sure she'll be fine. And it's just an hour." I say to them.

"As much as I don't like that kid...I think it's a good idea. It's difficult for a child to grow up in a single parent home." My dad said.

"That's what Jack said." I said rolling my eyes. "But we have to go. Bye love you."

We pulled into Jack's driveway.

"Where are we mommy?" Genesis asked.

"You'll find out." I say while helping her un-buckle her car seat. Genesis rings the doorbell.

"Hey." Gilinsky answered the door with a big smile on his face.

"Hey. Genesis say hi to Jack."

"Hi Jack." She said quietly while holding onto my leg.

"Come in guys." We walked in and saw Johnson sitting on the couch. I waved and he gave me a small smile.

We all sat at the dining room table, Genesis on my lap.

"Lacey. Do you want to start?" Jack asked getting nervous.

"I guess. Um Genesis, you know how you always ask why you don't have a daddy?" She nodded, "Well, you do."

Her eyes widened and she jumped out of my lap, "I DO?!" She screamed with excitement. I saw Gilinsky's face grow bright with a smile.

"Who is it mommy? I want to meet him! I wanna meet my daddy!" She kept pulling on my arm.

"I'm right here Genesis. I'm your dad." Gilinsky said full of excitement. This was so emotional for me. I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Hi daddy!" She yelled and jumped in his arms. I give Jack a smile. "I love you daddy!" She said in his chest.

He hesitated, "I love you too Genesis."

A/N this is so cute I don't know why I'm like crying tears of joy reading this.