Apologies and Sleepovers

I sped home and stormed inside my apartment with Genesis in my arm.

She stopped crying halfway through the ride and fell asleep. I changed her into her pajamas and placed her in her bed.

I showered and changed into some shorts and a tank top. I placed my hair in a messy bun and sat in the living room and turned on the t.v. I was extremely pissed off. I feel like an idiot and I'm embarrassed that I actually showed my trust in Gilinsky. I know that Genesis should have a father figure in her life, but I'm not sure that Gilinsky will be involved with her anymore. I heard a loud knock on my door. I sigh to myself and walk over to the door.

I open it and see Jack G, "Lacey-" Before he could finish his sentence I slammed the door.

"Mommy?" I heard Genesis say loudly from her bedroom. She came running into the living room. "Mommy I heard daddy's voice." She said while rubbing her eyes. There was a knock on the door again.

"Lacey, I'm not leaving until you let me talk to you."

"Go home Jack." I slightly yell.

"Daddy is that you?!" Lacey ran over to the door and started banging on it.

"Genesis stop it." I walk over and grab her by her arm.

"Not until you let daddy in!" She said back to me. I rolled my eyes and slowly opened the door.

"Daddy!" Genesis screamed and jumped into his arms. How was she not traumatized by what he put her through?

"Hey kiddo." He picked her up and spun her around then placed her back down.

"Can we talk?" He said staring at me in the eyes.

"Make it quick." I snapped at him.

"Genesis go back to sleep okay babe?" He said while rubbing her cheek. She nodded and scurried off into her room.

"Okay, what?" I ask sternly.

"Obviously you're pissed...but I promise you the party was not my plan. A few minutes after you left, Johnson told me that he invited people over, and that pissed me off because he knew how important watching Genesis was to me." he explained.

"Then why were you drinking in front of her?" I ask.

"I was being plain stupid. And I'm sorry. Please Lacey, give me another chance."

I stood up and slightly yelled, "I gave you another chance and you screwed it up!"

"Do you think this is easy for me? Having to watch you and my daughter and not being able to be apart of your lives? I know that it's my fault, but I feel guilt every single day. It's not easy Lacey."

"And you think my life is any better?" I snicker.

"Can you not think about yourself for once? Think about when Genesis is 15 and I'm not there in her life. Who's gonna interrogate her first boyfriend? Or embarrass her infront of her friends? Parenting takes two people not one. Genesis needs a dad and I promise you I will be a great dad to her if you gave me another chance. Please." He practically begged me. I just stared at him and my face softened.

"Okay Jack. Fine. But remember I'm only doing this for Genesis, if it was my choice you wouldn't be able to even look at her." I snap at him.

"Lacey. Thank you but I was hoping that you and I could at least have a friendship? This bickering is getting kind of old and it's not helping Genesis either." He looked into my eyes and I looked down uncomfortably.

"Okay." I mutter.

"Look, there's this carnival thing tomorrow. Me and the guys are going after one of our gigs, do you and Genesis wanna come?"

I gave him a warm smile, "I think she would love that."

"Great." He said back. "Well, I guess I'll go now." He said walking towards the door.

"No daddy don't leave!" I heard Genesis yell and run into his arms. How did she hear him?

"You're supposed to be sleeping." I tell her sternly.

"Mommy I don't want daddy to leave." She whined.

"Well he has to sweetie." I saw tears start to form in her eyes. Oh my god. Every time I tell her no she cries.

"Don't cry Genesis." Gilinsky said while kissing her in a cheek. "Daddy has to go now." He says while placing her down.

"No!" She said with tears streaming down her face. He gave me a 'What do I do?' look.

"Genesis." I say and get close in her face, "Daddy doesn't live here. He needs to go home, you'll see him tomorrow."

"Why are you so mean mommy?!" She yelled. I gave her a look and stood back up.

"I don't mind spending the night, I mean I'd hate to see her upset." Jack said while looking at me.

"The couch turns into a bed, you can sleep on that." I tell him. This was weird. Having Jack spend the night in my apartment wasn't really a fun thing planned for my day.

I walk into my bathroom and accidentally walk in on Jack washing his face- shirtless.

"Oh sorry." I mumble and walk out.

"Don't act like you haven't seen me shirtless before." He winked.

I scoffed, "Oh don't even start. I'm not interested."

"Then why are still staring if you're 'not interested'?" He smirked at me.

"Do you want to sleep outside?" I snap at him.

He just chuckled, "Goodnight Lacey."

"Goodnight asshole."